P4P "Shooting Failed" when shooting panos
651 4 2021-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slimjim837
lvl.1

United States

So I just got a P4P from a family member, but still waiting on props to arrive. Messing around in the simulator while I wait, to get it all set up etc.
In the sim, when I take off and initiate a 360 pano, the process begins and fails on the 5th photo. The 5th photo is the first time the gimbal has to yaw all the way to one direction(and from what I've seen on YouTube, the entire aircrafts spins). This also happens in the other pano modes where full yaw deflection is required. Vertical pano completes successfully as it's just 3 photos facing forwards.

Gimbal calibration is successful and everything seems to be functioning normally. My only thought is that the drone knows it's not physically yawing in real life, not allowing it to spin and continue the process. What say you?

Video linked to show what happens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWhRjcG0ypc

2021-3-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, slimjim837. Thanks for reaching out! We strongly recommend doing another panorama shot when the aircraft is airborne to further confirm whether there's a possible problem with your device. Please let us know about your result and keep us updated. Kindly make sure also that both the firmware and the DJI GO 4 are running their latest versions.
2021-3-18
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2021-3-18
Use props
slimjim837
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-18 01:51
Hi, slimjim837. Thanks for reaching out! We strongly recommend doing another panorama shot when the aircraft is airborne to further confirm whether there's a possible problem with your device. Please let us know about your result and keep us updated. Kindly make sure also that both the firmware and the DJI GO 4 are running their latest versions.

It works perfectly when airborne! The aircraft must know that it’s not really spinning while in the sim. Thank you for responding.
2021-3-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

slimjim837 Posted at 3-18 09:34
It works perfectly when airborne! The aircraft must know that it’s not really spinning while in the sim. Thank you for responding.

You're most welcome. Should you have further concerns, please let us know.
2021-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules