13198 19 2021-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wolfwater69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1685472 ft
  • >>>
United States

when flying or taking off, I flip the switch on the transmitter all the way down and it wont go into manual mode, what is the problem?

2021-3-14
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

you haven't read the manual ... this is the problem ... so go and read it, it really doesn't hurt ...: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

2021-3-14
Use props
wolfwater69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1685472 ft
  • >>>
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-14 14:29
you haven't read the manual ... this is the problem ... so go and read it, it really doesn't hurt ...: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

Yeh, you are right. I didn't know the custom button was defaulted to sport mode. If I change it to manual mode it should work? Thanks for your help, I thought manual mode would work on default settings, I have flown alot of dji drones. I have the mavic 2 zoom too!
2021-3-14
Use props
MCWH7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is most certainly a machine that you should read the manual before flying it
2021-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there wolfwater69. Good day and it is great to know that you have resolved the said issue. If you have any other issue or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you and keep flying.
2021-3-14
Use props
Carlos Samayoa
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

Hello! I’ve been trying to fly manual on my DJI fpv drone, and everytime I fly for about 2 minutes as soon as I start ripping it says “unable to use manual mode” and takes me to normal and sport only I already turned off the default setting so yes I’ve flown full acro, but lately my drone has been stopping in mid flight with no obstacles or anything it just says unable to fly manual how can I fix this so I can fly !
2021-3-17
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Carlos Samayoa Posted at 3-17 04:44
Hello! I’ve been trying to fly manual on my DJI fpv drone, and everytime I fly for about 2 minutes as soon as I start ripping it says “unable to use manual mode” and takes me to normal and sport only I already turned off the default setting so yes I’ve flown full acro, but lately my drone has been stopping in mid flight with no obstacles or anything it just says unable to fly manual how can I fix this so I can fly !

same issues
2021-3-17
Use props
fans568eb944
lvl.1
Flight distance : 348028 ft
United States

Same issue here only thing I can find online is to reflash everything and check for updates. (worked for one person online.)
2021-3-25
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

wolfwater69 Posted at 3-14 15:09
Yeh, you are right. I didn't know the custom button was defaulted to sport mode. If I change it to manual mode it should work? Thanks for your help, I thought manual mode would work on default settings, I have flown alot of dji drones. I have the mavic 2 zoom too!

That is not enough
2021-3-25
Use props
MCWH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100223 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are a few reasons why the drone will drop out of manual mode

1. Drone loses GPS lock
2. Entering restricted airspace
3. Getting within 40 meters of your airspace ceiling

There may be more, but those are the ones I know of
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_nWlzOteDJkqp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3330092 ft
United States

So I updated my firmware lastnight when it asked me to.after the update  it started saying somthing about my batteries  and that went away and then now it's not letting me I Manuel  mode.when I click over it just stays in sport mode and say I can't go into obstacle ovoidance.tried turning it off and Still didn't work so I dunno what else to do any takers
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_algQWJep4dTM
New
United States

djiuser_nWlzOteDJkqp Posted at 1-3 21:30
So I updated my firmware lastnight when it asked me to.after the update  it started saying somthing about my batteries  and that went away and then now it's not letting me I Manuel  mode.when I click over it just stays in sport mode and say I can't go into obstacle ovoidance.tried turning it off and Still didn't work so I dunno what else to do any takers

Hello, I'm having the same problem, I did a firmware update and then went outside to fly and It wouldn't allow me to enter Manual mode. I'm looking for answer's myself but it's looking pretty slim. And contacting someone at DJI is a joke as well
2022-1-6
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_algQWJep4dTM Posted at 1-6 14:39
Hello, I'm having the same problem, I did a firmware update and then went outside to fly and It wouldn't allow me to enter Manual mode. I'm looking for answer's myself but it's looking pretty slim. And contacting someone at DJI is a joke as well

It's probably worth going into Settings > Control > Remote Controller > Button Customization and checking that the bottom option "Custom Mode" is still set to "Manual Mode". I would suspect that somehow the firmware update has reset this back to the default "Sport Mode". I could be wrong, but that's the first thing I would check.
2022-1-7
Use props
rezamehrad
New

Cyprus

My Dji FPV on manual mode can't go up or down ... I mean it can't increase or decrease the height ... can anybody help me please
2022-9-9
Use props
odesius
lvl.2

Spain

MCWH7 Posted at 2021-3-14 16:08
This is most certainly a machine that you should read the manual before flying it

I have the same problem and I have read the manual and searched. It is a major problem and I will send it back next week
I bought it to manual fly I can fly FPV I will read the manual and find the section on Manual flying, regards a great quad lots to learn
2023-6-21
Use props
odesius
lvl.2

Spain

I can help  Go to Settings, Control, Remote Control, and then Button Customization and set the Custom Mode to Manual Mode..
2023-6-22
Use props
odesius
lvl.2

Spain

The direct answer I was looking for is - Control, Remote Control, and then Button Customization and set the Custom Mode to Manual Mode., read manual too when you have time its over 50 pages, also fly in simulator, get plenty of space around aircraft, learn how to adjust throttle with screw at back.
I think you obviously need to be very responsible here because the quad can go from 60 mph to 90 ad fly in pleanty of wide open space.

I am a very experienced pilot and adhere to all the rules.
We may have been penalised for others who are not careful and the EU sets a blanket rule for people flying carelessly say in cities etc.
Thats the problem

2023-6-22
Use props
odesius
lvl.2

Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-3-14 20:32
Hello there wolfwater69. Good day and it is great to know that you have resolved the said issue. If you have any other issue or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you and keep flying.

I have a question , I have set the default to Manual mode as per instructions, if Im flying manual mode can I switch back to sport mode with the 3 position switch? It just sais manual mode
thanks
2023-6-22
Use props
djiuser_W6audU9jeaYu
New

United States

Carlos Samayoa Posted at 2021-3-17 04:44
Hello! I’ve been trying to fly manual on my DJI fpv drone, and everytime I fly for about 2 minutes as soon as I start ripping it says “unable to use manual mode” and takes me to normal and sport only I already turned off the default setting so yes I’ve flown full acro, but lately my drone has been stopping in mid flight with no obstacles or anything it just says unable to fly manual how can I fix this so I can fly !

Same issue just happened last week I was fine now I can’t fly more then 30’ away from top
2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_W6audU9jeaYu Posted at 7-4 15:27
Same issue just happened last week I was fine now I can’t fly more then 30’ away from top

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific error message did you experience? Can you please post a screenshot so we can check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules