Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi

I have a problem that Pocket 2 stops recording without saying anything. I have tried about 5 cards including 1 is on the suppordted list. Anyway 18C room temperature I recorded 6 minutes and it stopped recording. After that I got about 4 minutes and after that about 2 minutes and after that 2 mins. No errors or anything it just stops recording.

This problem started after I installed latest firmware. This is very annoying. Settings no matter. I first thought it happens when Handle connected but no it happens when no accessories and 24 fps 4k normal color all auto nothing special.

Pocket 2 also gets pretty hot even it is battery saver mode.

This is very fustrating.

All my cards can handle 4k cards are not the problem.
2021-3-15
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

Yes its very frustrating but it shuts down to prevent long term damage to the hardware.
Try this : shoot at 4K 60fps & keep the pocket 2 right close to the AC air flow so it doesn't get that hot now shoot as long as possible & see if it still quits then there could be card issue or hardware issue.
2021-3-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Ranjan Posted at 3-15 08:45
Yes its very frustrating but it shuts down to prevent long term damage to the hardware.
Try this : shoot at 4K 60fps & keep the pocket 2 right close to the AC air flow so it doesn't get that hot now shoot as long as possible & see if it still quits then there could be card issue or hardware issue.

Thanks. But before the latest firmware I recorded indoors over 50 minutes videos without any problems or too much heat using this same device. 18 C actually is low indoor temperature. Outdoor temperature is -5C at the moment. I will try outdoor too but seriously this cannot be outdoor camera only winter times..

Is generating LRF files causing this? Too much CPU power and heat? Are LRF files causing also problems with Face Tracking? Face Track works when not recording but when recording it is totally unusable. HowToGuy has video from that in his Youtube Channel. Video is called "Fimi Palm 2: Firmware 1130".

To be honest Pocket 2 has too much problem. I can swallow a lot but latest firmware is causing too much trouble.
And like I said have 5 cards and the problem is the same. All my cards are very good 4k cards for recording.
2021-3-15
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

I can very well understand your frustration I am in the same boat as you & to make matter worse I stay & have to shoot in much hotter environment, till now it has shut down 3 times while recording so thinking to keep it or return back. I hope Dji solves the problem sooner about these problems.   
2021-3-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Ranjan Posted at 3-15 09:02
I can very well understand your frustration I am in the same boat as you & to make matter worse I stay & have to shoot in much hotter environment, till now it has shut down 3 times while recording so thinking to keep it or return back. I hope Dji solves the problem sooner about these problems.

Yes.

I recorded hours using Pocket 1 without ANY overheating problems or sudden stops. Pocket 2 should do better than 1.

If DJI can't solve this I will send this device back to them.
2021-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Aavalaakso. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Pocket 2 I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-3-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-15 19:45
Hello there Aavalaakso. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Pocket 2 I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Thanks. I did that.

I also made some tests. I did RESET and formatted the SD card using DP2. I recorded without Handle 10 minutes and DP2 was not actually hot at all. I have a feeling that after updating to the latest firmware and then resetting the camera it became a bit more responsive and not heating like before. Nobody tells that you should or is suggested that you should reset the camera after firmware update. DJI support wanted me to send the camera to them but I had no problems before latest firmware. I will do some more tests now and if this is not overheating I will always reset the camera after the firmware upgrade.
2021-3-18
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

Aavalaakso Posted at 3-18 09:57
Thanks. I did that.

I also made some tests. I did RESET and formatted the SD card using DP2. I recorded without Handle 10 minutes and DP2 was not actually hot at all. I have a feeling that after updating to the latest firmware and then resetting the camera it became a bit more responsive and not heating like before. Nobody tells that you should or is suggested that you should reset the camera after firmware update. DJI support wanted me to send the camera to them but I had no problems before latest firmware. I will do some more tests now and if this is not overheating I will always reset the camera after the firmware upgrade.

Good to know its better now, never thought of resetting but yes this makes sense, on phone major FW updates I always factory reset to avoid problems.
2021-3-18
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Ranjan Posted at 3-18 20:37
Good to know its better now, never thought of resetting but yes this makes sense, on phone major FW updates I always factory reset to avoid problems.

I'm IT professional and still I forget the most simplest ways to fix problems. Reboot, reset, try again.

The shoemaker's son has no shoes.
2021-3-19
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Forget it.

I tried to do 1 hour vlog while 2 hour trip. 4k/24 face track + handle + wireless mic. (This device is made for this use) I first made just two short recordings 1-2 mins. When I started my 1 hour story it stopped recording after 6-8 mins and it also broke latest recording except first 1,40 minutes of video. And the whole device is very very hot,

Gonna contact support again and send this device back.
2021-3-19
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Ranjan Posted at 3-18 20:37
Good to know its better now, never thought of resetting but yes this makes sense, on phone major FW updates I always factory reset to avoid problems.

After diagnostics Main board of the Pocket 2 will be replaced. So it was faulty device.

Pocket 2 is a video camera. It should keep recording even if the world ends in normal situations.
2021-4-8
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

Aavalaakso Posted at 4-8 06:14
After diagnostics Main board of the Pocket 2 will be replaced. So it was faulty device.

Pocket 2 is a video camera. It should keep recording even if the world ends in normal situations.

Glad to know your problem is understood & getting sorted out. Looking forward to see some awesome footage from your pocket 2 post repair.
2021-4-8
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

After one month I got my Pocket 2 from DJI Service. I inserted Kingston Canvas React 256Gt UHS-I U3 V30 A2 which is made for 4k (also tried 64 version), formatted it and recorded. After 9 minutes it stopped recording without saying anything. I had no Handle only Stick attached. 4k/24fps battery quality.

These SD cards are made for 4k and record hours using Pocket 1.

Can you DJI confirm that all Kingston cards are incompatible with Pocket 2? This card specially was sold as an "excellent for DJI Pocket 2" when I bought it. I tried 4 different Kingston cards that I mainly use for 4k recordings and all just stops recording after a while and Pocket 2 is not saying anything, no errors. All my other devices even Pocket 1 can record with these cards hours continuously.

I give up.. Just spending like 1000 € for accessories makes me.. actually sad. I have to keep using Pocket 1.
Edit: found my 64gb Sandisk Extreme V30 U3 A2 card (which is on the supported cards list) and gonna try it too.
Edit 2:
OK I did some own investication.

First: My first Pocket 2 was defective. This new model is not heating at all like earlier did.
Second: After latest version Kingston 4k cards stopped working using Pocket 2. Kingston cards eventually stops recording without saying anything. This started with latest firmware version because I have over 20 minutes videos before latest version. So problem with Kingston cards started when those LRF files came around.
Thirdly: I switched to the 64gb Sandisk Extreme V30 U3 A2 and Pocket 2 been now recording over 28 minutes and it is still records. So with the latest firmware you cannot use Kingston cards even those are made for 4k.

So it was never the heat that stopped recording. My first Pocket 2 was anyway defective plus this card problem is another new thing.

DJI: Please test your devices with Kingston cards. Kingston is known making excellent memory cards and modules.
edit 4: after 46 minutes still recording. Have to buy Sandisk 128/256 cards just because this $.o

2021-4-19
Use props
djiuser_SCBuC9uavjDT
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem. Pocket 2 would record and shut down after about 3-5 minutes. Had the suggested sd card. Then I thought about maybe resetting the p2. Google came up with this video... "How to reset Pocket 2"  (dpi video) did that, formatted the sd card and that fixed the problem. I started recording and so far I'm up to 30+ minutes recording. So that seems to work.
2021-7-28
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

djiuser_SCBuC9uavjDT Posted at 7-28 07:49
I had the same problem. Pocket 2 would record and shut down after about 3-5 minutes. Had the suggested sd card. Then I thought about maybe resetting the p2. Google came up with this video... "How to reset Pocket 2"  (dpi video) did that, formatted the sd card and that fixed the problem. I started recording and so far I'm up to 30+ minutes recording. So that seems to work.

Thanks for this information.

I did reset those days Pocket 2 but Kingston cards are still not working.

I have now three Sandisk Extreme U3 cards 64, 128 and 256 and Pocket 2 works with those.
2021-7-28
Use props
SAM
New
Flight distance : 11309 ft
India

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a new Osmo Pocket 2 from Amazon India and have the same issue..... I have read all the responses above, tried all the suggested t/s steps, within my reach...still no luck....the camera still heats up very much and stops recording....resulting in me recording my vlog in small little clips, as per the script and needless to say "lots of frustration".

I am using a SanDisk Ultra 64gb XC1 Class 10 Card (see attached pic pls), which works fine on my GoPro Hero 7 Black, even in 4k 60...but here on the OP2, I donno whether it's the card which is triggering all these issue. as upon power-on, it does show a 'SLOW CARD SPEED" message. While anyone of you suggest something, I would try a higher capacity memory card in between and observe.

FIRMWARE is all up-to-date.

Thanks & regards
Sam

2021-10-2
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

SAM@AIR23 Posted at 10-2 00:33
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a new Osmo Pocket 2 from Amazon India and have the same issue..... I have read all the responses above, tried all the suggested t/s steps, within my reach...still no luck....the camera still heats up very much and stops recording....resulting in me recording my vlog in small little clips, as per the script and needless to say "lots of frustration".

'SLOW CARD SPEED" message is coming bcoz you are using slower card, better buy a SanDisk Extreme uSD,160MB/s R, 90MB/s

Pocket 2 shoots at 100mbps in 4K 60 hence you need faster card than the Ultra version you have.

Heat is indeed a problem & you can only shoot continuous if you are living a cold country, In India thats only possible in winter months.
2021-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules