3686 9 2021-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
First Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

I put together this how-to video on setting up the DJI FPV motion controller, and included my first flight with it. It's a ton of fun, and way easier to pick up and fly than I had expected. It's remarkably intuitive and makes flying feel more natural and immersive, though it will take some getting used to for me to be completely comfortable with this input method. I do have a few complaints though, it's really easy to hit the record button by accident (hence why the footage from the drone picks up midway through the flight!), and it was pretty annoying having to bind the controller to my account and activate it. Overall though, this controller is pretty cool. I'll be making a review video about it when I've had a chance to really get to grips with it.
2021-3-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Illuminations. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video you have filmed. It is great to see you once again and thank you for your support.
2021-3-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    I think thats going to sell well.
2021-3-18
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-18 00:43
Nicely done.    I think thats going to sell well.

Thanks, it's certainly an interesting way to fly!
2021-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Illuminations Posted at 3-19 10:28
Thanks, it's certainly an interesting way to fly!

Id be too scared of crashing it.
2021-3-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very cool to see!
2021-3-22
Use props
sevenduey
lvl.1
United States

completely useless as a setup guide!
2021-7-23
Use props
CactusJackSlade
lvl.2
United States

Are you kidding me? The very first action he did was WRONG! You ALWAYS turn on the remote controller first, THEN the aircraft (unless you have the props off). This is R/C 101 basics.... and you wonder why people have fly-aways and accidents!
2021-11-23
Use props
CactusJackSlade
lvl.2
United States

You need to learn the basics of RC safety before you post videos instructing others - see my post above
2021-11-23
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CactusJackSlade Posted at 11-23 22:39
Are you kidding me? The very first action he did was WRONG! You ALWAYS turn on the remote controller first, THEN the aircraft (unless you have the props off). This is R/C 101 basics.... and you wonder why people have fly-aways and accidents!

I really don't see the issue here, and certainly not one deserving of such an explosive reaction (guess your profile pic is appropriate lol). I do typically power on the controller first, but only to save battery power in the drone, though sometimes I'll do it the opposite way so that I'm not waiting as long for it to aquire GPS, kind of depends on location, but it really doesn't matter. I also regularly power on drones on my desk with no controller attached in order to transfer files. To my knowledge there is no risk, maybe with old drones or home built FPV rigs, but I haven't flown either.
2021-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules