Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motovlog + Osmo action = disappointed
2890 4 2021-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marknoflas
lvl.1

Spain

Hi!

I'm a recent user of Osmo Action and I have to say that it is a great camera. However my purpose for this camera is to make motovlogs with a external microphone. So, I bought the oficial CYNOVA adapter and a microphone which I have been using on my GoPro hero 4 black (great old camera, great sound).

After installation of the microphone into the helmet, I rode on my motorbike so that testing my new setup... and ... I got a disappointing results. Between 0 - 30 km/h the sound is acceptable, even really nice, but when you speed up around > 30km/h, a noisy sound appears (wind, popping, volume too high, bad quality voice.......)

I have tried to cover the mic, also putting a volume regulator between adapter and mic, without good results... my old camera is still above osmo action (sound quality), on GoPro, the software is capable to adjust the volume when is noisy. I'm really disappointed.

Please, I hope the following firmware fix this dissaster... It is a action camera, this should not happen

my firmware version: 01.10.00.40(7251)

Please, care the users, care the motorbikers ❤
2021-3-16
Use props
Marknoflas
lvl.1

Spain

related posts: https://forum.dji.com/thread-219699-1-1.html
2021-3-16
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

That CYNOVA adapter is not good. I read that many people complain about it. I have never bought the adapter, but I use Zoom H1 external recorder for vlogging while driving with my ATV and sync audio in post.
2021-3-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

CNOVA adapter Disables wind noise, imagine they kept it on.
2021-3-21
Use props
Justin Owen
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Same issue here. Even put mic in a block of high density foam - but the levels are still way to high...

Looks like back to GoPro/MediaMod and use the Osmo as a backup.
2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules