DJI FPV Bundle - Compatible with DJI FPV Air Unit?
3769 4 2021-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sthrncaliguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105787 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently purchased the new DJI FPV Bundle with drone, goggles, and remote.

I am curious if anyone knows whether or not the goggles and remote controller could be paired to the DJI FPV Air unit - Like I am interested in getting a CINEWHOOP that is DJI BNF, but obviously wouldn't want to have to buy a second pair of goggles and second transmitter to do so.

I know the goggles just released are V2, and the remote is obviously different than the original FPV remote, but hoping that it is backwards compatible?

Anyone know if that is possible, and what the binding procedure looks like?
2021-3-17
Use props
SaltyflyFPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150889 ft
United States

Just the googles in setting but not the remote.
2021-3-17
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The V2 goggles work fine with the Air Unit, but be warned - the latest firmware is completely broken. Switching back and forth between drone mode and Air Unit mode causes bindings to break. Watch this video before you start using them with an Air Unit:

2021-3-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Sthrncaliguy. Thanks for reaching out! Only the DJI FPV Goggles V2 would work on Caddx Vista Air Unit. Please make sure that the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is switched to DJI Digital FPV System and remember to restart the DJI FPV Goggles V2 afterward.
2021-3-19
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

I'd love to see DJI either adding support for the v2 controller to the existing air unit.
or, releasing an DJI Air Unit v2 which supports the v2 googles and v2 controller.

either would be fantastic - this would give their DJI FPV customers a route into other FPV drones.

I think this 'upgrade path' would really help those of us that were a bit unsure if the DJI FPV was right for us,
since we would know we could use the goggles/controller for a racer or freestyle drone if thats were we later wanted to go.

I think having the DJI FPV and a light (repairable) freestyle drone would be a fun combinaton, and is my plan.
the DJI FPV will be used more for the cinematic, motion shots, light freestyle, more long range... using its fantastic 'all-rounder' abilities.
the freestyler, Id use where I was worried about hitting something (tree, ground) , so i could fix easily.

so I see this as very much complimentary to DJI, we get a great hybrid drone, and control system.... and we can then grow from there.

2021-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules