1049 12 2021-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Took my fpv for it maiden around our neighborhood. Flight was pretty good however the video is kind of jumpy and jello effect if you will. Maybe i missed a set up question?
Any thoughts?
[/url]
2021-3-16
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The machine is really not intended to be used for filming, while its capable of some pretty images, the display is more for the pilot than for a client.
2021-3-16
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

I get its not really intended for filming however for immersive video potential I thought it would be more stable. I have seen many videos online and I have not seen these types of jello wobbling effects unless you can doctor it  up in post?  Surely the jiggling effect isn't normal?
2021-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Visual Air. Good day and thank you for posting DJI FPV first flight video. Thank you and keep flying.
2021-3-16
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Can some of you experienced with the DJI FPV system please comment does this wobbly video appear normal to you?
2021-3-17
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you enable in camera settings the eis and roll correction?
2021-3-17
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

This one is no more wobbly than the one from my FPV drone. You are flying in the middle of the day without an ND filter I presume. What I see is completely normal for this kind of conditions. and this drone. You can try to switch EIS on using the goggle menu but I doubt if the video will get any better...
2021-3-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

dronie1965 Posted at 3-17 10:43
Did you enable in camera settings the eis and roll correction?

I did have the EIS on but the roll correction was off. I have since turned it on and will fly it again to see if that made any difference. Not really sure what the roll correction does?
2021-3-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

tomekyo Posted at 3-17 10:51
This one is no more wobbly than the one from my FPV drone. You are flying in the middle of the day without an ND filter I presume. What I see is completely normal for this kind of conditions. and this drone. You can try to switch EIS on using the goggle menu but I doubt if the video will get any better...

Correct no ND filter they are on there way though. I still find it weird as some of the video it is fine and other times it really noticeable.
2021-3-17
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

Visual Air Posted at 3-17 11:21
Correct no ND filter they are on there way though. I still find it weird as some of the video it is fine and other times it really noticeable.

I watched your video again and honestly - it is not bad if you concern image stabilization. Every now and then you can see some shimmering but as I mentioned before I am pretty sure it is due to too hi shutter speed ...
2021-3-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

tomekyo Posted at 3-17 13:42
I watched your video again and honestly - it is not bad if you concern image stabilization. Every now and then you can see some shimmering but as I mentioned before I am pretty sure it is due to too hi shutter speed ...

Thank you for the help and advice. Nd filters are on route.
2021-3-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looked as good as I think you should expect from this drone
2021-3-18
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-18 08:33
That looked as good as I think you should expect from this drone

Agreed. However watching some of the videos posted on you tube there are some amazing cinematic immersive videos that are super smooth. Must have way smoother stick control.
Thanks for the input.
2021-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules