Smart Controller and latex allergy
755 8 2021-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Major Buzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 635607 ft
United States

Hi. Newbie here. So far I'm really enjoying the drone experience, weather permitting. I've only gotten in about 7 hours of flight time using the DJI Smart Controller when I noticed that the palms of my hands were becoming uncomfortably sore. I thought that my hands were just not used to holding the SC, but I now realize that I'm having an allergic reaction similar to the reaction I get from latex products. Redness, itching, rash but no blisters. I won't be flying for the next few days due to poor weather conditions, so I am hoping the problem will go away as it has in the past. In the meantime, I'm going to purchase nitrile gloves to use with the SC.
2 Questions: Has anyone else experienced a similar reaction from using the SC? Will the SC screen touch sensitivity be affected if I'm wearing these gloves? There is no setting that I can find that allows me to increase the sensitivity as there is on my other Android devices. I'll just snip off the fingertips if necessary.
Any responses will be greatly appreciated!
2021-3-15
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

How about a silicone skin like this?

2021-3-15
Use props
Major Buzz
lvl.1
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 3-15 11:58
How about a silicone skin like this?

Thanks! I was unaware of that. I'll check it out.
2021-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Major Buzz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out there own experiences in using the DJI Smart Controller and what case they are using as well on the said DJI remote controller. Thank you.
2021-3-15
Use props
Major Buzz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-15 19:42
Hello there Major Buzz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out there own experiences in using the DJI Smart Controller and what case they are using as well on the said DJI remote controller. Thank you.

Hi DJI Stephen. Thanks for your reply. I have ordered a silicone cover and until I receive it, I'll use nitrile gloves. Not having used the controller for about 24 hours, my hands are already getting better. I spent almost 65 years without an allergy and this one appeared out of nowhere.
2021-3-15
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Let's hope the Smart Controller 2 has latex-free side grips
2021-3-16
Use props
Major Buzz
lvl.1
United States

Well, unfortunately, either the grips have latex in them or something else is causing the allergic reaction. Going on 2 days without handling the SC and my hands almost back to normal. When the weather clears up, I'll be wearing nitrile gloves until my silicone cover arrives.
2021-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Major Buzz Posted at 3-15 20:21
Hi DJI Stephen. Thanks for your reply. I have ordered a silicone cover and until I receive it, I'll use nitrile gloves. Not having used the controller for about 24 hours, my hands are already getting better. I spent almost 65 years without an allergy and this one appeared out of nowhere.

Hi there Major Buzz. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. It is great to know that you have already ordered a silicone cover for your DJI Smart Controller. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2021-3-16
Use props
Major Buzz
lvl.1
United States

I certainly will. Thanks!
2021-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules