8416 37 2021-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3dflyer06
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300584 ft
Germany

Hello everyone!

I bought the DJI FPV Combo and found out that it is not possible to change the stick mode to mode 2 throttle reverse (means actually Mode 6 in Vbar Control Radio).
This was really frustrating for me! I really hope this becomes fixed within the next update. There are more people who need custom stick mode configurations. Also the manual says on page 40: Mode 2 is selected by default and users can also configure custom modes in the goggles.

So here are my questions: Did I interpret this sentence in the manual wrong? Is there this function in the goggles because I can't find it? Is there any other possability to change to mode 2 throttle reverse?

Thanks a lot!

3dflyer06
2021-3-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, 3dflyer06.  Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-3-18
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

am I understanding your question right? You want throttle and rudder on the left stick but when you move the throttle down - you actually want the craft to go up?
2021-3-18
Use props
3dflyer06
lvl.2
Germany

@DJI Gamora: Thanks for your reply. I really hope that this will be solved soon. I am looking forward to fly some FPV 3D ! By now I have send back my Combo but then I would rebuy it.
@tomekyo: Yes, exactly! That's the way I learned rc helicopter flying. In DJI terms it would mean stick down makes the quad ascend.
2021-3-19
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

3dflyer06 Posted at 3-19 06:07
@DJI Gamora: Thanks for your reply. I really hope that this will be solved soon. I am looking forward to fly some FPV 3D ! By now I have send back my Combo but then I would rebuy it.
@tomekyo: Yes, exactly! That's the way I learned rc helicopter flying. In DJI terms it would mean stick down makes the quad ascend.

I used to fly scale rc helicopters and left stick up was always positive collective (climb up)! That is different for sure.
2021-3-19
Use props
fansadc67dba
New
Austria

Can't fly the FPV Combo it is Not possible to change to Mode 4 :-( No Custom Stick Mode possible.
I am very dissapointed about DJI.

No Flight Simulator for Android DJI FPV Flightsim.
2021-3-20
Use props
3dflyer06
lvl.2
Germany

@Visual Air: Yes, it refers more to a real helicopter where you pull the pitch to ascend.
@fansadc67dba: That's a pity. Also the empty promises in the manual are really sad. I bought the combo because there was written about custom stick modes.
2021-3-20
Use props
fansadc67dba
New
Austria

3dflyer06 Posted at 3-20 00:49
@Visual Air: Yes, it refers more to a real helicopter where you pull the pitch to ascend.
@fansadc67dba: That's a pity. Also the empty promises in the manual are really sad. I bought the combo because there was written about custom stick modes.

I also read about the Custom Stick Mode in the Manuel but it is not in the Software integrated.( Looks Like a not Finish Produkt for 1350,-Euro !!!)

Now i can Hope that the Update is comming soon. No answer from the Technical Support at the Moment.
It is my 3rd DJI Drone now and that was never Happen before. This is unacceptable!!!
2021-3-20
Use props
3dflyer06
lvl.2
Germany

@fansadc67dba: I can totally agree with you.
2021-3-22
Use props
fansadc67dba
New
Austria

3dflyer06 Posted at 3-22 01:51
@fansadc67dba: I can totally agree with you.

Found a Video in YouTube how you can Switch the cable wiering in the controller maybe it helps you to.
It is called: Mode 4 DJI FPV
2021-3-22
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

fansadc67dba Posted at 3-22 09:59
Found a Video in YouTube how you can Switch the cable wiering in the controller maybe it helps you to.
It is called: Mode 4 DJI FPV

I don't think you can swap cables like that to reverse an axis. You can swap cables to change which sensor will control which axis but I don't think Hall effect sensor are reversible like potentiometers.

It is likely possible to flip the magnet used with the Hall sensor to switch direction. There are a couple other alternatives but I don't think they're easier than flipping a magnet.
Edit: By the way, I have photos of the inside of the controller in this thread.
2021-3-22
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The only way to accomplish the reverse throttle is to reverse the wires on the throttle pot inside the transmitter. As much as I hate to tell you you should change you technique it's not like the throttle is so difficult - if you get in trouble just release the sticks to hover then get you mind in gear again.

I fly mode three but I tautght myself to fly mode 2 as well. On the early Phantom 1 days, I re-wired all my DJI, Futabe and JR transmitters to mode 3.

Regards Mike

2021-3-22
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
United States

Mike Mas Posted at 3-22 15:08
The only way to accomplish the reverse throttle is to reverse the wires on the throttle pot inside the transmitter. As much as I hate to tell you you should change you technique it's not like the throttle is so difficult - if you get in trouble just release the sticks to hover then get you mind in gear again.

I fly mode three but I tautght myself to fly mode 2 as well. On the early Phantom 1 days, I re-wired all my DJI, Futabe and JR transmitters to mode 3.

"reverse the wires on the throttle pot"
There isn't a throttle pot. The gimbals use magnets and Hall effect sensors. I'm pretty sure you can't reverse the power on a Hall sensor the way you can with a potentiometer.

As I mentioned above, it might be possible to flip the magnet used with the Hall sensor.

The only pot inside the controller is used to control the camera angle.
2021-3-22
Use props
Makkuro
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-18 01:53
Hi, 3dflyer06.  Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV. Thank you for your continued support!

You can add another requester to this function!!  I've always flown with a custom stick mode and thought that the FPV drone has that same feature.  Turns out even with the latest firmware it is not possible.  Since  old habit is hard to change, I just returned my FPV drone and fly-more combo.  Will also need to get a refund on the DJI-Care too.

That said, I firmly believe in "voting with your wallet"; returning the drone is part of it but more importantly when said feature is implemented I will order the drone again.  I will gladly give DJI $2,000 once it does fit my needs.  Thank you!!
2021-3-31
Use props
kbrxD
lvl.1

United States

Hi, 3dflyer06.  Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV. Thank you for your continued support!

If this is an easy software update, PLEASE expedite it, I don't want to completely relearn years of muscle memory of flying inverted pitch with fpv. I just simply won't be able to fly the drone in acro mode until it is updated which means i probably will not fly the drone at all. other than that I think the product is great but the limitation of customization is a huge downfall.
2021-4-14
Use props
fans7a3fa97d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272982 ft
Spain

No updates on this? I still have the drone I'm the box since one month...
2021-5-6
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
United States

I received a private message asking for more information about reversing the throttle.  As a reply, I started this thread.

I initially thought flipping the magnet would be the easiest way to reverse the throttle but after more investigation, I don't think the magnet can be easily removed. It is very securely glued in place. I will try the alternate method of reversing the throttle by rotating the Hall sensor 180 degrees. I'll update the other thread when I have more information.
2021-5-6
Use props
kbrxD
lvl.1

United States

fans7a3fa97d Posted at 5-6 06:23
No updates on this? I still have the drone I'm the box since one month...

same, lol i assume if enough people voice their opinions they'll decide to update it but if not many people have an issue with it they probably won't take the time to do it. if it goes long enough we should probably just ask for refunds tbh
2021-5-22
Use props
Dr0ne_Enthus1ast
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26368 ft
Germany

I also purchased the fpv combo believing that i could switch the stick mode like on my mavic pro. Big disappointment. There is no custum mode.
After decades oh flying models with mode 4 I am not able to change.
2021-5-25
Use props
Dr0ne_Enthus1ast
lvl.1
Germany

Hi, 3dflyer06.  Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV. Thank you for your continued support!

I really hope that a custom stick mode is offered soon. Since there was no information that the fpv can not be set to mode 4 I purchased one and now can't really use it well. I also own a mavic pro, where the change to mode 4 was no problem. Hope DJI takes care of this issue.
Regards
2021-5-25
Use props
Dr0ne_Enthus1ast
lvl.1
Germany

3dflyer06 Posted at 3-20 00:49

I have flown model helicopters in mode 4 pitch reversed, which is like in full size helicopters, where you pull up to climb. With long hours on simulator I trained with the"normal" pitch mode but in critical flight situations I still sometimes move the pitch stick the wrong way.
2021-5-25
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
United States

Dr0ne_Enthus1ast Posted at 5-25 06:49
I have flown model helicopters in mode 4 pitch reversed, which is like in full size helicopters, where you pull up to climb. With long hours on simulator I trained with the"normal" pitch mode but in critical flight situations I still sometimes move the pitch stick the wrong way.

"I have flown model helicopters in mode 4 pitch reversed, which is like in full size helicopters, where you pull up to climb."

When you say "pitch" do you mean collective pitch?

I'd think flying an odd mode, you'd usually have to modify your transmitters yourself.  If you've up to modifying the FPV controller, I linked to a thread where I show how it can be done.
2021-5-25
Use props
Dr0ne_Enthus1ast
lvl.1
Germany

Duane Degn Posted at 5-25 07:51
"I have flown model helicopters in mode 4 pitch reversed, which is like in full size helicopters, where you pull up to climb."

When you say "pitch" do you mean collective pitch?

When I said pitch I referred to collective pitch or rpm on fixed pitch helis.
Where would I find the link to the transmitter modifikation? I've done this with ready-to-fly combos which were in mode 2. Switching wires from the sticks did what I wanted.
2021-5-25
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
United States

Dr0ne_Enthus1ast Posted at 5-25 10:39
When I said pitch I referred to collective pitch or rpm on fixed pitch helis.
Where would I find the link to the transmitter modifikation? I've done this with ready-to-fly combos which were in mode 2. Switching wires from the sticks did what I wanted.

"Switching wires from the sticks did what I wanted."

I'm afraid it's not as easy with this controller. The joysticks use Hall effect sensors so you can't just switch the power and ground lines like you can on a pot.

"Where would I find the link to the transmitter modifikation?"

I posted a link in post #24 of this thread. Here's a direct link to the modification thread.
I haven't tested the modified controller yet. I haven't put the contrtoller back together yet. My guess is that it will work as long as I calibrate the controller before using it.
2021-5-25
Use props
Dr0ne_Enthus1ast
lvl.1
Germany

Duane Degn Posted at 5-25 11:33
"Switching wires from the sticks did what I wanted."

I'm afraid it's not as easy with this controller. The joysticks use Hall effect sensors so you can't just switch the power and ground lines like you can on a pot.

Many thanks - I'll take a look at your post. As long as the FPV system is covered under warranty I'm reluctant to take the controller apart.
2021-5-26
Use props
FPV Junky
New

Germany

Oh, good that I could read this before I bought the DJI FPV drone combo. We were going to buy 3 of them. But if I can not change the stick mode to mode 2 throttle reverse, we will not buy a DJI FPV drone.  

Why is DJI doing this? Even in the FPV area fly so much with your own stick assignment.
2021-7-6
Use props
Zero13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401086 ft
Spain

Hello!,

I join the thread .. my problem is the inversion of the right lever (Pitch - Mode 2) ...
Any ideas?

Open thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=245879
2021-7-7
Use props
fans8f87c98d
New

United States

I really want a custom stick mode, I just bought mine and it’s really hard to get use to.
2021-8-28
Use props
Ariebaas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348251 ft
Netherlands

fans8f87c98d Posted at 2021-8-28 20:17
I really want a custom stick mode, I just bought mine and it’s really hard to get use to.

I turn the magnet 180 gr and the throttle is reverced.
It is very simple to do. Succes.
2022-1-10
Use props
Sumi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2433530 ft
Finland

Please.. custom mode!!
2022-2-11
Use props
Force Aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11286 ft
United States

I just flew mine for the first time and I need a custom stick setting. Is there an update on this function?
2022-2-23
Use props
VanTaro
lvl.1

Germany

i cant believe that this is not possible. i fly Mode 2, but hey.....  why not add custom stick modes with reverse single channel ops. it is software.
2022-2-25
Use props
C.Calabrese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 590013 ft
United States

I've started a petition for them to change this. I encourage everyone on this thread to sign and spread this. It's a simple software fix to allow this functionality, and ridiculous they're withholding this from their paying customers. A petition worked for Cine Mode (allegedly), let's force them to pay attention to a large subset of their customers.

https://chng.it/GZQR55tdvV
2022-9-21
Use props
yensysl1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491699 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansadc67dba Posted at 2021-3-20 01:10
I also read about the Custom Stick Mode in the Manuel but it is not in the Software integrated.( Looks Like a not Finish Produkt for 1350,-Euro !!!)

Now i can Hope that the Update is comming soon. No answer from the Technical Support at the Moment.

i am in the same boat as you guys.  super frustrated. everytime you complain about it they say same thing.  that they will forward to techs..bt nothing coming out of that.. super frustrated
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_rSotDgZhPh67
New
Flight distance : 52034 ft

United Kingdom

Can't believe this hasn't been sorted yet! This is some of the most basic settings for a DIY drone set up. I can't wrap my head around the preset options DJI provide, what difference does it make to them if we use our own preferred layout?

I come from a console FPS background and get on really well by mimicking the right stick to that (up = pitch up, left = yaw left etc..). I feel much safer and in control using these settings in a simulator but am forced to take a more dangerous approach with the preset mode 2.

PLEASE FIX THIS
2023-8-6
Use props
bushflyer49
New
Flight distance : 318573 ft
Switzerland

Hi all of you impaired by DJIs stick mode.
I pull the throttle, so with FPV this really gets very annoying.

Has one of you tried an iPhone instead an Android?

I have Android phone and with my mini2 I had to connect it ONCE with an iPhone - and there surprisingly the software does not have the error. And I was able to change only the direction of throttle stick. This then is stored inside the drone and connecting then again with my Android - IT DOES SHOW THE INVERTED THROTTLE. But if you'd touch it, then you would need an iPhone again.

Because I am so disappointed with all of this, that was NO ISSUE at all with phantoms, I haven't bought an FPV.
Strangely enough DJI's gunshaped handcontroler does PULL the trottle ?*"%???
2023-8-31
Use props
Waldo4280
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-3-18 01:53

You’re kidding right? Forward this feedback blah, blah, blah. Same regurgitated rubbish that we get fed with the DJI Virtual Flight app not working.
2023-9-2
Use props
rick_do_things
lvl.1

United States

Any update?
3-12 12:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules