The Santa Cruz Wharf - Seagulls couldn't catch the Air 2
393 9 2021-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

Thought you might enjoy these Air 2 drone clips from the Santa Cruz, California Wharf. I noticed that wherever I flew, seagulls swarmed the drone, it seemed in an attempt to scare it or I'm not sure why. At about 1:20 or so you can see the seagulls chasing the drone as it's executing a helix shot. It got me wondering if anyone has ever lost a drone due to an attack from a seagull? I've seen the eagles trained to take out drones!

The drone footage starts about half-way through the video at 1:05. Before that is non-drone video you can skip if you want, that I edited together from three other non-drone sources. This video was my first attempt at recording an adventure using four different recording devices: Air 2, plus phone, video glasses, and GoPro.

Hope you enjoy!

2021-3-16
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Flight distance : 848524 ft
Netherlands

Nice footage!
2021-3-16
Use props
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

Thanks! It's one of the places where you can't take a bad video!
2021-3-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2021-3-16
Use props
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

Thank you!
2021-3-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great footage.  
2021-3-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2021-3-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive footage.    Those gulls definitely seemed interested in your drone. I've had several gulls come after both my Mini and MA2 but fortunately I was able to fly away from them.  On a different occasion I had a hawk swoop down and try to grab my MA2 just as it was about to land but I was able to rocket straight up and avoid the capture.  Landed soon after and moved to a different location.  
2021-3-17
Use props
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-17 06:33
Impressive footage.    Those gulls definitely seemed interested in your drone. I've had several gulls come after both my Mini and MA2 but fortunately I was able to fly away from them.  On a different occasion I had a hawk swoop down and try to grab my MA2 just as it was about to land but I was able to rocket straight up and avoid the capture.  Landed soon after and moved to a different location.

Thank you. I've had close calls with hawks too! I did the same thing - land and move somewhere else.
2021-3-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dangerly Posted at 3-17 09:46
Thank you. I've had close calls with hawks too! I did the same thing - land and move somewhere else. https://youtu.be/JbwRE2I0aKo

You're very welcome.    Have a great day.
2021-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules