Can't connect Phantom 4 Pro to Windows 10 PC
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8e19ce74
lvl.1

United States

I have read about every post I can find relating to this topic and nothing has resolved this issue. I use to be able to connect my phantom to my computer but I am no longer able here is what happens:

1) I connect my phantom to my computer & start up DJI Assistant 2
2) I turn on the drone
3) I hear the USB sound windows makes when a device is connected.
4) Immedietly after that, I hear the USB disconnect sound windows makes.

I have attached a picture of my device managere. My computer is a Windows 10 64bit. If anyone could help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

note (I have tried several different USB cables, the USB cable I am currently using, I am able to connect my mavic mini to on this same computer with no problem)

Device Manager

Device Manager
2021-3-17
Use props
fans8e19ce74
lvl.1

United States

2021-3-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 on again from this link for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance and thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... t-dji-2-for-phantom
2021-3-17
Use props
fans8e19ce74
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-17 19:26
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 on again from this link for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance and thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-phantom

I have already downloaded and installed the latest version, and it still didn’t work. DJI also sent me windows 10 drivers file to install and that didn’t fix it either.  I would be happy to let a DJI person remote into my pc to trouble shoot the issue if possible.
2021-3-17
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2021-3-17
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

anyway .. i woult try a reinstall , make sure THE OS tyou use , VERSION 64 BITS ETC
2021-3-17
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

If you connect your P4P usb cable to the phantom and then to the PC, turn the P4P on, open the Assistant 2 software and you should see a usb cable being inserted on the front page of the software. Make sure the usb cable is ok ....
If it does not connect then you need to uninstall the software and reinstall it with unsigned drivers allowed.
2021-3-17
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

you should allow steps ( windows firewall , etc) while install the Dji assistant 2 in you PC
2021-3-17
Use props
fans8e19ce74
lvl.1

United States

JetSam Posted at 3-17 23:03
you should allow steps ( windows firewall , etc) while install the Dji assistant 2 in you PC

I have done all that. No luck
2021-3-18
Use props
fans8e19ce74
lvl.1

United States

Tried anothe rcomputer, no luck with that either. I can not get this drone to connect to a windows computer!
2021-3-26
Use props
sinhamitk
lvl.1

India

fans8e19ce74 Posted at 3-26 12:29
Tried anothe rcomputer, no luck with that either. I can not get this drone to connect to a windows computer!

Any Success??
2021-6-17
Use props
fans8fdf69b9
lvl.1
Colombia

HAving the same problem than fans8e19ce74 , I have all my 2000$ gear and cant use it because the image wont show on the screen, it will record, and fly, but I cannot see what while flying which makes it useless...

Tried all I could find, no luck I have a nearly new Obsidian and cant use it, Anyone know what the hack is wrong with connecting to Windows/DJI assistant..

Did you find a solution @fans8e19ce74 ?
2021-7-8
Use props
fans8fdf69b9
lvl.1
Colombia

Hi there,

I have gone through so many forums and posts that I have given up getting it fixed, I have 2300$ of equipment I cannot use because I never get resolution to this exact same issue, and when I get to the stage where this post get no more answers neither from DJI or someone with a fix, it gets lost like this....

DJI can you please find a fix for this, I find it very unprofessional to have this issue for so many people who put their trust in your product and don't get an answer.... I want to keep working with DJI, but if I don't get a fix for this i will have to look elsewhere really!

How do we fix undetected drone that has no video, and we cannot change firmware to try fix this because on the 5 computers I tried it is not detected, including a mac... there must be something!

Thanks
2021-10-27
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fans8fdf69b9 Posted at 10-27 15:52
Hi there,

I have gone through so many forums and posts that I have given up getting it fixed, I have 2300$ of equipment I cannot use because I never get resolution to this exact same issue, and when I get to the stage where this post get no more answers neither from DJI or someone with a fix, it gets lost like this....

What device do you use when flying?
Can you post a screenshot of your device when drone is connected?
I don't see the need for Assistant here.
2021-10-28
Use props
fans8fdf69b9
lvl.1
Colombia

Hi there,

This is how the Drone shows in Device Manager when I connect the USB cable between the drone and the computer:

Device settings for USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\7&96f31db&0&2 were not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or ambiguous device match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&2108ad5d&0&10
Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F100
Present: false

It is also mentioned that the driver loaded is usb.inf, which looks wrong to me? The item showed in device manager is: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
2022-2-14
Use props
FasilitasKantor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127224 ft
Indonesia

maybe you can go to service center
2022-2-14
Use props
fans8fdf69b9
lvl.1
Colombia

I  would if I could, but I am up in the jungle forest of colombia and I wouldn't trust the shop if there was any near by.... :/
2022-2-15
Use props
djiuser_qCYVsbg84OSf
New

South Africa

Hello,my phantom 4 controller connecting  to the dji assistant 2 software,my drone connected perfectly fine and I was able to update properly but for some reason when i connect my controller it says (device not supported.please download the correct dji assistant in the official website product page) mind you that that is exactly where i got this software from,can anyone help please!!!
2022-7-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

djiuser_qCYVsbg84OSf Posted at 7-28 00:06
Hello,my phantom 4 controller connecting  to the dji assistant 2 software,my drone connected perfectly fine and I was able to update properly but for some reason when i connect my controller it says (device not supported.please download the correct dji assistant in the official website product page) mind you that that is exactly where i got this software from,can anyone help please!!!

https://www.dji.com/es/downloads ... t-dji-2-for-phantom
2022-7-28
Use props
CI Construction
lvl.1
United States

This may not help everyone, but....are you guys using the cord that came with your drone? When I've had this issue in the past I realized I was using a different micro-usb cord. After locating the micro-usb cord that came with the drone, DJI Assistant recognized the drone immediately.  Micro-USB cords can come in various gauges and lengths and for whatever reason the drone appears to be sensitive to that at times. Hope that helps.

Ted  
2022-11-9
Use props
Vizlab
New

Brazil

Guys, apparently I found the solution, and it doesn't make sense for me. I was having the exact same problem, tried to connect in different computers, using different USB cables and no success. Turns out the case where we store the P4P had a micro USB cable hidden and for my surprise, only this specific cable was able to connect the drone to the PC. I thought all USB cables were standardized, but apparently not, at least with DJI hardware. Hope this can help someone else.
2023-3-28
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Vizlab Posted at 3-28 10:39
Guys, apparently I found the solution, and it doesn't make sense for me. I was having the exact same problem, tried to connect in different computers, using different USB cables and no success. Turns out the case where we store the P4P had a micro USB cable hidden and for my surprise, only this specific cable was able to connect the drone to the PC. I thought all USB cables were standardized, but apparently not, at least with DJI hardware. Hope this can help someone else.

The "U" in USB is supposed to stand for Universal but some companies have yet to understand that.
2023-3-28
Use props
fanscd0d899d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22198 ft
United States

No matter what I do I cannot connect to DJI assistant.  When I plug my drone, and I hear the beat that the computer has connected to it when I hear the beep, you have a computer has dropped it.  When I first turn it on, I see unknown device in device manager I right click on it I go through the install driver, which was on another tutorial. The driver is a P”bat extension so there is no way to select it.  I have tried two different computers. I have tried my Apple iPad. Nothing will discover this drone. Is there a way I could be sent a driver specifically I’m at my wits end trying to connect this.
2023-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules