DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 - Connects but no signal on PC
14288 22 2021-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EmilCC
lvl.1
Iceland

So today I bought Dji FPV Combo and I wanted to train on a simulator called Liftoff on steam but the controller does not want to work.I installed Dji Assistant 2 for fpv and upgraded the firmware to the latest one on the controller.

I went into *Set up USB game controllers* and I see HID Interface and when I press properties I see the buttons but there is no input signal visible there or in the game (Liftoff)
when I use the controller.

I did the same things on my laptop to see if it is a problem with my PC but it did not work there either. I also restarted my PC after installing Dji Assistant 2
I tried many USB ports on my PC and I also tried different cables. I know these cables have data.

Surely I am not the only one having this issue?

2021-3-16
Use props
EmilCC
lvl.1
Iceland

[SOLVED] For some strange reason everything worked after I connected everything to the drone and it HAD to have GPS signal, nothing worked up until that point. After I installed some update to the goggles and aircraft and had it ready to fly with GPS signal only then the controller showed signal to PC. Hope this helps someone in the future.
2021-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there EmilCC. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you before and it is great to know that you were able to solve the said issue. have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-3-16
Use props
Joy Kuo
lvl.1
Taiwan

EmilCC Posted at 3-16 16:36
[SOLVED] For some strange reason everything worked after I connected everything to the drone and it HAD to have GPS signal, nothing worked up until that point. After I installed some update to the goggles and aircraft and had it ready to fly with GPS signal only then the controller showed signal to PC. Hope this helps someone in the future.

So if you did't set up all the gear ready, (update,conected,activate)
Your controller would not work correctly on pc?
Is that true?
Seems like I have the same problem.
2021-3-19
Use props
djiuser_zMyALTcukiLP
New

Poland

I've bought specifically only the controller to check if this is something for me so I cannot connect it to the drone to solve it that way. Is there any other way?
2021-8-3
Use props
djiuser_6KK3FOgugghx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236798 ft
Belgium

hie there,

Same problem here, and i do not have an fpv drone to connect to fix this...... there should be a solution for this problem. I just want to train in the sim.
2021-8-7
Use props
fansc3ebfa87
New

Australia

Me too, i have bought the controller to try the sim. Is there a way around this?
2021-8-16
Use props
jonathannc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2436673 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All.  did this ever get resolved regarding the no button input from RC 2 remote,   my dji fpv controller rc2 only show sticks, calibrate and all work..... no buttons work on pc , or on simm.
OS windows 10 home on latest build.. , in devices OS shows a C5 controller, with yellow caution  . using trouble shoot  get 2 errors.
HS - Data Channel does not have a driver
Ma - Channel does not have a driver.

what and where are these drivers availble from.

kinda lost where to go forward.

Have dji fpv drone, goggles, and rc. all works using dji virtual sim and headset with controller. just an issues with the windoz,,, tried a number of  pc's

any pointers..

cheers ,.

2022-3-13
Use props
djiuser_tqYVU6PSVnhM
New

United States

I cant seemed to connect dji fpv controller 2 to liftoff on the new 2021 MacBook pro. Usb c to C. Why??
2022-3-30
Use props
jLav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2693228 ft
United States

Good Morning Everyone,

I bought the DJI FPV RTF.  I discovered that the Samsung Galaxy S22 is not compatible with the "DJI Fly" app.  I tried to fly it just now and because I NEED to be connected to the DJI Fly App, it will not take off.  This leads me to waiting for DJI to fix this issue, so in the meantime, I planned to use the controller in Liftoff.  No joy.  Liftoff worked fine with my BetaFPV Lite Radio 2, but no inputs are recognized from the DJI FPV Controller.  I think this could be related to the EmilCC fix, which I do not have the ability to try due to the DJI Fly App not working on my phone.  

As I type this, perhaps, I can use my son's iPhone...  

I might end up returning this before the eligible return date.  It is an expensive paperweight...

Thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
j

2022-4-3
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

jLav Posted at 4-3 07:09
Good Morning Everyone,

I bought the DJI FPV RTF.  I discovered that the Samsung Galaxy S22 is not compatible with the "DJI Fly" app.  I tried to fly it just now and because I NEED to be connected to the DJI Fly App, it will not take off.  This leads me to waiting for DJI to fix this issue, so in the meantime, I planned to use the controller in Liftoff.  No joy.  Liftoff worked fine with my BetaFPV Lite Radio 2, but no inputs are recognized from the DJI FPV Controller.  I think this could be related to the EmilCC fix, which I do not have the ability to try due to the DJI Fly App not working on my phone.  

From reports I've ready, the S22 issue was fixed with DJI FLY. Make sure you're downloading the app from their website and then installing the .apk on your phone.

If it doesn't work, you can also download the computer program DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series) and do the updates that way, for each device. Plug in each device, one at a time. Then again, that may only allow you to do the updates and not activate, I don't recall, but it's worth a shot.

Best Wishes,
Rob
2022-4-3
Use props
jLav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2693228 ft
United States

The "DJI Fly" App is not available on the Samsung Galaxy S22 in the Play Store at this time.  

The "DJI Store" App is available on the Play Store, but when I open it, it automatically closes.  

I figured out a work around, but I would like my new cellular mobile telephone to work with my new DJI FPV RTF Kit.

The work around was to activate my DJI FPV with my old iPad Air 2 that I got in 2014.  

2022-4-4
Use props
reubadoob
lvl.1

United States

I could not get any input in DJI Virtual Flight or Liftoff. The controller would continuously disconnect from DJI Virtual Flight app. I downloaded and installed DJI Flight and am in the in the process of updating the firmware 01.02.0015. I have yet to activate my drone so I wonder if that may play a part in getting it to work with my PC ? I am not sure. In any case @EmilCC no you're not alone and I'm trying to figure out what will solve the issue as well.
2022-4-19
Use props
Romain Mathon
New
France

same problem, controller is flashing green and seems recognized in Liftoff (HID connected) but nothing is moving in liftoff when I want to calibrate...
Driver on windows is noted as "C5" no updates available
2022-5-3
Use props
Kingscliff
lvl.1

Australia

Same problem here. I bought just dji fpv controller v2 so I can practise with Velocidrone and Liftoff before buying drone and goggles.

So far I have managed:
-to connect controller to Windows 10 machine. Windows sees controller as "HID Interface" but does not take in any commands and sticks does not do anything.
When I go to ->Test and -> Properties nothing works.
-installed DJI assistant 2 and upgraded firmware -> no help
-Velocidrone simulator does not take in any commands from stick either but it seems to recognize it.
-Steam's big picture's controller setting does not take in any commands. I haven't bought Liftoff because I doubt contoller would work with that since Steam does not take any commands from
controller. Steam sees controller as "HID Interface" as well but nothing works.

It would be great if DJI would fix this problem because I would be happy to buy FPV drone and goggles after practising for a while with a simulator !
Or if somebody knows solution to this "I only have controller" situation that would be awesome!!
Edit: even installed free version of DJI Flight simulator to pc but that didn't get any commands from controller either!
2022-6-13
Use props
KGNSTEVIEBOI
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wish i'd found this thread before buying one!
Or has a solution been found?

Do I have to go find someone with DJi FPV drone to get it to work! Will it connect to any other DJi drones?

Steve
2022-6-16
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

Hey guys, it seems obvious but maybe not, are you pressing the on/off button twice? If not, the controller is only in charging mode.
2022-6-16
Use props
SpartanMB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1312228 ft
Slovenia

Hi guys,
I've just bought the Velocidrone and tried connecting to my DJI FPV controller. The controller is recognized in the simulator but I am unable to make any commands with it (Win 11). I've also tried everything other users mentioned. If someone figures out something please let us know. (I will also try on Linux.)
2022-6-17
Use props
tcamanho
New

Brazil

Romain Mathon Posted at 2022-5-3 09:49
same problem, controller is flashing green and seems recognized in Liftoff (HID connected) but nothing is moving in liftoff when I want to calibrate...
Driver on windows is noted as "C5" no updates available

Hello, I have the same problem. Did you manage to solve it? Tks
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_YaOw4b2NAOlX
New

Germany

have u tried downloading the dji assitant (dji fpv series) for me i could update my controller therre and now it works
2023-4-7
Use props
djiuser_IPuXRxw1CdSn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 742251 ft
Italy

Found the solution, you need to install the dji assistant  2 app, connect your dji account and activate the Remote Controller 2.
2023-4-28
Use props
djiuser_UxmSHmKMcYuH
New

Indonesia

jonathannc Posted at 2022-3-13 03:01
Hi All.  did this ever get resolved regarding the no button input from RC 2 remote,   my dji fpv controller rc2 only show sticks, calibrate and all work..... no buttons work on pc , or on simm.
OS windows 10 home on latest build.. , in devices OS shows a C5 controller, with yellow caution  . using trouble shoot  get 2 errors.
HS - Data Channel does not have a driver

saya juga memiliki masalah serupa, sangat mengecewakan.
2023-6-30
Use props
djiuser_aUm8xjJuKFwM
New

United States

im having the same issue where its plugged into my pc but no signal is coming through to liftoff. i installed the fpv assistant app, downloaded theupdate and it worked but when i reset my pcand plugged in the controller it started hitting me with "the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned. and windows does not recognize it" tells me to try reconnecting the device but after restarting the pc redownloading the assistant and unplugging and replugging in the controller multiple times, im still having the issue, i dont have a drone or anything else to connect it to so i cant try that, im just trying to run the simulator! please tell me someone knows what might be wrong and how to fix it thx!!!
2023-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules