2021-3-18
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Donut Michigan Posted at 3-18 11:41
Sorry it won’t let me update.    Push Pin

For some reason it won’t let me correct it and update it.
During any time if you tap on the map anywhere it will leave a blue push pin. Then you can rise to a safe height and fly to the push pin  and at any time you can tap somewhere else on the map and fly to that location.
Doug
2021-3-18
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My map on the Fly app allows me to tap it and leave a blue push pin. I never knew about this, so I can open the map put a push pin on somewhere I want to fly to and use it to help me navigate to that point, must try that next time I am flying.
2021-3-18
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

He has written the same a few weeks ago in these thread. I don't know why again now. But the drone doesn't fly by itself (nothing to do with waypoint mission)
2021-3-18
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jonny007 Posted at 3-18 13:52
He has written the same a few weeks ago in these thread. I don't know why again now. But the drone doesn't fly by itself (nothing to do with waypoint mission)

Changed my post. I agree it won't fly automated to the pin location, but I can put a pin as a guide and fly using the map only, maybe useful.
2021-3-18
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

jonny007 Posted at 3-18 13:52

Because it changed. Before you had to go to the icon on the map and now you just have to touch the screen.
Yes I did post this a few weeks ago. But post get lost with new post being generated and I think it is a very important aid for newbies and other that don’t know about it.
Doug
2021-3-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Donut Michigan Posted at 3-18 17:59
Because it changed. Before you had to go to the icon on the map and now you just have to touch the screen.
Yes I did post this a few weeks ago. But post get lost with new post being generated and I think it is a very important aid for newbies and other that don’t know about it.
Doug

If you use the map to change your HP than it will fly automatically (after press RTH) to the new set HP, during RTH you can edit HP again and it will fly to the new set HP, etc etc

But if you loose connection.....  ;-((

cheers
JJB
2021-3-19
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you for the concise, clear explanation JJB.
2021-3-19
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

JJB* Posted at 3-19 00:28
If you use the map to change your HP than it will fly automatically (after press RTH) to the new set HP, during RTH you can edit HP again and it will fly to the new set HP, etc etc

No, the blue pin he described has nothing to do with the HP.
2021-3-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

jonny007 Posted at 3-19 03:12
No, the blue pin he described has nothing to do with the HP.

i know, but if you want to fly 'automatically'from 1 position to another position....use change HP setting to do this.....   
2021-3-19
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 3-19 00:28

No using the Blue push pin dose not change the HP.    It’s just a marked location to fly to manually and will not RTH to the push pin locks.  It’s just a navigation aid.
Doug
2021-3-19
Use props
Owlflyer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’m not sure if I’m confused or just old, but I find these contradictions worrying, best thing I can do for now is not use the map :-)
2021-3-19
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

Owlflyer Posted at 3-19 17:10
I’m not sure if I’m confused or just old, but I find these contradictions worrying, best thing I can do for now is not use the map :-)

It’s easy. When you have the map showing find a intersection and touch it and the blue push pin appears.  Now go to a safe height and fly to that location. Touch over a friends house and push pin will appear fly there. The H  home point doesn’t change . It’s just an added nice fly app options.
2021-3-19
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

Owlflyer Posted at 3-19 17:10

It’s easy. With a full map is showing find a nearby intersection and touch it and a blue pin will show there. Now rise to a safe height and fly there. Then if you wants touch a friends house snd the blue pin will appear then fly there.
It doses not change H home point.
2021-3-19
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Maybe it's my age too! Changing the HP  and flying to it using RTH I understand perfectly. If I'm using the map and want fly to a certain point on it, why do I need a push pin, blue or any other colour. I'm using the map to fly there!
2021-3-20
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

yogi053 Posted at 3-20 00:47
Maybe it's my age too! Changing the HP  and flying to it using RTH I understand perfectly. If I'm using the map and want fly to a certain point on it, why do I need a push pin, blue or any other colour. I'm using the map to fly there!

It give you a point to fly to. That’s all. If your fine without it that’s ok.
I use mine to fly to a friends house in the middle of a subdivision. I also fly over a woods to see if my brothers in law home from his long trips and all the houses look the same. No guessing.
It also
I can pre check and place the pin before I take off and then when I take I can fly directly to it. That saves battery.
2021-3-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Donut Michigan Posted at 3-19 09:34
No using the Blue push pin dose not change the HP.    It’s just a marked location to fly to manually and will not RTH to the push pin locks.  It’s just a navigation aid.
Doug

i know....

do you know how top change your HP in flight ? if yes, than you understand my text.
Using this HP changes (in RTH mode) makes it possible to fly "automatic"

Indeed, nothing to do with you blue pin, but a reaction on automatic...
cheers
JJB
2021-3-20
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Donut Michigan Posted at 3-20 01:01
It give you a point to fly to. That’s all. If your fine without it that’s ok.
I use mine to fly to a friends house in the middle of a subdivision. I also fly over a woods to see if my brothers in law home from his long trips and all the houses look the same. No guessing.
It also

That is understood.To each their own! Stay safe!
2021-3-20
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 3-20 01:14
i know....

do you know how top change your HP in flight ? if yes, than you understand my text.

Also understood it is a direct line to new HP. It is good in a way that we all don't act and think in the same way. Always room for new ideas and methods of operating our machines. Stay safe!
2021-3-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

yogi053 Posted at 3-20 05:19
Also understood it is a direct line to new HP. It is good in a way that we all don't act and think in the same way. Always room for new ideas and methods of operating our machines. Stay safe!

thanks, but ofcourse not a serious option....if contact is lost than it will fly to the latest set HP...

But DJI can change this in the FlyApp code, add an additional "point-to-fly-to"....(analog top the new HP setting).
2021-3-20
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 811788 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 3-20 06:07
thanks, but ofcourse not a serious option....if contact is lost than it will fly to the latest set HP...

Lots of things they could change in their code. Many ideas for a better app have been posted here.
2021-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules