Airsense details please.
1490 9 2021-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ninja63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 359478 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone answer a couple of questions on the airsense feature please.
firstly at what separation distance does it casue an alert on each of the sensitivity settings ,ie at what hight/distance from the dsrone will it trigger an alert.
2021-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Airsense is not currently available outside the USA,  even if your drone physically has it, it will detect location and disable the feature.
2021-3-15
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Airsense is a DJI branded name for the standardized aviation protocol called Automatic Dependent Surveillance–Broadcast (ADS-B).

ADS-B distances are based on the signal strength of the transmitter which should have a standardized frequency and wattage output.  The hight and distance of the signals viability can vary greatly due to terrain and and atmospheric conditions.  But in general, from personal experience, the range is around 5-7 miles when an aircraft is at a significant altitude.

Only in North America has the ADS-B protocol widely been widely mandated and implemented.  The biggest issue with the effectiveness of ADS-B is the low level of adoption in other countries and the mandatory implementation  being delayed for non commercial aircraft.  Here is EU https://ads-b-europe.euwebsite for ADS-B implementation.  Although, the United Kingdom is no longer a member of the EU this information may be helpful starting point to better understand the mandate and adoption of ADS-B.

One of the nuances of ADS-B is that it transmitter to receiver based and does not use ground station repeaters.  I had an incident flying on the coastline in San Diego.  A low flying aircraft was flying at about 250ft altitude about 400ft from coast.  The signal was obstructed by the coastline mountains.  By the time the aircraft came round the coastline and the signal was no longer obstructed by terrain the aircraft was within a few thousand feet of my drone.   An emergency warning popped up about 5 seconds before the aircraft was a my drones location.  This was enough time to descend from 150ft to 35ft to clear the airspace.

When I last checked the Mavic Air 2 sold outside North America was not equipped with an Airsense reciever.
2021-3-15
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-15 08:48
Airsense is not currently available outside the USA,  even if your drone physically has it, it will detect location and disable the feature.

Sorry its not for me its for my brother who lives in florida serving in the royal air force.
2021-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ninja63 Posted at 3-15 09:08
Sorry its not for me its for my brother who lives in florida serving in the royal air force.

No probs,  I saw your other post.
2021-3-15
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-15 09:29
No probs,  I saw your other post.

yeah sorry ive no idea what happened there i need to delete the duplicate but i dont know how.
2021-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ninja63 Posted at 3-15 09:37
yeah sorry ive no idea what happened there i need to delete the duplicate but i dont know how.

You cant delete a post,  only edit it.
2021-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ninja63. Good day and thank you for these information you have given on this matter. In addition to this the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ). Thank you.
2021-3-15
Use props
djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6634721 ft
United States

Ninja63 Posted at 2021-3-15 09:08

The Royal Air Force? In Florida, United States of America? I believe you're mixed up on the details.
2023-8-26
Use props
Astraphobiker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69501 ft
United States

Hi,
Could someone clarify why airsense is deactivated outside of the US? I have a MA2 and the function has worked perfectly in the US, but I have moved to Germany now and can’t find any setting regarding AirSense. Is this kind of feature not allowed in Germany or why is it deactivated?
2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules