Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote Controller Stick Error in Manual Mode
16194 17 2021-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

Hi guys, the title says it all.  I had this message start popping up while flying in manual mode today.  I did not notice any flying issues while bring it down to land it.

Wayne Mann
2021-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Wayne Mann. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the error message you are receiving please for us to be able to assist you further? Thank you.
2021-3-14
Use props
markusko
New

Taiwan

I am having same issue.  I activate Manual mode but 5 seconds later my drone comes to complete stop and switched to normal mode.   I try to activate it again to manual mode with stick fallowing green points and switches to manual mode but 5 seconds later, again goes to normal mode..    I am acro pro flier and this is super annoying.  Manual mode never worked since I got the drone last week.  PLease help or I need to ship it back to Amazon.
2021-3-15
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

Hi Stephen.  The error message reads:  Remote Controller Stick Error.

Unlike the other poster my Controller does not automatically switch back to Normal mode.  It stayed in Manual mode for about 15 seconds until I switched into Normal mode to land.

Wayne Mann
2021-3-15
Use props
kcmastrpc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30479 ft
United States

I am having the same issue, the googles show “Remote controller stick error”, and I cannot enter M mode. I get the prompt to align the sticks, but even if I stay in the green zones for over a minute it never goes into acro mode. Normal and Sports flys normally.
2021-3-15
Use props
kcmastrpc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30479 ft
United States

Update: I believe I was able to correct the problem by calibrating the controller.
2021-3-16
Use props
PiEz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94498 ft
United Kingdom

I am having this problem aswell,recalibrating sticks fixies it 80% of the time,sometimes it takes 2 attempts.Regardless,when i switch off and back on i have to do it again,same error pops up stick error pops up..apart from recalbrating the sticks everytime i cant see another solution apart from a firmware update addressing it.either that or somethings faulty.very annoying,any ideas or solutions anyone ?
2021-3-17
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

When you receive the Controller Stick Error warning it means the controller (You) are flying badly and making to many errors in flight. Stay in Beginner or Novice mode until you get the feel of the drones flight control abilities. I hope this helps you out!
2021-3-17
Use props
PiEz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94498 ft
United Kingdom

Mike Mas Posted at 3-17 14:39
When you receive the Controller Stick Error warning it means the controller (You) are flying badly and making to many errors in flight. Stay in Beginner or Novice mode until you get the feel of the drones flight control abilities. I hope this helps you out!

Well i can fly it,i believe this is nonsense with all due respect.The stick error pops up after a recharge as soon as i switch it all on.
2021-3-19
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

"Quote"  When you receive the Controller Stick Error warning it means the controller (You) are flying badly and making to many errors in flight. Stay in Beginner or Novice mode until you get the feel of the drones flight control abilities. I hope this helps you out!

Hi Mike, Sorry I just saw this.  There is a lot of Bad inputs to the sticks for sure.  Getting old sucks.  I think this would have been more fun for us back in our hay day.  I hope you guys are doing great.  We would love to see you guys.

Wayne
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_n0arfixibvVs
New
United States

What I noticed is that right when you align the sticks to go into manual mode if you then move them really gently you won’t get the error. If you do slap it back in normal and try again. It seems you can’t go into manual mode and just go for it immediately. You gotta hesitate a few seconds.

If you don’t get the error almost immediately, you won’t get it.

A bug in my book.
2021-3-31
Use props
djiuser_kuhPujJgBSn6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3399163 ft
Switzerland

i get same message as well on my first manual mode flight. I was guessing maybe due to the fact i did not lock completely the F2 screw in back of the controller (yes the RC not me ;-)). But i don't think that is the reason.
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_4vc2UFruJTSh
New
Flight distance : 108038 ft
United States

I have the same stick error message but no problems flying the drone
2021-5-2
Use props
aem:kei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1101624 ft
Austria

Guys, I think this happens in acro when you let go one of the sticks while under tension, seems the controller cannot handle the bounce. I had the same and was a bit shocked the first time, but it doesn't seem to influence the flight, at least in my case.
2021-5-21
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

The controller has internal buttons to detect when the F2 screw has been tightened all the way. My theory is if this button isn't pressed, then the error message is produced. Here's a photo of these buttons.

There's a thread in the FPV forum (I think this thread is in the forum for the Air Units and similar hardware) which discusses this issue. Here's a link to the other thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=238125
2021-5-23
Use props
fans9bd004c9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4894157 ft
Spain

Same issues here. I cannot enter into manual mode and If I do so then it switches back to N.

In another similar thread, I have red that the aircraft can go out of manual mode if it detects that it has entered into restricted airspace, and I fly in an RC club close to an airport. Perhaps aircrafts flying in proximity of the airport detected by AirSense disable the manual mode? I have to disable Airsense when flying in the airclub and see if the problem persists.

I also have augmented the maximum ceiling to 200 meters. To avoid being too close to the limit below that is only of 100 meters, since being less than 40 meters of your ceiling might disable manual mode. I have to fly away from the airport to see if the Manual mode can be activated.

I can try to recalibrate the aircraft but I can fly with no issuees in N and S mode.

Any input will be of great help,

Thanks,

Oriol
2021-7-19
Use props
fans9bd004c9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4894157 ft
Spain

Problem solved, Duane Degn is right!

I tightened the throttle so that it can remain fixed, but the spring that recenters the stick was still acting. A waning message popped up on the goggles, when I switched to M, telling me to fix the spring that recenters the stick. Since I could fly in N and S mode and the controls felt fine I did not reallize that the spring tensioner was still active trying to recenter the stick throttle.

So you just have to do what the goggles say.

When the warning pops up, simply check status and it tells you to untight the recentering bolt. Do that until you reach the end so that the sensor confirms the spring is not active.

Happy flights everyone!

Oriol
2021-7-22
Use props
lucagirardi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 159403 ft
Switzerland

I had the same error showing up when turning to manual mode even with the drone on the ground. It was preventing to take off in manual mode, yet I could still fly in manual mode with no limitations but the error was there. Solved by calibrating the remote controller. Probably it lost the calibration as soon as I regulated the throttle stick to the manual mode configuraiton.
2022-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules