2358 7 2021-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amitesh Purwar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3888 ft
India

Hi,

I crashed my DJI mavic mini and brok the gimbal legs. I inspected it through local repair guy and he opened the drone by removing the battery and tried to glue legs carefully. After the initial repair was done by local guy, the gimbal was able to initially sync however could not retain power. So, when I tried to rotate camera through controller, I was not able to do it.

Note that the drone is flying normally without any issues. Video is transmitted and recorded fine. The issue is with camera rotation and gimbal stuck. The only error in the APP that I got is "gimbal stuck 40002"

Then, I sent the unit for repair to DJI official service center in Bangalore. They diagnosed that gimbal base, power regulator board and sensor board are to be replaced. Since this was a crash case, there is no warranty. They have asked for the approval of replacement of spare parts that cost around 60% of the new unit. Is this right diagnosis? I asked them how can power regulator board be damaged when drone is flying normally. He said that power regulator only regulates power to the gimbal and is shorted because of the drone was opened without discharging it fully. The drone was opened by removing the battery, still the repair guy said that static short can be there. I don't know whether he is making up in technical arguments..

Can anyone help whether this is right diagnosis?

Also, the DJI service center has not created the case number. They said the repair log will be available to you within 45 days. There is no update during repair.
2021-3-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Amitesh, I'm sorry to hear about your confusion. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account, the information has been sent to your PM, please check it and provide more information for better assistance. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.
2021-3-15
Use props
Amitesh Purwar
lvl.1
India

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-15 19:57
Hi Amitesh, I'm sorry to hear about your confusion. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account, the information has been sent to your PM, please check it and provide more information for better assistance. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi,

I have shared the information with you. Kindly help to close this pending item asap. This has been taking so long.
2021-3-16
Use props
Amitesh Purwar
lvl.1
India

Can anyone help in this issue? DJI service center costing it like they want to earn all money by repairing only my drone.
2021-3-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Amitesh Purwar Posted at 3-16 19:33
Hi,

I have shared the information with you. Kindly help to close this pending item asap. This has been taking so long.

Sorry for the delay, I had received your PM and reply, please check.
2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_2mmU19ZxFVLh
New

Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2021-3-15 19:57

how much does the repair cost "gimbal stuck"? is there anyone to answer???
2023-6-27
Use props
djiuser_2mmU19ZxFVLh
New

Greece

2023-6-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_2mmU19ZxFVLh Posted at 6-27 06:45

Hi, there. Thank you for bringing this up. The results of the assessment determine the cost of the repairs. Please visit our official website through this link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/pricing-inquiry to view the estimated price list for the accessories. Thank you.
2023-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules