Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV "Remote Controller Stick Error"
12Next >
43808 55 2021-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sthrncaliguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105787 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello!

Anytime I switch into Manual mode, after holding the sticks in the green zone to confirm and manual mode becomes active, I start seeing a red warning in my display "controller stick error" - the message is fairly frequent however there are no apparent symptoms I can detect - I can fly the craft just fine and do not notice any input lag, failed control movements, or otherwise.

Anyone else seen this error message, and know what I might try to correct? While it hasn't caused any issues yet, its a bit unnerving to see that while your in full manual control mode...
2021-3-17
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

same issues
2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_gdVuUuaXifOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1730974 ft
  • >>>
France

Me too someone fix the problem ?
2021-3-20
Use props
Nanois
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1280397 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

have you done the full calibration?
2021-3-20
Use props
djiuser_gdVuUuaXifOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Nanois Posted at 3-20 05:58
have you done the full calibration?

For me I can't do the calibration the sticks dont react when I move them on the radio
2021-3-20
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_gdVuUuaXifOM Posted at 3-20 06:03
For me I can't do the calibration the sticks dont react when I move them on the radio

Aircraft has to be powered up during calibration.
2021-3-20
Use props
djiuser_gdVuUuaXifOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Yeah of course u find a solution ?
2021-3-20
Use props
ese_goose
New
United States

anyone found the solution , mine doesnt register when i move the sticks , it does register the dial wheel tho, and yes drone is on
2021-3-20
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Center the sticks, look closer you can see hatch marks. Turn off controller, turn on controller two times.
2021-3-20
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Did you tighten the screw to release all the spring tension?
There is a button inside the controller which is pressed when the spring tension screw is all the way in. I'm guessing the firmware detects you haven't set the remote up for manual flight and warns you about it. Apparently it still lets you fly.
I've taken my controller apart I was confused by these little buttons.
I figured they were there to detect when the throttle joystick has been set for manual mode.
Here's a photo of those buttons.

At least that's my guess. I can't figure out why else they would have those buttons there.
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_iXcFHM78InD6
New
Flight distance : 13330 ft
France

Same issues
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_iHTqy1XxlZnB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62822 ft
United States

Check it out I was having the same issue right now with dji fpv combo so I started checking forums and saw a post about the tension screws maybe being too tight I think it was but I went back to my controller and eased off a little tension I had applied when switching back to normal mode so my lady could try and long story short that solution worked for me so hopefully this helps someone out
20210327_215647.jpg
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_iHTqy1XxlZnB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62822 ft
United States

Check it out I was having the same issue right now with dji fpv combo so I started checking forums and saw a post about the tension screws maybe being too tight I think it was but I went back to my controller and eased off a little tension I had applied when switching back to normal mode so my lady could try and long story short that solution worked for me so hopefully this helps someone out
20210327_215647.jpg
2021-3-27
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_iHTqy1XxlZnB Posted at 3-27 20:57

So you were getting the error when the F1 screw was too tight?
I'm trying to figure out how that works. As I posted above, there are physical buttons which are pressed when the F1 screw is tightened. From what you're saying it sounds like the buttons cause a problem when pressed too hard.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing your experience.
2021-3-27
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

Ive got my sticks loose... and I found if I do not centre the stick precisely when I turn on the controller - then I get this error.
now, I centre the throttle stick (carefully against marks) before turning on Ive never had the issue since.

It feels like the firmware expects the controllers sticks to be centered (as they will be if its sprung)  - and thinks they are mis-calibrated if any stick position is not reporting centred when you turn on.

now, I know... its really not a big deal to ensure sticks are centred before turning on controller... but was a bit concerning, when I first got it.
2021-3-28
Use props
CaptainChaos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200259 ft
South Africa

thetechnobear Posted at 3-28 05:24
Ive got my sticks loose... and I found if I do not centre the stick precisely when I turn on the controller - then I get this error.
now, I centre the throttle stick (carefully against marks) before turning on Ive never had the issue since.

I cant even activate my FPV drone as the gimbal dial on the controller doesnt work.... When trying to calibrate the two sticks respond but not the dial. hence I cant fly at all. The Camera is permanently pointed to the ground Reported to DJI but they cant/wont replace it despite never having flown. I also cant buy any replacement remote anywhere...
Any bright ideas appreciated!
2021-3-30
Use props
SomeoneFlies
New

United States

CaptainChaos Posted at 3-30 02:20
I cant even activate my FPV drone as the gimbal dial on the controller doesnt work.... When trying to calibrate the two sticks respond but not the dial. hence I cant fly at all. The Camera is permanently pointed to the ground Reported to DJI but they cant/wont replace it despite never having flown. I also cant buy any replacement remote anywhere...

You ever solve the issue, I am having the same problem? When I calibrate my controller both joysticks work fine but the dial wont do anything. My gimbal is stuck as well.
2021-4-27
Use props
eisenfliege
lvl.3
Germany

I tried several iterations with fastening and unfasten the F1 screw, but it does not change, still most time I'm getting this stick error. Sometimes it vanishes after some time.
Next time I will try it with the initially centering the stick.
2021-4-28
Use props
Sinamatix
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Have the same issue here.  Have tried adjusting the grub screws in the controller and still get the stick error.  It is intermittent.
Have got a battery on charge, so I can go try the centered sticks power up.  Will add to this post after testing.
--UPDATE--
After starting the controller with the stick centred and a couple of flights, I am getting no issues.
Can also confirm after playing with the F2 screw, it needs to be far enough in to activate the micro switch.  Otherwise the goggles will warn you to adjust the screw and after that message dissapears, the stick error returns again.
Hope this helps a few people.
2021-5-1
Use props
Sinamatix
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Duane Degn Posted at 3-21 20:04
There is a button inside the controller which is pressed when the spring tension screw is all the way in. I'm guessing the firmware detects you haven't set the remote up for manual flight and warns you about it. Apparently it still lets you fly.

Did you investigate this after hearing them activate?
I heard what I thought was a switch as I tightened the F2 screw, if this is the case, why not put in the manual - "Adjust screws gently until you hear the switch activate." or have some software that shows the switch is activated, like a setting in the DJI Fly app.
2021-5-1
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
United States

Sinamatix Posted at 5-1 02:16
Did you investigate this after hearing them activate?
I heard what I thought was a switch as I tightened the F2 screw, if this is the case, why not put in the manual - "Adjust screws gently until you hear the switch activate." or have some software that shows the switch is activated, like a setting in the DJI Fly app.

"Did you investigate this after hearing them activate?"

I haven't tightened the F2 screw on my controller. I haven't flown my drone in manual mode yet. I was just guessing at the switches' purpose after taking apart my controller.

"why not put in the manual - 'Adjust screws gently until you hear the switch activate.' or have some software that shows the switch is activated, like a setting in the DJI Fly app."

Those certainly seem like reasonable suggestions to me.
2021-5-1
Use props
djiuser_4vc2UFruJTSh
New
Flight distance : 108038 ft
United States

I have the same problem and I have e calibrated the rc . Any fix yet??
2021-5-2
Use props
SadKingBilly
lvl.1

United States

I've seen this too which is what led me to this post. The drone seems to fly fine but having a nice red error message doesn't inspire confidence.
2021-5-23
Use props
djiuser_siQB2kQgAj5g
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2047454 ft
United Kingdom

If you have the F1 screw tightened all of the way, try loosening it (anti clockwise) by about half a turn or so and it should fix it.  (Turn everything on and look at the warning whilst screwing until it dissappears.)

(edit) this worked for about an hour and it temporarily came back again.
2021-5-25
Use props
dontNoahmuch
lvl.1

United States

I too get this error, but I have always assumed it was the result of having the centering disabled and the stick in some non centered position when it starts up. When I move the stick around a little, it goes away. Note that I am currently only flying in N/S mode.
2021-5-26
Use props
fans75e58f0a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2283 ft
United States

I had this problem and tried all the other solutions others offered, but they did not work.  I called tech support (giving them credit for this one).  I had earlier adjusted the sticks for manual flight, and that is when the problems happened.  I was not able to use the controller at any time in any flight mode (got the controller stick error). Here was my solution: I reset the sticks to the original factory position (I adjusted the screws so the sticks operated originally (before adjusting the screws for manual flight)).  Then I calibrated the sticks.  The sticks then worked correctly.  Then I adjusted the F2 screw for manual flight.  And the sticks now work without the error.  Pain in the rear end but worth it.
2021-5-26
Use props
fansdd466f04
lvl.1
Flight distance : 444934 ft
Vietnam

fans75e58f0a Posted at 5-26 09:15
I had this problem and tried all the other solutions others offered, but they did not work.  I called tech support (giving them credit for this one).  I had earlier adjusted the sticks for manual flight, and that is when the problems happened.  I was not able to use the controller at any time in any flight mode (got the controller stick error). Here was my solution: I reset the sticks to the original factory position (I adjusted the screws so the sticks operated originally (before adjusting the screws for manual flight)).  Then I calibrated the sticks.  The sticks then worked correctly.  Then I adjusted the F2 screw for manual flight.  And the sticks now work without the error.  Pain in the rear end but worth it.

I followed your instructions and it worked
2021-8-11
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

Same issue, and it's 100% an erroneous error as the sticks work fine but I'm tired of seeing the massive red warning banner in the lower right hand side of the display while flying. When will this be fixed DJI? Manual mode.
2021-8-12
Use props
paxxci
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6316 ft
United States

I had the same problem.
Solution:
For me, I had my screws too tight, There are two screws on each side. At first, I was only adjusting the major screw that catches your eye and aligning the sticks, and turning the controller on and it would not work. Then I started adjusting the smaller screws that are also labeled on the back. Once both were loose but stiff enough to register the controller I then turned on the controller and it worked! But you also have to make sure both sticks are perfectly centered before starting it back up otherwise you will continue to get the error message.
Recap, adjust both sets of screws, so in total 4 screws (2 on each side of the controller) then center the sticks and power on.
This worked for me hope it works for you guys!
2021-8-27
Use props
paxxci
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6316 ft
United States

adjust both sets of screws, so in total 4 screws (2 on each side of the controller) then center the sticks and power on.
2021-8-27
Use props
fans97828d9e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans75e58f0a Posted at 5-26 09:15
I had this problem and tried all the other solutions others offered, but they did not work.  I called tech support (giving them credit for this one).  I had earlier adjusted the sticks for manual flight, and that is when the problems happened.  I was not able to use the controller at any time in any flight mode (got the controller stick error). Here was my solution: I reset the sticks to the original factory position (I adjusted the screws so the sticks operated originally (before adjusting the screws for manual flight)).  Then I calibrated the sticks.  The sticks then worked correctly.  Then I adjusted the F2 screw for manual flight.  And the sticks now work without the error.  Pain in the rear end but worth it.

What is the factory position for the screws?

I've tried everything else suggested here and nothing working.

Earlier today the drone stopped responding while doing a trick... came about 1m from the ground as I stopped it with the panic button. Then even in normal mode it stopped moving forward.

I've done the calibration a million times, tried all sorts of different tightening that you would think makes sense for manual mode. Tried turning it on centered - soon as I switch to manual mode it throws the error - tried fully tightening F2 in both, a little loose, full f1, a little loose, fully loose etc etc etc, resetting the factory settings. The error goes away after a calibration or two but as soon as it powers on it comes up again.

I'm wondering if this is because of an electrical issue from using the controller for computer FPV sims - when it's plugged in and turned on, it seems to be continuously charging?
2021-8-29
Use props
djiuser_GJLRzkqhSOIE
New

United States

fans97828d9e Posted at 8-29 12:50
What is the factory position for the screws?

I've tried everything else suggested here and nothing working.
I am having similar trouble, but nobody has said anything that helped. I got the warning when I connected my controller to my FPV drone. I tried calibrating it, and my left joystick’s leftwards wasn’t able to get to 100%. This I thought meant that the sticks were not centered but they sure seem to be centered. I have not fully done everything with the f1 and f2 but the little I did do didn’t work.
2021-10-27
Use props
isuckatflying
New
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 2021-3-21 20:04

How tf did you get it apart
2022-1-20
Use props
CheatFactor
New
Flight distance : 191220 ft

Germany

the same here....

try to update the firmware. the problem was that first tray i cant update the FlySafe...
so  i let it without update....go out to fly....nothing, no start....
i can  switch the mode or i can control the gimbal, no problem, but the joysticks  are not calibrated and its impossible to calibrate it!!!
nothing works!! not in real and not in simulator....
if i try to calibrate it via googles then it  work work work and after few minutes the controller  start beebing like its not connected!
2022-1-22
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

I also have this error message, I fly in manual mode almost all the time and with the screws tightened.
A firmware update or a procedure by DJI would be greatly appreciated to fix that.
2022-1-22
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
United States

isuckatflying Posted at 1-20 09:15
How tf did you get it apart

It was pretty hard to get the controller open. There are four screws hidden under the rubber grips. Once these screws are removed the plastic shell can be pried apart with a crowbar or similarly delicate prying tool.
If I remember correctly, the rubber cubby holes for the sticks was a good place to begin to attempt to pry the pieces apart. Good luck getting the shell open without leaving a mark. I wasn't able to do it without leaving a few gashes in the plastic.
You can use the photos in this thread to help:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=238478
2022-2-3
Use props
Gumiś
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206886 ft
Czechia

Witam. U mnie w kontrolerze był inny problem. Problem polegał na starym rozwiązaniu komunikacie o kontrolera. Niewykonanie pracy lewego drążka Po próbie startu dron zachowywał się tak:
https://youtube.com/shorts/U4Tw85b0ciM
Co zrobiłem:
Otworzyłem kontroler
Zdemontowałem czujniki Halla
Wyczyściłem czujniki Halla z reszteku (klej co są przyklejone przewody do kanałów z czujnikiem Halla)
Przeprowadzona kalibracja z wielkim

jak na razie działa
2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_knNE6CaFqpwH
New

United States

CaptainChaos Posted at 2021-3-30 02:20
I cant even activate my FPV drone as the gimbal dial on the controller doesnt work.... When trying to calibrate the two sticks respond but not the dial. hence I cant fly at all. The Camera is permanently pointed to the ground Reported to DJI but they cant/wont replace it despite never having flown. I also cant buy any replacement remote anywhere...

Kinda obvious but I left the cover on the gimbal and it can’t move around to calibrate, you could check that
2022-9-25
Use props
TTV-VoidGG_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138051 ft
Philippines

Can anyone from DJI help us with this it seems like we're self diagnosing this problem. Heheh need to open this topic again because I'm facing this issue with both FPV and Avata
2022-10-17
Use props
MAF178
lvl.4
  • >>>
Kuwait

Thats because you played with the screws on the otherside of the throttle which is for the forward backward left and right .. F1 and F2 Just tighten them

If it didnt work , tighten a bit the throttle screws F1 and F2

2022-10-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules