V2 Goggles FPV Activation Issue
16383 36 2021-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spangler
lvl.1

United States

DJI seems to have changed the firmware update to gear only to the BNF package.

FPV V2 owners without a DJI drone cannot activate are currently holding a $900 paper weight until DJI issues new firmware to correct, after waiting weeks for it to arrive.

ANY NEWS OUT THERE??
2021-3-18
Use props
sideburn01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689610 ft
United States

Cyclone FPV is passing around a gutted drone that people can use to active their goggles.

Info-> https://youtu.be/1gsNkErZq8Y
2021-3-18
Use props
Ronny G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2177605 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I HAVE the Fpv drone and can´t activate eather. I have tried with different IOS and android units, with DJI Assistant with the magic DJI login and downgraded etc. but after 3 days of trying everything on the net about this the goggles still not activated, what a piece of sh*t
2021-3-20
Use props
fans047f273f
lvl.1

United States

I found this from another website and it worked.

I found this at another site and it worked.

The key is to use the DJI email and password in the DJI assistant to back date your firmware, but change it back to your info before the actual activation process starts.

2. Download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (FPV Series) V2.1.0 from official website
Account: DJI_aftersales @outlook.com (remove space)
Password: DJI123456

2. Go to Settings in DJI Assistant 2, and enable the first two options, “DJI Account Information” and “DJI Device Information”.
3. Connect DJI FPV Goggles V2 to the DA2 software, enter firmware update page and update to V00.05.1086
4. Enter goggles Setting- About- Switch to DJI FPV digital system, click “OK” and reboot.
5. There would be a notice of activation from goggles screen.
6. Connect DJI FPV Goggles V2 to the DA2 software, there would be a notice of activation from DA2, and follow the activation instruction. I had to unplug and replug on the DA2 Software twice before it gave me the “Activation option”
2021-3-20
Use props
fans047f273f
lvl.1

United States

I would insert a step

3.5: Once firmware is installed/back dated to V00.05.1086 disconnect the goggles from the DA2 and  log-out of the DJI aftersales account and back into your email  and password in the DA2 account.

7: Once activated on your DA2 aacount you can now safely upgrade to the latest firmware version.
2021-3-20
Use props
kappadij
New

United States

i just tried this ^ and  V00.05.1086 is not available on this login.... or am i missing something?
2021-3-20
Use props
fans047f273f
lvl.1

United States

WOW!

I just tried  the DJ afterhours login and the older firmware option is now gone!

Obviously DJI reads this forum and stopped it, really nice of them.....
2021-3-20
Use props
djiuser_aPToBuM1kqUG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

kappadij Posted at 3-20 13:19
i just tried this ^ and  V00.05.1086 is not available on this login.... or am i missing something?

not available for me either. 00.05.1806 was but did not allow the goggles to be changed to standalone system. What a waste of money these goggles have been.

We need a fix DJI for goggles to be activated and used with air units/vistas
2021-3-21
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft
United States

Yep same issues here. I put in a support ticket so we'll see how long it'll take to get a generic response. I have the drone and still cannot do anything with it. I will say however in addition to doing the steps above I know some people mentioned having success with charging their batteries to full. I haven't had any luck with that but just an idea for anybody still looking for possible fixes. Come on DJI ... at least post something and let us know what's going on.
2021-3-21
Use props
fans047f273f
lvl.1

United States

Your fastest solution may be to contact a local drone shop or club  and find someone with a DJI fly system drone.
If you can bind with an existing DJI Fly system drone you are all set to activate and it will work with your new drone too.

...I can see a flurry of new FPV V2 owners forced into ordering a DJI FLy system drone on Amazon, binding the goggles for activation, then sending the DJI Fly back to Amazon....LOL

2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_aPToBuM1kqUG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans047f273f Posted at 3-21 08:23
Your fastest solution may be to contact a local drone shop or club  and find someone with a DJI fly system drone.
If you can bind with an existing DJI Fly system drone you are all set to activate and it will work with your new drone too.

or DJI could just fix the situation with firmware that works. These goggles were for sale in January this year and they dont work mid march?
2021-3-21
Use props
fans047f273f
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_aPToBuM1kqUG Posted at 3-21 09:10
or DJI could just fix the situation with firmware that works. These goggles were for sale in January this year and they dont work mid march?

The goggles work.
If the owner binds the goggles and activates them prior to updating firmware there is no problem.

Updating the firmware prior to activation forces the goggles owner to only be able to activate by binding to a DJI Fly system drone. Once activated the goggles will work with the air unit as intended. Getting activated is required and not possible without a DJI Fly system drone to bind with once the current (dated 2.25.2021) version of firmware is installed.

Previous versions of the firmware allowed activating with the air unit as well as the DJI Fly.

I am thinking they may have discovered a security glitch for hackers and ended the ability.....

2021-3-21
Use props
fans210afeae
lvl.1

United States

$1,300 paperweight . Sending back to Amazon. Can’t activate, can’t update.
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_aPToBuM1kqUG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans047f273f Posted at 3-21 10:00
The goggles work.
If the owner binds the goggles and activates them prior to updating firmware there is no problem.

myself like a lot of people on the internet are sitting with goggles that do nothing. The goggles were sold as standalone and do not work.
2021-3-21
Use props
Paul T.
lvl.1
Russia

I finally discovered working solution to get the ability to switch the goggles v2 to FPV mode.
Tried it twice on different combo-goggles from different stores (Russia and China). Worked fine.
Couldn't even activate it without the drone. Tried everything - still no option.

What I did to get it back:
1. Connected the goggles to PC, DJI Assistant 2 FPV DJI (logged in with my own account, not DJI_aftersales). (goggles still not activated, no switch option)
2. Updated firmware to the latest 01.01.0000 (for today).
3. Unpluged it and connect to DJI Fly mobile app (logged in with my own account), goggles icon appears on the right bottom corner.
4. Started the FPV drone (friend's one) and bound it to my goggles. Activate process started and done successfully (there was some network errors, but finally got through after 10-15 tries).
5. Connected the goggles (activated and bounded to the drone) to PC again, and unlocked the drone following the steps on https://b3yond.d3vl.com/ (it's for free).
6. Rebooted the goggles. Done! There is option to switch to FPV.
7. Bought these guys a coffee. They're awesome!

As I understood from the site, this hack sends a command to DJI FPV Drone that changes its region to US, unlocking full radio power on the drone (from 25mw to 1400mw).
That's why people in US don't have this issue with disappeared option to switch to FPV mode.

Long story short, if you have fpv drone, you just have to unlock it on d3vl site.
And if you don't have one, you have to find someone who has, bind his drone to your goggles, activate the goggles and unlock the drone.

But keep in mind, connecting your drone back to DJI Fly App will reset the region on your DJI FPV Drone to its default.

Hope this will help.
2021-4-1
Use props
Moetop
lvl.1

United States

Paul T. Posted at 4-1 06:24
I finally discovered working solution to get the ability to switch the goggles v2 to FPV mode.
Tried it twice on different combo-goggles from different stores (Russia and China). Worked fine.
Couldn't even activate it without the drone. Tried everything - still no option.

Unfortunately this is not a solution for people who don't have access to a drone.
2021-4-1
Use props
TFD655321
lvl.1

United States

I bought the V2 Goggles and Remote Control 2 planning on using the DJI simulator to get some practice before purchasing the actual drone. I have been trying to figure out how to be able to do that for two days now and have found that there are many people that are also having issues activating the hardware that they purchased. I don't want to have to return the items, but without someway to actually use them I don't think DJI is leaving me any choice in the matter.
2021-4-3
Use props
Redark1
New

United States

fans047f273f Posted at 3-21 10:00
The goggles work.

Actually that's not true, i couldn't activate mine and didn't even try to update them before doing anything else.

for now i have sent them to one of the fpv dealers in the US and there going to activate them for me with one of the drones. I cant find anyone in my city with one to help me.
2021-4-7
Use props
aboulicot
New

France

Paul T. Posted at 4-1 06:24
Tried it twice on different combo-goggles from different stores (Russia and China). Worked fine.

Hello,
I have both, a fpv drone with the combo that I have activated whithout any problem, and goggles V2 that Bought for my other drones with air units.
After I activate the three parts of the FPV, I wanted to activate The V2 stand alone Goggles and the system ask me to activate it with the combo and DJI Fly as I have done first with the combo.
The problem is that it's not possible to do it.
I have upgraded the soft ware to the last version but no proposition to shift to Digital FPV because the goggles are not activated.
If somebody have a solution to do it? Thank you
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_dKAstE4GXaaq
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,

I am one of the unfortunate people who got goggles which are completely unusable and pretty much DOA because DJI can´t make a software fix.

Bought mine pre-activated pulled from a dji fpv set. I can downgrade and upgrade with the dji_aftersales@outlook.com account. But I can´t press any button and I'm stuck one the "goggles need a update" warning...
This should be a simple fix with DJI´s development department.

any suggestions ? Would hate to send them to dji and wait a couple of weeks.....

1000 bucks of equipment laying around ^^
2021-4-13
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_dKAstE4GXaaq Posted at 4-13 09:47
Hello,

I am one of the unfortunate people who got goggles which are completely unusable and pretty much DOA because DJI can´t make a software fix.

If you connect them to Assistant 2 you 'should' be able to update the firmware from there.
2021-4-13
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aboulicot@icloud.com Posted at 4-8 08:31
Hello,
I have both, a fpv drone with the combo that I have activated whithout any problem, and goggles V2 that Bought for my other drones with air units.
After I activate the three parts of the FPV, I wanted to activate The V2 stand alone Goggles and the system ask me to activate it with the combo and DJI Fly as I have done first with the combo.

I managed to activate my standalone goggles by linking them to my activated FPV drone (Used with the set that came with them)  Once Linked I used the Fly App to activate the goggles and updated the firmware, then switched them to DJI Digital FPV System.

Worked no problem at all, once I linked them to my existing drone.

DJI need to change the Flay App to allow the goggles to be activated as a standalone device, currently if you have un-activated V2 goggles that were originally destined for the FPV Drone you have to connect them to an FPV drone to activate them.

It does not matter if the drone has previously been activated but you do have to connect the goggles to an FPV drone to activate.
I suspect that at the factory there has been two factory default programs, one that initially boots to FPV Drone & one that boots to FPV Digital System, the latter activates using Assistant 2 the former uses the Fly App. Whatever communications broke down within the production process a fix would be good sooner rather than later.

I have used this method twice now, it works every time.
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_dKAstE4GXaaq
lvl.1

Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 4-13 10:16
If you connect them to Assistant 2 you 'should' be able to update the firmware from there.

Yes, I am able to upate and downgrade with the Dji Assistant 2 application. But on either firmware I´m unable to press ok on the red message "you need to update". So no controll after updating, and in the goggles it shows that the firmware is old even tho its on the newest version (01.01.0000).
2021-4-14
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_dKAstE4GXaaq Posted at 4-14 01:10
Yes, I am able to upate and downgrade with the Dji Assistant 2 application. But on either firmware I´m unable to press ok on the red message "you need to update". So no controll after updating, and in the goggles it shows that the firmware is old even tho its on the newest version (01.01.0000).

Ah, I had exactly the same issue with the Motion Controller when I bought it. I updated the firmware using Assistant, then when I went to fly the goggles message said it needed to be updated.

The only solution was to connect the goggles to the Fly App, this 'fixed' the problem as soon as it saw the motion controller.

Seems to be another bug in the Assistant App that syncs the 'you need to update flag'
2021-4-14
Use props
FixTheSoftware
lvl.1

Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 4-14 02:19
Ah, I had exactly the same issue with the Motion Controller when I bought it. I updated the firmware using Assistant, then when I went to fly the goggles message said it needed to be updated.

The only solution was to connect the goggles to the Fly App, this 'fixed' the problem as soon as it saw the motion controller.

This should be only a couple hours of work to release a version for the DJI_aftersales account which deactivates the message or something like this. I guess the customers which didn´t get the FPV set are not that important because of the money.

Just opend my case to send it back to "repair". But guess what in their conditions which you have to check they wrote that they are not eligible for damages during shipping. Now I´m waiting for dji to clarify if the package will be send with insurance or not ^^ Just such a lengthy process, it´s ridiculous

"Our developers..... no option.... have to go back....". The exact same problem exists for weeks now and Dji can't or won't fix it, that is just sad. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=237229&pid=2442470

Well lets see what will happen.....
2021-4-14
Use props
IPvFletch
lvl.1

United States

I'm not sure if mine are activated or not. Here's how it went:
- Purchased DJI Goggles V2 off Amazon, not the whole FPV kit
- Paired fine with my Caddx Vista Pro instantly, and works great!
- Menus show most things disabled, such as mW, thermal option, basically almost everything, even formatting the SD card- I launched DJI Assistant 2 FPV series and it prompted me to Activate - I did - then I was able to upgrade to the latest firmware
- Now DJI FPV mode shows up. But I don't think that's what I want - I have booted into FPV mode and was unable to change Protocol, or pair with my Caddx, and also FPV mode's menus are very crippled too.. so went back to Digital system mode but it's still crippled.

How do I enable all of the menu items????

I have also tried the D3VL guys hack, but it made no difference.
2021-5-11
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

My new goggles are stuck on the select language screen. Menu buttons will not work..... Has camera image when first booted, then goes to the setup screen...select language. English has a green check, but yellow horizontal box is at the top, and you can't make it move. Back button also dead.
2021-5-12
Use props
fans72ac0b8b
New

United States

cootertwo Posted at 5-12 14:46
My new goggles are stuck on the select language screen. Menu buttons will not work..... Has camera image when first booted, then goes to the setup screen...select language. English has a green check, but yellow horizontal box is at the top, and you can't make it move. Back button also dead.

I'm stuck in the same boat.  Stuck on the language screen and nothing.  Updated firmware on windows a few times (OS X not working well for Assistant 2).  Connected to iPhone and Note with Fly app, nothing!  Just bought this thing yesterday and wondering if I just need to bring it back and wait for this product to work a bit better.
2021-6-4
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

fans72ac0b8b Posted at 6-4 06:44
I'm stuck in the same boat.  Stuck on the language screen and nothing.  Updated firmware on windows a few times (OS X not working well for Assistant 2).  Connected to iPhone and Note with Fly app, nothing!  Just bought this thing yesterday and wondering if I just need to bring it back and wait for this product to work a bit better.

Just to be clear, do you have the new FPV drone combo or just the V2 goggles by themselves?
If you just have the goggles, you probably want to return them unless you can find someone with a drone to help.

It's so dumb if this is still a problem. DJI has really dropped the ball on this issue if V2 goggles can't be activated without a FPV drone.
2021-6-4
Use props
Capblack
lvl.2

Israel

Unfortunately I have the same problem. An aliexpress business "EasyFlyStore" sent me some goggles without their original box and activated for drone.
Since DJI does not give us a solution, the only thing I can do is open a case in PayPal and try to get my money back, I hope that when DJI starts to lose money with this they will hurry to offer a solution
2021-6-17
Use props
djiuser_yC06C1xkvz3Y
New

United States

I just received the DJI V2 goggles. Tried the alternative log-in method. DID NOT WORK!!! These things are JUNK. Going back to retailer. DO NOT PURCHASE this product. Spread the word. Maybe DJI will get the message.
2021-6-19
Use props
Capblack
lvl.2

Israel

Capblack Posted at 6-17 14:47
Unfortunately I have the same problem. An aliexpress business "EasyFlyStore" sent me some goggles without their original box and activated for drone.
Since DJI does not give us a solution, the only thing I can do is open a case in PayPal and try to get my money back, I hope that when DJI starts to lose money with this they will hurry to offer a solution

Found the solution

for those who do not see the option "switch to digital fpv" or firmware V01.00.0606
Several countries is restricted the use of fpv in 5.8Ghz that is what happened with my googles did not appear the option "switch to digital fpv" after changing my location to USA also appeared firmware V01.00.0606
2021-6-23
Use props
djiuser_BR04jFOeJTQZ
lvl.1

Norway

Im just curious if you guys ever found a fix? I got the error 41005 on my macbook air m1 fixed it by using windows 10 dji assistant 2 fpv series hope that can help! Ps also mine wouldnt connect to a drone without the activation..
2021-7-1
Use props
djiuser_ukcK5LiCzA4C
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

On my goggles v2 activation is not allowed im done all steps and there is no option in about settings "switch to fpv system" can someone help
2021-9-10
Use props
djiuser_ukcK5LiCzA4C
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

On my goggles v2 activation is not allowed im done all steps and there is no option in about settings "switch to fpv system" can someone help
2021-9-10
Use props
djiuser_ukcK5LiCzA4C
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Capblack Posted at 6-23 21:09
Found the solution

for those who do not see the option "switch to digital fpv" or firmware V01.00.0606

How to change location?
2021-9-10
Use props
zahi.m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15387 ft
United States

Capblack Posted at 2021-6-23 21:09
Found the solution

please,How to change location?
2022-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules