Automatic switching between FPS, without notifying me
399 8 2021-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoePsysky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22861 ft
Bulgaria

Guys, I'm flying Mavic 2 Zoom, which I recently bought. My problem is this - I go and shoot through 2 batteries and then come home happy with what I have - through all the flight I have shot in 4k / 30fps. I start editing them all into one video and it turns out that out of my 10 videos, one or two have been shot in random other FPS - one time 25, one time 27 without ever notifying me. Not only this, but some of them are very stuttering (not sure if the correct word, it is not smooth, random places are like buffering, interrupt the flow of the video and show only still image then resume, sturrer again, and so on). It is extremely annoying and it scraps a lot of my material, rendering it unsudable and completely hindes my work.
Has anyone experienced something like this, what causes it. I'll try to monitor if in case the drone is shooting in less than 30 fps it is actually displayed on the screen so I can stop recording and make sure it records in 30 fps, but at this point I'm not even sure if it does display that or it happens all without any indication (like it shows 30 fps, but actually records 24 for example and Find out only when I'm home).

Hope I can get some insight. Thank you!
2021-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried using the internal storage or a different SD card to rule out your current card.
2021-3-15
Use props
JoePsysky
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DAFlys Posted at 3-15 08:52
Have you tried using the internal storage or a different SD card to rule out your current card.

Thank you for the reply - I haven't but It is a standard high speed SD card that I have used with my previous drone as well. There is a lot of perfect footage that I have, the problem is the inconsistency about 20% of the footage is just shot in a different fps and stutters. Could a problem with the SD card cause something that dramatic, without displaying any warnings or errors?
2021-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JoePsysky Posted at 3-15 08:57
Thank you for the reply - I haven't but It is a standard high speed SD card that I have used with my previous drone as well. There is a lot of perfect footage that I have, the problem is the inconsistency about 20% of the footage is just shot in a different fps and stutters. Could a problem with the SD card cause something that dramatic, without displaying any warnings or errors?

SD cards do have a tendency to fail,  might be worth a test or at least format the card.
2021-3-15
Use props
JoePsysky
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DAFlys Posted at 3-15 09:30
SD cards do have a tendency to fail,  might be worth a test or at least format the card.

I'll try to format it. Unfortunately won't be able to test as whole week its thunderstorms and rain over here. Thanks for the suggestion. Let's see if anyone has experienced such thing in the past and have resolved it until I am able to rule out SD card failure.
2021-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JoePsysky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For reference I will post the supported SD card for the DJI Mavic 2 Series. Thank you.

2021-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JoePsysky Posted at 3-15 11:05
I'll try to format it. Unfortunately won't be able to test as whole week its thunderstorms and rain over here. Thanks for the suggestion. Let's see if anyone has experienced such thing in the past and have resolved it until I am able to rule out SD card failure.

Dont forget you also have 8gb of internal storage you could use to rule out the SD card.
2021-3-16
Use props
JoePsysky
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DAFlys Posted at 3-16 00:27
Dont forget you also have 8gb of internal storage you could use to rule out the SD card.

Thanks guys, I formatted the card and the latest videos I captured seem to be working fine. I had a different problem but I will post in a different thread
2021-3-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JoePsysky Posted at 3-28 02:29
Thanks guys, I formatted the card and the latest videos I captured seem to be working fine. I had a different problem but I will post in a different thread

Excellent news
2021-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules