Pocket 2 Facebook Live Stream
17583 9 2021-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BradR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23855 ft
United States

Can the Pocket 2/Mimo combo be used to live stream to a Facebook page? I need to stream to a Facebook page, not just to a Facebook account. This is an organization page which is owned by an account. Is anyone doing this successfully? I hate to spend the money to find it does not work. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
2021-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BradR. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. The DJI Pocket 2's livestream function does not support direct connection to a mobile phone, and it can only be achieved by connecting the Do-It-All Handle because the DJI Pocket 2 livestreams by connecting to a normal hotspot, and the DJI Pocket 2 then directly stream to the livestream platform for live streaming. The livestream process does not rely on the app, as the original design intention of DJI Pocket 2 is to prefer using it without the app, and so the livestream follows this design. Thank you.
2021-3-16
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

Even if you could do live with this camera (actually you can but there are lot many things need to be addressed) you will have very poor battery backup hardly 45-60 mins & if you plug in a powerbank for continuous power it will heat up like hot cake & shut down midway, so in nutshell I wont sweat to make effort in using this instead buy smaller 1080p webcam costing $100
2021-3-16
Use props
BradR
lvl.1
United States

Great information fellas. Greatly appreciated. Allow me to refine my question a bit. I am aware of the need for the Do-It-All Handle. I am delighted to hear that a phone does not need to be attached! I am also aware of the need for a wifi connection to the Internet - there is no direct to cellular data stream connection. Is the Pocket 2 a reliable system for live streaming to a Facebook page - that is an organization page which is a "sub-page" if you will, for a Facebook user account account? I live stream a radio program from the studio. The radio program's Facebook page is a "sub-page" of the host's personal Facebook account. Currently I use my cell phone - wifi connectivity to the radio station's wifi on an Osmo 2 gimbal.  The Osmo works independently - no Bluetooth connection to the cell phone. I take the audio board mix of the program and insert it via the headphone jack on the phone.  I want to upgrade and down size. I trust I can use the 3.5mm audio input on the "Do-It-All Handle for the audio, but I what I need is to be sure this is a reliable device from which to stream. The stream is 60 to 65 minutes non-stop. Will I have power or heat issues? Can I supplement power with a power bank? Before I spend my client's money on this system, I need to be assured it will work reliably. Your expertise on this matter is greatly appreciated!
2021-3-17
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To livestream to a facebook page (instead of your profile) you need to setup the Pocket 2 to livestream to a RTMP feed.  This is setup via Facebook Live Producer, if you are familiar with this process and using Stream Keys and have the correct Page credentials then yes you can run a live boradcast to a Facebook page from the Pocket 2.  I'm putting together a video re how to setup as there is are so many people who just try the Facebook Live option and give up with zero knowledge re the RTMP options.
2021-3-20
Use props
BradR
lvl.1
United States

Andy Uk Posted at 3-20 08:09
To livestream to a facebook page (instead of your profile) you need to setup the Pocket 2 to livestream to a RTMP feed.  This is setup via Facebook Live Producer, if you are familiar with this process and using Stream Keys and have the correct Page credentials then yes you can run a live boradcast to a Facebook page from the Pocket 2.  I'm putting together a video re how to setup as there is are so many people who just try the Facebook Live option and give up with zero knowledge re the RTMP options.

That is fantastic information! Thank you! Do you have any links to solid information and how can I make sure I see your video when it is completed? Thanks too for clearing up my terminology (Facebook page vs Facebook profile). Have you had any issues with heat or battery life - this is an hour stream.
2021-3-20
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BradR Posted at 3-20 08:15
That is fantastic information! Thank you! Do you have any links to solid information and how can I make sure I see your video when it is completed? Thanks too for clearing up my terminology (Facebook page vs Facebook profile). Have you had any issues with heat or battery life - this is an hour stream.

Here you go
2021-3-27
Use props
BradR
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Andy. This is perfect information and I was able to successfully stream RTMP to a Facebook Page! I would have never figured it out without this clip. However, if seems that the RTMP stream uses more bandwidth than the stream from my cell phone via wifi. My video from the Pocket 2 via RTMP freezes and is very blocky. Either something has coincidentally happened to the radio station's wifi or I am swamping it with the RTMP stream. My Mimo settings setting are 720p at 2MPS. Is it possible that this transmission is that much more of a data hog than using my cell phone via wifi? I plan to spend some time at the radio station this week evaluating the wifi signal and experimenting with using a cell phone as a hotspot. Verizon says 4G provides generally between 5- and 12Mbps. That's if I can get a decent cell phone signal from the studio. Any suggestions? My client who bought the Pocket wants his money back - we are out of the 14 day DJI return window. Thanks for all your help! Does anyone have any suggestions?
2021-5-15
Use props
Zidie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296555 ft
Finland

BradR Posted at 5-15 11:22
Thanks Andy. This is perfect information and I was able to successfully stream RTMP to a Facebook Page! I would have never figured it out without this clip. However, if seems that the RTMP stream uses more bandwidth than the stream from my cell phone via wifi. My video from the Pocket 2 via RTMP freezes and is very blocky. Either something has coincidentally happened to the radio station's wifi or I am swamping it with the RTMP stream. My Mimo settings setting are 720p at 2MPS. Is it possible that this transmission is that much more of a data hog than using my cell phone via wifi? I plan to spend some time at the radio station this week evaluating the wifi signal and experimenting with using a cell phone as a hotspot. Verizon says 4G provides generally between 5- and 12Mbps. That's if I can get a decent cell phone signal from the studio. Any suggestions? My client who bought the Pocket wants his money back - we are out of the 14 day DJI return window. Thanks for all your help! Does anyone have any suggestions?

In the Pocket 2 there is a visual cue of how good connection to the wifi you've got. It looks like some kind of radio tower or something. If that isn't 100% lit I think it means that the Pocket 2 doesn't have very good wifi connection. I think the wifi problems might be related to the camera heating up, but I'm not 100% sure. Still doing some testing on mine.

The 2 Mb is not very big data rate so I think that any wifi nowadays should be able to deal with it. Maybe try to get two phones, another for the hotspot and another for controlling the Pocket 2 and see if it can stream reliably with that connection.
I've had some problems with the camera heating up and I'm buying a usb fan to cool it down while doing long live stream I know this is ridiculous but I'm not going to give up using it so I'll try to find a solution for the overheating. You definitely cannot charge the camera while streaming (unless its cooled somehow) since it'll get hot and turn off at some point. So always have 100% battery when streaming and no charging.
2021-5-25
Use props
BradR
lvl.1
United States

I have a bit more experience with this project and I am still experiencing some problems which I am trying to define and resolve. I have been able to successfully establish an RTMP stream to our Facebook page. I have been able to make it through an hour on a full charge - without much battery left, but i get there. The unit is not heating up enough to concern me. I have had unreliable results though, from the very same location. I am in a small radio studio which may be 12' x 15'. I do not move around much - but the reason for the gimbal camera is to be able to follow a live round-table discussion.

I streamed the program one week, and it was flawless. I was feeling great about the results I had gained in the station's new facility with great audio fidelity and levels, and what I thought was a strong wifi signal. The second week, however was terrible. The video on the stream pixelated, froze, went black, and the audio broke up as well. I watched as the little signal indicator on the Pocket 2 showed a strong signal (full bars - 4 or 5?) and then, standing in the same place, dropping down to 2 bars or 1. I have speed tested the signal in the studio and I am getting a solid 30+ Mbps, so the bandwidth is there in testing with speedtest.net.  My thought is that one of several things could  happening. Either the Pocket is being crushed by the demand and is unable to fully process the signal for that duration. Perhaps there is a way to hold the device as to not interfere with the signal, although I tried several ways. Or the wifi signal I am using has performance issues. I am trying to find someone at the radio station who knows something about the wifi system, but should I be looking at the device as the culprit?

Has anyone had similar performance issues?  Thanks!
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules