Flying Distance??
679 9 2021-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
One Shot
lvl.1

Canada

I was given a Mavic Mini drone as a gift. In the specs it indicates transmission power/video transmission of 4km for the MR1SS5 model. Is this actual fact. Has anyone actually flown theirs that far away from where they are. I have gone about 600m so far, nervous about going further.

And the Mavic Mini 2 says to 10km away? That is a considerable distance.

Also do high voltage transmission lines interfer with transmission control signals at all. We have some high lines adjacent to the ranch.
2021-3-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-3-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-3-18
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Let's say ... (almost) everyone has flown 1, 2, 3 or even 5 km, but most of them don't write that ... neither do I ;-). There can of course be interference from transmitter masts, power lines, WLANs and so on, which affect the range, but this is then also displayed in the app.
2021-3-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, One Shot. Thanks for reaching out! Please be advised that the maximum flight range specification is a proxy for radio link strength and resilience, not aircraft battery capability. It only refers to the maximum, one-way flight distance, and the data was measured in an open environment without interference.
2021-3-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Also do high voltage transmission lines interfer with transmission control signals at all.
No
2021-3-18
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

Also do high voltage transmission lines interfer with transmission control signals at all. We have some high lines adjacent to the ranch.

No high voltage transmission lines don't interfer the signal to your MM. But Radio waves, distance, trees, buldings and something else because the MM only have a wireless lan connection.
2021-3-20
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

mini 2 is limited by battery. But dunhill's test in that youtbe vid could have gone a bit further because he was conservative with the outgoing trip battery rationing. So I think it could have gone out for 5km if he really pushed it and the signal would have been very good due to the 10 km transmission range. mini one certainly did 4.6km in his test but the vid feed was getting choppy. In practice I doubt anyone really wanna do complicated flight and film pattern that far.

He was in Hawaii which was pretty clean with radio interference. If you do it in a more urban area the vid becomes bad earlier. You should fly as far as you can see it with your eyes though so really the signal strength is good enough for both models.
2021-3-20
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

I flew yesterday on a river and couldn't get past 1.4km without video freezing. Also at that distance my controller connection started acting up too. Lost control briefly, then I just turned around and flew back. I still had 80% battery at 1.4km (5m30s into flight) and I started the flight with 98%. There was no obstruction between me and the Mini and it's not in an urban area but I was on a river dock.
2021-3-21
Use props
janeck_77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5151299 ft
Poland

I My farthest flight with the range extender is about 2300 m, although I think it would be possible to fly a little further.  I have the CE version, the FCC version allows flights twice as long.
2021-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules