DJI Fly app - Missing the direction arrow at the bottom of screen
10041 23 2021-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonathan_048
lvl.1
United States

Hi all. Newbie here.

I have the Mini 2. Firmware just updated to V01.02.0300.

I don't have the directional arrow at the bottom of the app that would indicate which way the drone is facing. Is there a setting that i'm missing? I feel this is a crucial piece when flying long enough distance to where I would lose site of the drone itself and rely on camera flight only.

Any help would be amazing, thanks!
drone dji fly image.JPG
drone dji fly image.JPG
2021-3-18
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

That is the old firmware, bottom left tap icon, then tap arrow at corner
2021-3-18
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Jonathan, no offence but seriously, have you been living under a rock for the past month or 2? This topic has been discussed in multiple threads over the past month at least. Perhaps don't be lazy and use the search function instead of starting yet another thread on something that has been discussed here, and on the internet, adnaseum. Its not difficult to search Google you do know?
2021-3-18
Use props
Jonathan_048
lvl.1
United States

videoeditman Posted at 3-18 12:04
That is the old firmware, bottom left tap icon, the tap arrow at corner

Thank you!

And sorry for duplications. I did scroll through threads and eventually gave up when I couldn't find anything.
Again, throwing out my newbie hall pass request as I just bought this drone 6 days ago and joined this site today.
2021-3-18
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

I think your flyapp is too old, when you still see the "old compass" ? Post #16 with a good video in thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=232677
2021-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jonathan_048. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As posted by videoeditman on post #2 is was moved to the lower left-hand corner of the screen. In addition to this I will also post a DJI Forum link with regards to this matter as well. Thank you and fly safe always.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233354

2021-3-18
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Biggest mistakes why this happens are coming directly from DJI

1. Google App store does not include the latest version, so auto updates don't work *shame on you DJI*
2. I think the DJI app does not check for a new newer version on the DJI servers - only firmware is checked (I never got an update information)

Please check those issues DJI
2021-3-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-3-19
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Don't trust the direction, unless you are lucky and your controller doesn't affect the compass. In the Mini 1 at least this is an issue with some phones. Relative direction on the map seems the safest option if you do have compass errors. You'll be old hat at this in no time :-) It's a great hobby can be a bit of baptism by fire here but you learn fast :-)
2021-3-19
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

One thing I don't understand about the "new" compass, is why it starts out as a postage stamp sized icon which shows nothing.

You have to touch this to open the small map.. And then touch the bottom right hand button of that map to get the "compass" view.

So why does it start with that little icon which shows nothing? It could be argued that its to "declutter" the screen during take-off.. But if thats the case, why can't you get back to that icon again?

Once you have clicked it, you either have the map or the compass at the bottom right.. So why doesn't the app start showing one of these 2 bits of info?
2021-3-19
Use props
Jonathan_048
lvl.1
United States

Just wanting to say thank you to all the responders above. Also for being patient. Brand new to the drone world, and even newer to the forum...but getting it very quickly!

I have fallen absolutely in love with the new hobby (have a feeling my girlfriend is going to get jealous) and LOVE my Mini 2! Great start for my newbie status to kick it off.

Thanks again all!
2021-3-19
Use props
CiNCeRe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 566713 ft
Canada

Seeing as how you took the time out of your day to chastise this man for “living under a rock” allow me to get back at ya.

Unfortunately not aloof us are die hard losers who hang out on message boards waiting to be a douche when someone asks a question.
Maybe this guy unlike yourself has a life worth living and doesn’t use it religiously.
And like he said. He’s a beginner. Why don’t you get on your DJI app and fly the f**k off
2021-5-31
Use props
CiNCeRe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 566713 ft
Canada

BaliSkies Posted at 3-18 12:32
Jonathan, no offence but seriously, have you been living under a rock for the past month or 2? This topic has been discussed in multiple threads over the past month at least. Perhaps don't be lazy and use the search function instead of starting yet another thread on something that has been discussed here, and on the internet, adnaseum. Its not difficult to search Google you do know?
Seeing as how you took the time out of your day to chastise this man for “living under a rock” allow me to get back at ya.

Unfortunately not all of us are die hard losers who hang out on message boards waiting to be a douche when someone asks a question.
Maybe this guy unlike yourself has a life worth living and doesn’t use it religiously.
And I also noticed you like to just shoot your mouth off without giving the answer proving your nothing but a troll.
Also like he said. He’s a beginner. Why don’t you get on your DJI app and fly the f**k off
2021-5-31
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

No offence but seriously, it took you longer to type out your whiny complaint to him then it would have to simply answer his question.
Do a search for the term "ass**t".  It's not difficult.

2021-5-31
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jonathan, no offence but seriously, have you been living under a rock for the past month or 2? This topic has been discussed in multiple threads over the past month at least. Perhaps don't be lazy and use the search function instead of starting yet another thread on something that has been discussed here, and on the internet, adnaseum. Its not difficult to search Google you do know?

Wow, I hope you never need any help here again.
2021-5-31
Use props
djiuser_MdQPGe5qc7zl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119209 ft
Canada

videoeditman Posted at 3-18 12:04
That is the old firmware, bottom left tap icon, then tap arrow at corner

So you now need internet connectiin? Since you need internet for the map and its now on the map.
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_MdQPGe5qc7zl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119209 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-18 20:38
Hello there Jonathan_048. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As posted by videoeditman on post #2 is was moved to the lower left-hand corner of the screen. In addition to this I will also post a DJI Forum link with regards to this matter as well. Thank you and fly safe always.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233354

So, do we need internet connection? I dont jave map acces unless i am connected to internet.
2021-6-10
Use props
fans3adefbcf
New

United States

I just got my mini also, and was struggling to find it also… and then ya-da, last night I was just goofing with app and ‘accidentally’ swiped instead of tapped on the right corner of the map in the lower left corner and found the directional arrow! If you look at the lower left corner and see the map icon, tap once to open that. Look in the lower right corner of the map and you’ll see a tiny compass arrow. I kept tapping it with no luck but instead, swipe the right edge of the map and ta-da, you’ll see the arrow that used to be in the middle, that shows direction and yaw etc. A lot of tutorial videos from DJI I’ve watched don’t yet have that arrow. Must be an update! Also, note that it stays in the lower left corner when selected and you can minimize by tapping on it to see your full screen again. Hope this helps from a fellow ‘newbie’!
2022-1-13
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

2022-1-13
Use props
Jonathan_048
lvl.1
United States

fans3adefbcf Posted at 1-13 07:37
I just got my mini also, and was struggling to find it also… and then ya-da, last night I was just goofing with app and ‘accidentally’ swiped instead of tapped on the right corner of the map in the lower left corner and found the directional arrow! If you look at the lower left corner and see the map icon, tap once to open that. Look in the lower right corner of the map and you’ll see a tiny compass arrow. I kept tapping it with no luck but instead, swipe the right edge of the map and ta-da, you’ll see the arrow that used to be in the middle, that shows direction and yaw etc. A lot of tutorial videos from DJI I’ve watched don’t yet have that arrow. Must be an update! Also, note that it stays in the lower left corner when selected and you can minimize by tapping on it to see your full screen again. Hope this helps from a fellow ‘newbie’!

Thanks for this. Yes, I literally had flown maybe once or twice at that time when I posted this. Much has changed since then!

Welcome and thank you!
2022-1-13
Use props
JosCline
lvl.3
United States

LeChuck71 Posted at 2021-3-18 22:41
Biggest mistakes why this happens are coming directly from DJI

1. Google App store does not include the latest version, so auto updates don't work *shame on you DJI*

Just wait until you are in a hurry to get your drone into the air... then the app will want to update... and will not allow you to do any flying until it is updated! just saying! ...happens every time!
2022-6-15
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Jonathan_048 Posted at 2021-3-18 13:02
Thank you!

And sorry for duplications. I did scroll through threads and eventually gave up when I couldn't find anything.

At the top of the FORUM you can choose what bases you want to be in, but ALSO there IS a SEARCH function, to use it type in what you are looking for, then click the search button near it, just hitting ENTER  does NOT work with it.  I have Mini2 as well and my update is "   01.01.0064 " and there is a NEW up available NOW.  Make sure craft and Remote Controller, as well as anything else you use is charged up, to las a while.  Fun awaits
2022-6-15
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

fans3adefbcf Posted at 1-13 07:37
I just got my mini also, and was struggling to find it also… and then ya-da, last night I was just goofing with app and ‘accidentally’ swiped instead of tapped on the right corner of the map in the lower left corner and found the directional arrow! If you look at the lower left corner and see the map icon, tap once to open that. Look in the lower right corner of the map and you’ll see a tiny compass arrow. I kept tapping it with no luck but instead, swipe the right edge of the map and ta-da, you’ll see the arrow that used to be in the middle, that shows direction and yaw etc. A lot of tutorial videos from DJI I’ve watched don’t yet have that arrow. Must be an update! Also, note that it stays in the lower left corner when selected and you can minimize by tapping on it to see your full screen again. Hope this helps from a fellow ‘newbie’!

Wow, thanks for the information, things are changing so fast for the Mini2 and also the Smart Controller.
2022-6-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JosCline Posted at 6-15 07:22
Just wait until you are in a hurry to get your drone into the air... then the app will want to update... and will not allow you to do any flying until it is updated! just saying! ...happens every time!

I am still on ver 1.5.9, not forcing me to update diddly ;)
2022-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules