RS2 focus motor MORE NOISE IN EVERY FIRMWARE UPDATE
3283 5 2021-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alefteri
lvl.1
Greece

The focus motor of my Ronin RS2 is making a loud noise and vibrates.
The noise is that loud that my microphones (RodeVideomicro & NTG4+) picks the noise, no matter where I place them in the room!
It vibrates and makes 2 different sounds in parallel. Even with the focus motor not attached to the lens, it makes the same noise!
1)Loud noise while the motor is turning
2)Constant weird scratching sound like an old "radio" (seems like the electronic connections inside are not well connected) that is in followed by vibrations. This sound continues even after I stop  turning the dial to control the focus motor.

I also own the RC pro Combo kit.  The almost not existing noise of SC motor of SC pro combo kit can't be compared with the Loud noise of RS2 focus motor and vibration.

I also tried to put both of them on RS2, using the 2 channel Focus Motor  MODE on the RS2, as described in the manual.
message: inconsistent firmware version detected. I confirmed. It updated succesfully!

As I expected the SC motor controlled Silently by the Wheel on the RS2, while the new RS2 motor controlled by front dial, was very noisy.

I restarted the RS2 and it appeared again the same message: inconsistent firmware version detected. I confirmed Again. It finished again succesfully.
But now both where making the same loud noise!!!

I returned my SC motor with the wheel back to the SC gimbal. Noise on the SC gimbal for the first time! My SC Became noisy and vibrating like RS2!
I downgraded my SC to an older firmware and the motor was Cured!!!! No sound. SC NORMAL AS I KNEW IT.

I downgraded many times my RS2 and with every downgrade the noise was a bit less

THE OLD FIRMWARE v01.02.00.10 REDUCES THE NOISE A LOT. I found this the only usable firmware version for this problem!
BUT ITS A VERY OLD VERSION WITH LESS FEATURES...

I UPTATED again to the latest firmware and the problem returned!
I made many tests and I found that in my case...

UPDATING FIRMWARE - More Features,  MORE NOISE, MORE VIBRATION
DOWNGRADING FIRMWARE - Less features , a bit Less noise ( V01.02.00.10 A LOT LESS Noise )

IS THAT HAPPENING TO ALL RS2 GIMBALS ? IS IT A KNOWN PROBLEM?
I don't believe DJI would let firmware versions to get things worse.
Is my it only my RS2 having this problem?

Please help!

2021-3-16
Use props
MagK
New

Canada

I am having the same problem using it on my rsc-2. I updated my firmware and after having the gimbal for a couple weeks finally began using the follow focus today. Just like you there's two sounds. There's the louder one when actually adjusting and the other sound that lasts 5-10 seconds after I finish adjusting. It's loud enough that all of my on camera microphones pick it up clearly and even a wireless mic placed a few feet away still picked it up on the lowest gain setting. I really want to use the follow focus but with this much noise its almost unusable. Any help would be great.
2021-3-16
Use props
alefteri
lvl.1
Greece

MagK Posted at 3-16 18:50
I am having the same problem using it on my rsc-2. I updated my firmware and after having the gimbal for a couple weeks finally began using the follow focus today. Just like you there's two sounds. There's the louder one when actually adjusting and the other sound that lasts 5-10 seconds after I finish adjusting. It's loud enough that all of my on camera microphones pick it up clearly and even a wireless mic placed a few feet away still picked it up on the lowest gain setting. I really want to use the follow focus but with this much noise its almost unusable. Any help would be great.

I FOUND A SOLUTION(WithWarning Message) UNTIL    DJI   FIXES THIS ISSUE!!!!

DOWNGRADE YOUR FOCUS MOTOR ONLY
UPGRATE EVERYTHING ELSE

INSTRUCTIONS

CONNECT THE FOCUS MOTOR ON THE GIMBAL WITH THE CABLE
DOWNGRADE FIRMWARE to Version  01.02.00.10

AFTER THE DOWNGRADE YOU WILL HAVE ALMOST NO NOISE AT ALL!
BUT ALSO MANY LESS FEATURES...ON YOUR GIMBAL

SO...

DISSCONNECT the Focus Motor cable.  You can leave it on the Gimbal (in order not to rebalance)
UPGRADE to the latest firmware version.

When it finishes you have the silent firmware for your focus motor and the latest features for gimbal
BUT you will get a Warning message every time you turn on the gimbal.
The message will say that it detects Inconsistent Firmware and it will ask you to Update your  Firmware  

PRESS CANCEL

To bypass the message
turn on the gimbal first and connect the usb cable of the motor after.

THIS WORKED ON MY RS2 (with RONIN S FOCUS MOTOR & WITH WHEEL + SC FOCUS MOTOR)
2021-3-21
Use props
Cine Services
New

Latvia

The same problem here!
2021-4-19
Use props
Paul Fiedorczuk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773596 ft
Poland

Also get this same problem.
I downgraded focus motor firmware and keeped latest on RS2, it looks like it is much more quiter and more fluid - no jumps when operating. But no Manual focus points avalible to set, motor starts spining all the time after seting start or end point, and need to disable or restart RS2 to stop spining motor wheel.

Well i think it is not like advertised by DJI, for sure kind of BUG that is not fixed for over a month.
2021-4-24
Use props
MrTiggles123
New

Germany

Hey friends, i have the same problem. Can you give me a tip how I can downgrade the firmware? The focus motors are too noisy. The vibration of the gimbal is also more intensive...

i worked two years with the ronin s, without any problems. I hoped, the upgrade on the rs2 would be a good decision.... maybe some firmware updates are making this gimbal more useable.

best wishes

Max
2021-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules