3602 24 2021-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

[MAVIC AIR 2S RUMORS]
Rumours on twitter indicate the imminent arrival of a Mavic Air 2 with a larger sensor, additional obstacle detections, all on the model of the existing Air 2.
To follow...
Sources: https://twitter.com/konrad_it and https://twitter.com/OsitaLV
2021-3-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

this morning i saw the entry on the "fcc feed" myself and i had no idea what to make of it because i couldn't believe there would be an air2 successor so quickly.  depending on what this really turns out to be, i don't really know what to say about this.  
2021-3-15
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-15 11:21
this morning i saw the entry on the "fcc feed" myself and i had no idea what to make of it because i couldn't believe there would be an air2 successor so quickly.  depending on what this really turns out to be, i don't really know what to say about this.

Kind of a pointless post here and elsewhere.
I would say sit back and wait for official news.
Leave the rumors to the rumor sites.
2021-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there VanzPix. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and with regard to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2021-3-15
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

TP-FPV Posted at 3-15 15:26
Kind of a pointless post here and elsewhere.
I would say sit back and wait for official news.
Leave the rumors to the rumor sites.
the rumors are true for the Mini 2 so why not for the MA2S
2021-3-15
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

The Saint Posted at 3-15 11:21
this morning i saw the entry on the "fcc feed" myself and i had no idea what to make of it because i couldn't believe there would be an air2 successor so quickly.  depending on what this really turns out to be, i don't really know what to say about this.

There was the mini 2 that quickly replaced the Mavic Mini so nothing surprises me with DJI
2021-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This could be the one that adds ADSB Airsense for all the regions.
2021-3-16
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

for me the S letter always has been used for SPORT ..... don't you think so ?
2021-3-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have seen those too!
2021-3-16
Use props
JulianQwerty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75423 ft
Netherlands

SuperWinnieperruna Posted at 3-16 04:47
for me the S letter always has been used for SPORT ..... don't you think so ?

I feel like its alwasy been used as in "slim" so maybe a smaller version idk, we'll see
2021-3-17
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

JulianQwerty Posted at 3-17 05:07
I feel like its alwasy been used as in "slim" so maybe a smaller version idk, we'll see

I would more expect the S is for stripped in weight, so that it will be below 500 grams, like they did with the Mini 2.
2021-3-17
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

MySky Posted at 3-17 09:35
I would more expect the S is for stripped in weight, so that it will be below 500 grams, like they did with the Mini 2.

I don't think that it is possible to save that much weight easily... and TBH DJI don't care for EU custommers (Airsence) to mess with 500g limit.
2021-3-18
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

virtual Posted at 3-18 01:44
I don't think that it is possible to save that much weight easily... and TBH DJI don't care for EU custommers (Airsence) to mess with 500g limit.

Yeah AIRSENSE was a bloody joke. Paid for the technology in my drone (3W model) but cant use it because of DJI' flip flopping! Will be more careful on next purchase.
2021-3-18
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

PAYBACK Posted at 3-18 03:12
Yeah AIRSENSE was a bloody joke. Paid for the technology in my drone (3W model) but cant use it because of DJI' flip flopping! Will be more careful on next purchase.

True (I have 3W as well) and You wrote that Airsence is mandatory in Your country, which is even more incomprehensible (to turn off this feature)...
2021-3-18
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

MySky Posted at 3-17 09:35

on this case,what's sense to sell Mini 2 ??
2021-3-18
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

No major firmware updates since September 2020 !!!
Their only concern is the mini 2 !!!
Now they need our money and are looking for idiots
2021-3-18
Use props
Brazilwill
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2551093 ft
United States

Well I have been seeing everyone on Facebook posting about this, and have found this to be the only link... hopefully someone can post info on the DJI facebook page.
2021-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think we will see Air2S soon, but for it to be a hit it probably needs to be with 1” sensor. Mavic Air2 is a great craft with exceptional 4k 60fps very usable HDR , Photos and low light are its weak spot , although acceptable for the sensor they fall behind M2Pro. I’m hoping it has 1” sensor , if it does I will change, for travel its exceptional has a very small footprint and is quite low noise, so looking forward to announcement and I also think later we will see Mavic 3pro . “Summer has Landed”
2021-3-18
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Hope DJI does not make my relatively new MA2 obsolete so soon.
2021-3-18
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

DIY_Quad Posted at 3-18 23:12
Hope DJI does not make my relatively new MA2 obsolete so soon.

If you have a look at the DJI mini's, this can happen. But the improvement could not be that big, except a bigger camera sensor or additional OA sensors. So nothing to worry about.
2021-3-19
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

MySky Posted at 3-19 09:41
If you have a look at the DJI mini's, this can happen. But the improvement could not be that big, except a bigger camera sensor or additional OA sensors. So nothing to worry about.

bigger camera sensor or additional OA sensors.
Those are exactly the 2 things I'd wished on my MA2!
2021-3-19
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My guess - New Sensor from the POcket 2, the IMX 686 1/1.7 64mp (16mp native).  Possibly top OA sensors and even more remotely possible the first C1 or C2 class drone for thse of us under the new EASA regs.  Airsense would be nice but for the UK barely any of the aircraft that would sneak up on you sub 400ft boradcast ADS-B anyway.  Military Helicopters and Jets don't neither do NPRAS Helicopters.
2021-3-20
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

Andy Uk Posted at 3-20 07:56
My guess - New Sensor from the POcket 2, the IMX 686 1/1.7 64mp (16mp native).  Possibly top OA sensors and even more remotely possible the first C1 or C2 class drone for thse of us under the new EASA regs.  Airsense would be nice but for the UK barely any of the aircraft that would sneak up on you sub 400ft boradcast ADS-B anyway.  Military Helicopters and Jets don't neither do NPRAS Helicopters.

Andy, the fact that you don´t see the helis and jets on the free websites which show aircraft on a map doesn´t mean that they don´t broadcast. They´re just filtered out.
2021-4-7
Use props
emly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183517 ft
Canada

adsbexchange doesn't do the same level of filtering flightaware does, but also if you run your own receiver (piaware,etc) you can generally see everything. Granted, I don't know if there is also a degree of filtering there as well, so maybe your best bet to see everything is to run your own SDR+decoder...

And there will still be certain types of aircraft that won't send adsb
2021-4-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

emly Posted at 4-7 12:31
adsbexchange doesn't do the same level of filtering flightaware does, but also if you run your own receiver (piaware,etc) you can generally see everything. Granted, I don't know if there is also a degree of filtering there as well, so maybe your best bet to see everything is to run your own SDR+decoder...

And there will still be certain types of aircraft that won't send adsb

ADSB has less than 50% usage or take up by small manned aircraft, as it stands now its a gimmick nothing else, Remote ID will be of more use to manned aircraft including ATC than ADSB unless you are deaf or blind you will see or hear a manned aircraft at 120 m altitude from 10 miles and further. The safest thing here is manned aircraft being aware that a drone may be flying in airspace they may be using, IE SAR Emergency and such, it may develop but for now its no real help.
2021-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules