Use focus motor to control zoom?
6259 4 2021-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KabeM
lvl.2
Germany

I'm operating an RS2/Raveneye combo as a remote wirdlife camera, and would like to control the zoom of the lens with the focus motor.

It works fine from the hardware side to control the motor, however, ho do I tell the software that this is controlling the zoom and not the focus? Right now setting up the motor seems to disable the focus control.
2021-3-15
Use props
alefteri
lvl.1
Greece

Hello! Go to Dial functions and select Focus Motor. Then with the front Dial you will be able to control the focus motorthat will turn the Zoom  or the focus ring(depending where you connected it)
2021-3-24
Use props
KabeM
lvl.2
Germany

Maybe I wasn't clear enough here: I have no problems to control the motor with the front dial. My issue is that I would like to use that from the DJI Ronin app, which „sees“ the motor as a focus device, nt a zoom device.
2021-3-25
Use props
alefteri
lvl.1
Greece

KabeM Posted at 3-25 05:20
Maybe I wasn't clear enough here: I have no problems to control the motor with the front dial. My issue is that I would like to use that from the DJI Ronin app, which „sees“ the motor as a focus device, nt a zoom device.

when connected with the raveneye you can control the Zoom from the app for sure. It might say focus on the app but it actually controls the Zoom if the focus motor is connected on your zoom ring of the lens. You must enable the focus control (don't worry - it will control the zoom / they are called focus motos...)
to me it works fine
2021-3-26
Use props
djiuser_rbumeMucdHNH
New

Greece

alefteri Posted at 2021-3-26 04:24
when connected with the raveneye you can control the Zoom from the app for sure. It might say focus on the app but it actually controls the Zoom if the focus motor is connected on your zoom ring of the lens. You must enable the focus control (don't worry - it will control the zoom / they are called focus motos...)
to me it works fine

Do you know if it's possible to operate the focus motor of the DJI Ronin-S from inside the Android app? I would like to use it for slow smooth zooming.
2023-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules