We Request a Never added to Auto Power off For FW 1.11.00.20(7241)
3767 17 2021-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI We the members of your Product of the Osmo Action are Requesting for an Added Feature called Never to be enabled to the "Auto Power Off" We like for this to happen, this has been excluded since May of 2019, and has been asked over a number of times in the past months to a year or so.  Below are the support of all who want it, 1 person to request, but 1,00-10,000 or more shows the demand.

Request for Auto Power off to enable Never.

member of a DJI Osmo Action camera

Single SelectVote, Total 16 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-3-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hidden in the actual Mim App why this feature was not given, to conserve  internal space

2021-3-15
Use props
mygiguser
lvl.2
United States

i see how that would be helpful
2021-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Fishycomics. Good day and thank you for these information. This matter has been forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for evaluation. In addition I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. For the latest updates on DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2021-3-15
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

I want to add some explanation because I'd like this feature to be added.
Imagine this scenario, which is indeed the one most frequent for me:

I am in my car, my Osmo Action is placed between the front seats and I cannot see its screen, but I can access to the shutter button.
I need to record only short clips, but during long trips, longer than the battery duration (if constantly recording) for sure.
So what I do is to activate it by pressing the record button just when I need to record a clip (it switches on and starts a record), and to shut it off by pressing it again (it shuts-off, 5 seconds after the clip closure).

What is the issue in all of this?
The exposure!
Since, in order to avoid having the out-of the car image completely white, I need to manually set the metering spot, but as soon as the camera shuts it off, it loses this setting.
There are 3 ways to avoid that:
1-leaving the camera always recording, which is possible at the cost of draining the battery and filling the sd with useless clips
2-adding to the firmware a never value for auto power off, so I could leave it in stand by between a clip and another
3-adding to the firmware the possibility of saving, in custom profiles, along with the video mode, exposure compensation ecc ecc, also the metering spot setting

solution 2 or 3 would be the same to me and much appreciated.

2021-3-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI can not  write things down of all the detail:  The Examplegiven was, camera mounted out of reach,  camera on, and voice command.  once the camera times out,  you need to reapply,

1 Mimo App will and not  time out. leads to my next video about the voice command and mimo app.
2. No remote control
3 no wireless wake on at all, its record, snap a photo, switch screen, camera off, No  turn on

DJI now has  3 things to think ofof the one now offered, shows you how quickly we need a fix.
2021-3-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

As I work around the problem , for me its solved

2021-3-16
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

Yesterday I tried to keep voice commands on, but either way, this doesn't bypass the auto shut down issue.
The only way, as you showed, is to keep Mimo running, which for me is unfortunately not a good solution.
I still hope in a firmware update.
2021-3-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Correct that is the work around. reasons why DJI needs to work on this how hard in firmware is it to write in:

MD_Timeout=2                ;set Motion Detect Record time, 0:5s, 1:15s, 2:30s, 3:60s, 4:3Minutes, 5:5Minutes
pwn_auto_rec=0                ;set Auto Record with external power, 0: Off, 1: On
TV_Full_Screen=0        ;set Full Screen On/Off, 0: Off, 1: On
Sleep_Time=1                ;set auto-shutdown delay, 0: Off, 1: 30 sec, 2: 1 Min, 3:3 Min, 4: 5Min         

these are commands on a camera that can be done
2021-3-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

147 viewed the post 6 people   polled. 56   saw the video if watched, let alone voted  once.   Just shows the real importance of a product to a few.
2021-3-18
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

For me its nice to have no must to have
2021-3-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

9  voters,  by the end of this year we may be under 100 voters.. of 1 million cameras sold that is a fraction. not even worth a mention to dji.
2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_Vsm9ZcnnMy1a
New

United States

So do I have to leave the phone on and the app open the whole time to keep the camera from turning off, or is there a setting to set it to never auto off from the app?

Not gonna lie, if it turns off automatically that's a deal breaker for me and I'll probably just get a gopro.
2021-4-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Ask DJI,   DJI team are you here?????
2021-6-20
Use props
dacampora
New
United States

I also need Auto Power Off > Never.  I work in sports documentary and I sometimes need to rig cameras high in the lighting truss sometimes several hours or days before an event.  I need the camera to stay on, connected to AC power until I'm ready to record.  I can get close enough (within 20-30 feet) to trigger the record via wifi, but not close enough to physically touch the camera.  I can't figure out why the camera wouldn't be able to stay on indefinitely when connected to AC power.

Alternatively wake via Wifi could be an acceptable alternative but I imagine that would be considerably harder to code than just adding a Never option.
2022-11-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

we asked again soon

2022-11-16
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

--- DELETED ---Sorry, posted in the wrong thread.
2022-11-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

osmonauta Posted at 11-16 13:55
--- DELETED ---Sorry, posted in the wrong thread.

And yet now you see why people wanted it and DJI only listened and did not pull through, B/c those that wanted it never  really pushed hard. for it wait for my next video talking about the record button I asked that again   a  camera has and not DJI, and it now feels like its truly a budget camera do not get me wrong,  never hurts to ask
2022-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules