Android sucking goggle battery via usb-c?
656 3 2021-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aSae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562769 ft
Poland

Just got my FPV combo, activation when smooth, update the f/w, kill the "aircraft not bound to phone number" message with solution from tomekyo but I noticed that my charging icon comes up and stays on my Android (Huawei Mate 20 Pro) whenever I connect the phone to the goggle, with or without flyapp on (ie. just for dual screen with fly app or just to check the map). Luckily I have an old iPhone 6s to test, and it does the same for 2 seconds then clleared back to not charging (which is the way I prefer to be rather than sucking the goggles battery).
Is there a way to turn the charging off when using Android with goggle? or is it a bug? or its just the way it is and connecting to iPhone is more preferred when i want to fly longer ?

2021-3-16
Use props
aSae
lvl.3
Poland

Ps. Its Android 10
2021-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there aSae. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. In relation to this matter the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you.
2021-3-16
Use props
aSae
lvl.3
Poland

Thanks Stephen for the explanation, good to know that it's only draining 500ma.
2021-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules