1396 8 2021-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I was flying my Phantom 4 Pro yesterday at a wakeboard contest and at one point I flew through a bit of spray when one of the riders fell. Got the drone fairly wet, so I brought it back, dried it off pretty good with a towel, switched batteries, and when I turned it back on the gimbal did its little start up thing, but it only moved up and down and the Yaw and Roll didnt seem to do anything. My guess is that maybe some water got into the cotrol board for the Yaw/Roll motor (the small one directly on the back of the Yaw arm) and possibly shorted something. A friend of mine had something very similar happen to him, and I am wondering if it could be a simple fix as just replacing that board. I bought my Phantom used, so it has no warranty or Dji Care, and I'd rather not send it into Dji and have them charge me an arm and a leg just to diagnose and repair it if I can figure it out and do it myself. So I'm wondering if anyone has had this same issue and figured out exactly what needs to be fixed/replaced. The drone still flys perfectly fine and the camera still has a good video feed, just seems that the Yaw/Roll doesnt have any power. Any help is always appreciated.

Here is a short video of what it is currently doing.

2021-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mr Smith. I am sorry to read and to know about your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to the said DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said issue to avoid further damaging the said unit. Thank you.
2021-3-15
Use props
Amitesh Purwar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3888 ft
India

Hi,Have you got this diagnosed?
2021-3-17
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Amitesh Purwar Posted at 3-17 03:03
Hi,Have you got this diagnosed?

Not yet, but I just ordered the Roll Yaw ESC chip and gonna give that a try.. coming from China though, so won’t be here until mid April :/ easy to replace, just 4 hex screws and 3 ribbon cables, so hopefully that will solve the issue.
8295C5F3-44F9-45CD-9E45-8A98D58F34F0.jpeg
2021-3-17
Use props
Amitesh Purwar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3888 ft
India

Mr Smith Posted at 3-17 06:32
Not yet, but I just ordered the Roll Yaw ESC chip and gonna give that a try.. coming from China though, so won’t be here until mid April :/ easy to replace, just 4 hex screws and 3 ribbon cables, so hopefully that will solve the issue.

I had the same issue with Mavic Mini. The drone was flying normally plus there was initial gimbal sync done correctly. My mini crashed and few gimbal legs were broken . So, had send to the local DJI service center in India. The service center did not create a case and diagnosed to replace power regulator board, sensor board and gimbal case for gimbal stuck error. That is costing around 60% of the new unit.

Such scam is ongoing. No repair only replacement and that too of items that were wroking fine earlier. No one to listen to from DJI. Let me know if you get things done for you. Will give a try.
2021-3-17
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Amitesh Purwar Posted at 3-17 08:32
I had the same issue with Mavic Mini. The drone was flying normally plus there was initial gimbal sync done correctly. My mini crashed and few gimbal legs were broken . So, had send to the local DJI service center in India. The service center did not create a case and diagnosed to replace power regulator board, sensor board and gimbal case for gimbal stuck error. That is costing around 60% of the new unit.

Such scam is ongoing. No repair only replacement and that too of items that were wroking fine earlier. No one to listen to from DJI. Let me know if you get things done for you. Will give a try.

Sorry to hear that.. it is not fun dealing with huge companies that have sub par customer service. Mine is well out of warranty, and I would have never had any warranty anyway since I bought it used, so I’ll just do the best I can with my own knowledge and experience. I’ll definitely reply and let you know if I am able to get it fixed.
2021-3-17
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I did the same .... and the new ESC not solved my problem ( horizon tilts) , gOOD LUCK
2021-3-17
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

if is not a ESC  Problem , maybe is this part :

160736072_large.jpg
2021-3-17
Use props
Mike Sha
lvl.2

Canada

Amitesh Purwar Posted at 3-17 08:32

Such scam is ongoing. No repair only replacement and that too of items that were wroking fine earlier. No one to listen to from DJI. Let me know if you get things done for you. Will give a try.

This sounds like GLI new Canada repair facility.  $1200. to replace gimbal and ribbon cable.  I did it for under $ 300.  Had to wait for parts from China but for that kind of difference I can wait.  Wasn't that hard to do either.   
2021-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules