Will Lightbridge Interfere with Flight Controller???
1745 3 2015-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
prestigeaerial
New

United States

I am using an external 2.4Ghz receiver (X8R) connected to the A2 via S-BUS on my S900 (I am not using a Futaba so I cannot use the DESST internal receiver in the A2). I am looking at purchasing the Lightbridge but am concerned that the 2.4Ghz from the lightbridge will conflict with the 2.4Ghz of my flight control system. Is it okay to run them together or will they interfere with each other?

I know that the light bridge ground unit allows you to plug in a TX so you don't need the separate flight control receiver but I do not know if it will work with my transmitter (Taranis X9D Plus) and I also don't really want to be tethered via a training cord to the Lightbridge ground unit.

Is there a way to bind the transmitter with the Lightbridge ground unit so I don't have to be tethered to it?

Please let me know what the recommended solution is to this setup. Thanks.

Matt Johnson
2015-7-13
Use props
maloneshaun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 319262 ft
United Kingdom

You have to have trainer cable attached as your radio does not send signals to the a2 it is the lightbridge that works as the radio,you have disable the the transmitter from broadcasting 2.4 ghz from your settings hope this help explain things
2015-7-14
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

If you use LB, you need turn off  signal transmission of your controller and connect it to the ground end trainer port, control your drone through LB instead of your previous receiver, otherwisw there is interference
2015-7-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The craft that I have set up with the lightbridge and not using the it for flight control, I have switched the flight control to the DJI 5.8gHz RC TX and Receiver.  
2015-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules