After service part of the problem is still present.
2675 7 2021-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jackcrouse
lvl.1
Germany

Late last year I sent my Ronin SC for repair, the problem was it would beep a few times and go in standby. Sometimes it would just vibrate very strong and go into standby. They said they replaced some parts in the gimbal. When it came back I tried the gimbal once and it seemed it was ok but I never used it in a project since then.
Since Corona happened and the projects were very few, I had no projects where I used the gimbal so I never used it until this week.

Now, everytime I turn it on it goes to the side, it beeps 2 times and it goes into standby just like the problem I had in the past. I noticed that even in standby the roll motor is engaged and you cannot freely roll it.
In the app there is an exclamation mark and when clicking it it says "RollMotor overloaded. Ensure camera is balanced and gimbal axes are unlocked". Shouldn't all the motors be released in standby?
Anyway, if I go into Motor Parameters and do Auto Tune 2-3 times it fixes itself and the motor is not "overloaded" anymore works great and it is also released while in standby.

The thing is, the gimbal is balanced very good in all positions, all the balance tests come back as Excellent and I only have a GH5 with a super light 20mm lens so it's not the balancing or weight.

I don't want to have to Auto Tune the gimbal everytime I turn it on. What should I do? Try to send it back? I'm in the EU so I should have 2 years warranty right? Bought the SC in July 2019 and this is a problem which was not fixed the first time I sent the gimbal back.
Edit: tried to play around with it a little more and even Auto Tune doesn't do anything anymore to it. It just beeps 2 times goes into standby and where the roll motor is, that part is very warm.

Screenshot_20210315-212147.jpg Screenshot_20210316-151148.jpg

2021-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi jackcrouse, please check if the Roll Axis knob is locked. And try to adjust the stiffness of the Roll Axis. If the issue persists, please provide a video of the balancing, the issue of the gimbal after startup, and the indicator of the gimbal for further confirmation.
If it is convenient, please also provide the case number of your last repair, thank you.
2021-3-16
Use props
jackcrouse
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-16 19:57
Hi jackcrouse, please check if the Roll Axis knob is locked. And try to adjust the stiffness of the Roll Axis. If the issue persists, please provide a video of the balancing, the issue of the gimbal after startup, and the indicator of the gimbal for further confirmation.
If it is convenient, please also provide the case number of your last repair, thank you.

Hey Susan, thanks for your reply.
Yes everything is unlocked, I have made a quick video and uploaded it to YT. You can see the gimbal is balanced, how it turns to the side after turning it on and how it goes to sleep.
As I said the Auto Tune doesn't fix it anymore and you can also see how after it goes to sleep the roll motor is still engaged.
Previous case number is: CAS-4766330-C5C6B0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdK0Kpsge1A

2021-3-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jackcrouse Posted at 3-17 05:14
Yes everything is unlocked, I have made a quick video and uploaded it to YT. You can see the gimbal is balanced, how it turns to the side after turning it on and how it goes to sleep.
As I said the Auto Tune doesn't fix it anymore and you can also see how after it goes to sleep the roll motor is still engaged.

Thanks for providing the information, I'll forward it to our corresponding team for a check. If there is an update, I'll let you know.
2021-3-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jackcrouse Posted at 3-17 05:14
Yes everything is unlocked, I have made a quick video and uploaded it to YT. You can see the gimbal is balanced, how it turns to the side after turning it on and how it goes to sleep.

Update: Our team has checked your video, you are recommended to try joint angle calibration to see if it works or not. Please let the Ronin SC sleeps first, then lock the three-axis locks, and then perform joint angle calibration. If the issue still persists, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for service. Please keep me updated, thanks.
2021-3-19
Use props
jackcrouse
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-19 03:19
Update: Our team has checked your video, you are recommended to try joint angle calibration to see if it works or not. Please let the Ronin SC sleeps first, then lock the three-axis locks, and then perform joint angle calibration. If the issue still persists, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for service. Please keep me updated, thanks.

Thanks for looking into this. I didn't know about the joint angle calibration so I had to search for it and found a few posts about it. Tried it a couple of times but even so it reverts to the "original" values and the roll motor is still active while the Gimbal is in sleep.
Will open a case on support.
Thanks for your input and help, will update this post when I have news from DJI.
2021-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jackcrouse Posted at 3-19 03:57
Thanks for looking into this. I didn't know about the joint angle calibration so I had to search for it and found a few posts about it. Tried it a couple of times but even so it reverts to the "original" values and the roll motor is still active while the Gimbal is in sleep.
Will open a case on support.
Thanks for your input and help, will update this post when I have news from DJI.

Sorry to hear that it doesn't solve the issue. Any further assistance from my side, please feel free to let me know.
2021-3-21
Use props
jackcrouse
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-21 23:40
Sorry to hear that it doesn't solve the issue. Any further assistance from my side, please feel free to let me know.

Hey Susan,

Thanks the Gimbal is sent and they move quite fast which is always good!
They sent the list with the items that will be replaced for free since it's still in warranty. My worry is the fact that they are changing again the items which they changed when I first sent the Gimbal in 2020.

In 2020 they changed this:
Pan/Roll Axis Arm Module
Roll Axis ESC Board
IMU Board

Now in 2021 they are changing this:
Pan/Roll Axis Arm Module
Roll-axis ESC Board
12-pin Cable Connecting the IMU Board and Roll Axis Board
Roll Axis Arm Long Cover

The first 2 are exactly the same and I am happy they do that but it doesn't inspire confidence after they already changed those parts and it still wasn't working.
2021-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules