DJI Mini 2 SDK support
6890 21 2021-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Youssef El Moumni
New

Estonia

Hi, I just bought the Mini 2 to use with a VR app that my company makes (we do real-time 3D for any video feed, including drones, contact me if you want more info), and we had the bad surprise of discovering that the mobile SDK doesn't support the Mini 2. So this is another request to release the support for the Mini 2, it's by far going to be the most purchased consumer drone (and you probably have internal numbers about that), and SDK support for it is absolutely critical!

Looking at the Mavic Air 2 and how it took almost a year to release the support for it on your SDK, please don't do the same thing for the Mini 2... I know it was also probably due to the covid situation that it took so long to release, so can't blame you much there, but I see that it's looking to be released around Q2, so we'll stay hopeful and trust your team to deliver!

2021-3-16
Use props
fans93553d69
New

Hong Kong

Thanks for the info.
2021-3-18
Use props
fans93553d69
New

Hong Kong

Thanks for the info.

2021-3-30
Use props
AG7GK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54065 ft
United States

It looks like there are at least FOUR threads about this on the forum and yet I don't see a response from someone at DJI - according to this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 9162&extra=page%3D1   -- the DJI support team said there are NO plans

On this thread it said there would be a release in Q2 as well:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 4884&extra=page%3D1
All four threads:
DJI Mini 2 API support?
MSDK on Mini 2
SDK for mini 2
DJI Mini 2 SDK support

I agree with the dissatisfaction everyone has stated on this forum.  I didn't pay attention to the fine details when buying this as comparable products, including the predecessor mavic mini, all had API type support for third party applications, follow me, gps navigation etc.  So I was surprised that the product that replaced a predecessor with better video quality, battery life, and other capabilities lost a significant level of its value.  I would have not purchased it and should have returned it, now I have something I'm dissatisfied with and will not recommend to friends despite it's other great qualities.  
2021-4-12
Use props
Antonio Vachev
New

Bulgaria

I made my account here just to confirm that I am also waiting for the SDK to be released so I can purchase the mini 2. This is a game changer for what we are trying to achieve in my company with the mini 2 and it will add huge value to the drone. ASAP please thanks <3
2021-4-17
Use props
stevewolfe555
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1249439 ft
United Kingdom

it's a real shame they release these products without a way to use them with SDK.

I sold my mini to upgrade to the mini 2 but haven't been able to use it at all for what i wanted it for.

They should state on the sales page that there is not SDK. On top of that i bought the P4 v2 with screen and this is another drone that cant be used with an sdk because of the controller.
2021-5-4
Use props
Sharaabi
New

India

Every One is waiting for SDK and it seems DJI is loosing the trust now. This way people will shift to other Manufacturers and DJI will loose many of the customers. People want MINI 2 because of 250grams restrictions in most of countries.
DJI you are loosing the trust.
Better come with SDK ASAP.
Some time you need to do things for greater Good.
People will buy your drones as they will be assured that  you will give them opportunity to use your drones full potential with 3rd party apps which is not possible without SDK.
WAKEUP DJI, People need SDK ASAP for DJI MINI 2
2021-5-19
Use props
ritzeng
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253743 ft
Switzerland

Some are discussing about Mini 3. I bought the Mini 2 it as a follower of my Mavic Mini. I have assumed that the SDK is available. I fly still the Mavic Mini with Dronelink and Litchi because of this reason about 80% and only 20% the Mini 2. I think a serious company announces it in the Technical Data or is able to deliver the next months. But still more than ½ year is nothing provided. I please DJI to make a statement with which I / we can calculate. The consequence is that I sell my Mini 2 and continue with the Mavic Mini unless something comes out with the SDK and < 250g
2021-5-20
Use props
leoxpc_drone
New

Brazil

I am disappointed with DJI, I do not understand why the SDK for Mini 2 has not yet been made available. If I knew about this delay I would have bought a Drone from another manufacturer.
2021-5-25
Use props
djiuser_kN2awAOXFMQE
New
Germany

I just added my account for this comment too. Its frustating.
Hopefully this damn sdk will come soon... ive been waiting for a long time now!
2021-5-25
Use props
SntNick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86591 ft
Israel

Same here, waiting for SDK to buy DJI drone. And I will opt for other brand as soon as there is one with SDK and under 250gr.
2021-6-16
Use props
Stainsey
New

Canada

Had to go with this model because it was under 250gr. I like many of you decided on the MINI2 for the better camera, battery... etc.
It wasn't mentioned ANYWHERE that it doesn't support waypoint flight. Even the older model supports waypoint flight. This thing is useless.
Bought this for work, my company was looking at buying dozens for the entire fleet. Not anymore.

This is disgusting how DJI is treating their customers here. 4 threads, NO ANSWERS. Its Q2 where the hell is the SDK for MINI2?
You had better believe I'm telling everyone i know about this horrible experience.
2021-7-21
Use props
gukan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111539 ft
Spain

Anything known about the SDK? The dji mini 2 loses a lot of potential. We will have to look for other options.
2021-8-4
Use props
DekiRa
lvl.1

Malaysia

same disappointment here. i still waiting for these mavic mini 2 and mavic 2s air's sdk. need their full productivities. i hope other manufacturers see this as business opportunities and would not let us keep waiting in disappointment.
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_nCFprpoPEgcy
New

Brazil

Que bacilão DJI, o mejor dicho que bobera, or try best smartless dudes, waiting too... your peace of bosta.
2021-8-31
Use props
fans1a759848
lvl.2

Ireland

I was just told that mini 2 will be supported in MSDK 4.16, hopefully this month.

I'm assuming though that waypoints won't be supported due to the lack of avoidance sensors.

2021-9-2
Use props
kbrosni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1008586 ft
United States

fans1a759848 Posted at 9-2 01:22
I was just told that mini 2 will be supported in MSDK 4.16, hopefully this month.

I'm assuming though that waypoints won't be supported due to the lack of avoidance sensors.

Patiently waiting....    Y'all see that Litchi app?

2021-10-29
Use props
CriticalBen
lvl.1

Belgium

Following...
2021-11-15
Use props
CriticalBen
lvl.1

Belgium

2021-11-16
Use props
nicdain
lvl.2
Italy

very disappointing...
2021-11-16
Use props
djiuser_nUCVagN8CWhF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5112 ft

United States

2021-12-26
Use props
djiuser_nUCVagN8CWhF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5112 ft

United States

Last year I was waiting tensely for the Mavic Mini 1 SDK to be released and I was anxious because it took forever. I ended up trading my Mini 1 for a Mini 2 not long after the SDK for Mini 1 was released.
Now, I think I will hang on to my Mini 2 to see what Developers will produce. I think that 3d parties who developed software for Mini 1 will be able to be first out with Mini 2 offerings and they will be out fairly quickly. I am particularly interested in the 3D modeling of buildings on the ground as well as topography.
2021-12-26
Use props
djiuser_22l4zEIVGN88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 648209 ft
United States

leoxpc_drone Posted at 5-25 11:49
I am disappointed with DJI, I do not understand why the SDK for Mini 2 has not yet been made available. If I knew about this delay I would have bought a Drone from another manufacturer.

The autel Evo nano is looking better and better especially having the object avoidance
2021-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules