12Next >
11996 58 2021-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZfRobgmIYWBP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333071 ft
United States

Is there a way to enable the top speed  (87MPH) of the Drone in Sport mode instead of switching to Manual mode? If not, the option to Bind the C1 Custom button to Sports Plus mode would be a great addition for the people who don't want to learn Acro to be able to go as fast as possible.
2021-3-18
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

learn acro, a day in the simulator you will have way better control than starting. in a week youll be in the sky

I downloaded the simulator and played with an xbox controller for 2 weeks prior to geting mine in the mail, helped tremendously!
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_ZfRobgmIYWBP
lvl.1
United States

I was hoping to do the same thing unfortunately, the DJI Sim doesn't work on Android Phones and Alternative Sim options are not able to run smoothly on my laptop.
2021-3-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.   
2021-3-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_ZfRobgmIYWBP. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the DJI FPV is limited to 3 modes (Normal, Sports, and Manual) but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV. Thanks for your continued support!
2021-3-19
Use props
djiuser_1RfSFUQKVktR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1681952 ft
United States

I agree.  I would love to have a "Sport+" mode that allows the Drone to achieve 87mph without having to enable Manual.  
2021-3-22
Use props
fans2eeacffe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1136460 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is a great idea. I don't see myself going into manual mode to do the tricks and all. I like the FPV experience in Normal and Sport Mode. I don't want full manual control just to go faster when Sport Plus Mode custom button would be just fine for me.
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_ZfRobgmIYWBP
lvl.1
United States

Is there a way to submit a formal feature request to DJI for the Sport Plus mode?
2021-3-22
Use props
MCWH7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm missing something, why not just fly in manual?
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_ZfRobgmIYWBP
lvl.1
United States

I like the flight characteristics of sport mode It's very easy to control at high speeds. I'm not interested in free style flight I don't want to put in 10+ hours in a simulator just to be able to go as fast as possible.
2021-3-22
Use props
MCWH7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ZfRobgmIYWBP Posted at 3-22 12:14
I like the flight characteristics of sport mode It's very easy to control at high speeds. I'm not interested in free style flight I don't want to put in 10+ hours in a simulator just to be able to go as fast as possible.

Manual Mode with Attitude Limit will get you the speed without some of the risks of putting it into Acro
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_ZfRobgmIYWBP
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a shot.
2021-3-22
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

Attitude Limit is enabled by default, so even if you go into Manual mode the first time, you still can't do rolls or loops unless you turn off the Attitude Limiter. They basically put in two layers of safety in regards to Manual mode. Also, the brake/hover button works just dandy in Manual mode too, so really 3 layers of safety.
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_8Z6jq1jOlV7A
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-19 23:34
Hi, djiuser_ZfRobgmIYWBP. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the DJI FPV is limited to 3 modes (Normal, Sports, and Manual) but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV. Thanks for your continued support!

Also in the motion controller.
2021-3-23
Use props
alex_bogdi1988
lvl.4
Flight distance : 631312 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 for the Sport Plus mode!
2021-3-24
Use props
Christophedub49
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3205925 ft
  • >>>
France

djiuser_8Z6jq1jOlV7A Posted at 3-23 20:25
Also in the motion controller.

Hello,
Yes, I am also interesting with this Sport+ mode, for remote and motion controllers.
But not excluded from DJI Care Refresh!
Best regards
2021-3-24
Use props
djiuser_I3M6hZ7gUVWt
New

Australia

MCWH7 Posted at 3-22 12:02

Yes, you are missing something.
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_cthupfq7h67a
New

Israel

Please dji make this happen!
I dont like tricks, i love me more speed!

Thank you
2021-4-17
Use props
djiuser_cthupfq7h67a
New

Israel

Great idea please please please
2021-4-17
Use props
djiuser_SaRBTmkEbcDi
lvl.1

United States

Please dji
2021-5-14
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_cthupfq7h67a Posted at 4-17 14:59
Please dji make this happen!
I dont like tricks, i love me more speed!

Then use manual mode but don’t turn off attitude limiter
2021-5-15
Use props
djiuser_hxQscLQ4KJog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 301795 ft
United States

how can you use M limiter in the sim. When I adjust my gains I cant find the M limiter like I can in the FPV manu.
2021-5-29
Use props
djiuser_hxQscLQ4KJog
lvl.2
United States

This is a good idea because flying in manaul mode is really hard! A SPORT + mode would be cool with the computer assisted controls. Flying in M mode is really hard
2021-5-29
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15561 ft
United States

Hell yea! When I was in sports mode thinking it was going to go 80+ I was really upset. I’m too paranoid to go manual and destroy this.

But I would love this to do 80 just in sport!!!

DJI please consider this as I know it is not a difficult thing to do for your team. You guys have done more than that.

2021-5-29
Use props
Stellios
lvl.2
United States

how can we get someone from DJI to comment on this idea????!!!!!
2021-6-1
Use props
Stellios
lvl.2
United States

Can you setup another thread with a "vote"? And lets see how many people will vote for SPORT PLUS MODE
2021-6-2
Use props
Stellios
lvl.2
United States

Can we hurry up with this Sport plus mode please... I just crashed and destroyed my drone in a TREE flying manual mode. After weeks on the sim I thought I was ready for the real thing but I guess not. I mean its 2021 and we have cars that drive themselves can we please have a manual mode with a little assistant's from the drones CPU please.  
2021-6-4
Use props
Stellios
lvl.2
United States

2021-6-6
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Stellios Posted at 6-4 23:48
Can we hurry up with this Sport plus mode please... I just crashed and destroyed my drone in a TREE flying manual mode. After weeks on the sim I thought I was ready for the real thing but I guess not. I mean its 2021 and we have cars that drive themselves can we please have a manual mode with a little assistant's from the drones CPU please.

Manual mode is an expert mode. If you haven't got lots of experience or haven't put in 40+ hours in a sim, then you aren't ready. Once it clicks, then flying manual isn't that hard.
2021-6-9
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1313871 ft
Poland

KerryG Posted at 6-9 13:45
Manual mode is an expert mode. If you haven't got lots of experience or haven't put in 40+ hours in a sim, then you aren't ready. Once it clicks, then flying manual isn't that hard.

Exactly. First few flips cost me a lot stress until I saw that nothing wrong happend and I'm on the same height after all.  It could be done just like that. Just reduce throttle when you are upsidedown to slow down falling...  

By the way, today i have decided to waste one battery to fly S mode. Althought that was nice cruise (because of view) was a little bit boring.  In my humble opinion M comes from word Must.

And simple small advice - at the beginning you can keep on 100m and keep finger on panic (stop) button. Crash will happen when you overestimate your skills and you get flying 10m or less between trees... Just keep high/safe at the beginning.
2021-6-10
Use props
Stellios
lvl.2
United States

stah Posted at 6-10 09:23
Exactly. First few flips cost me a lot stress until I saw that nothing wrong happend and I'm on the same height after all.  It could be done just like that. Just reduce throttle when you are upsidedown to slow down falling...  

By the way, today i have decided to waste one battery to fly S mode. Althought that was nice cruise (because of view) was a little bit boring.  In my humble opinion M comes from word Must.
I was flying low and It was DARK as I went to pull up I thought I was going into the dark sky but as I got closer it was a tree branch lol

Not a big fan of tumbles and flips. I like hugging turns and going fast around obstacles and doing crazy noise dives or fly real low and fast and then pull up like a fighter jet. FPV is probably the closet ill get to being “Top Gun” aka tom cruise feeling
2021-6-13
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

MCWH7 Posted at 3-22 12:02

Manual mode is difficult without putting the time and effort. Many of us, including me simply want the FPV without the complexity of flight.
2021-6-17
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Poland

Romonaga Posted at 6-17 13:06
Manual mode is difficult without putting the time and effort. Many of us, including me simply want the FPV without the complexity of flight.

But ... if you ever try, there will be no going back. The M offers so much more and IMHO is worth it.
2021-6-17
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
United States

stah Posted at 6-17 14:07
But ... if you ever try, there will be no going back. The M offers so much more and IMHO is worth it.

I suspect out are correct, the issue is time spent I sim is less timei have to fly.   I died try the sim for about 1hour and i could not even achive level flight.   Some of us just want to fly and leave the fancy stuff for the cool kids
2021-6-17
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Poland

Romonaga Posted at 6-17 15:40
I suspect out are correct, the issue is time spent I sim is less timei have to fly.   I died try the sim for about 1hour and i could not even achive level flight.   Some of us just want to fly and leave the fancy stuff for the cool kids

so i'm 50+ years old cool kid. Thank you so much.
Really a good compliment at this age.
2021-6-17
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
United States

stah Posted at 6-17 21:19
so i'm 50+ yers old cool kid. Thank you so much.
Really a good compliment at this age.

Yes, it is. Sitting here at 57, going on 58.  I agree.
2021-6-18
Use props
djiuser_EqwHcCKsiET5
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-19 23:34
Hi, djiuser_ZfRobgmIYWBP. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the DJI FPV is limited to 3 modes (Normal, Sports, and Manual) but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI FPV. Thanks for your continued support!

Any update on this? This would be a great feature to implement a lot of people are wanting. Maybe just a speed limiter for S mode in the firmware. Max speed would be amazing with the control logic in S mode! Please make this happen!
2021-6-20
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15561 ft
United States

+ 1

All these things should have been thought of.
2021-6-20
Use props
Impynator
New

United Kingdom

Hi There, just wondering whether DJI have any plans to enable this option for us Sports flyers?
I bought this drone for the soul purpose of using the motion controller and would like to fly this at the advertised 89MPH speed without having to switch modes.  (it's already disappointing that it doesn't fly anywhere close to the advertised 20mins, despite trying different constant speeds).
I know a lot of people will advise me to learn manual/acro mode.  I already know how to fly in manual mode, having flown RC helicopters for over 25 years and quadcopters for 8 years.   Sometimes it's nice to get away from 'the norm' and just have a new way of flying, which is exactly what that motion controller does.  The controller really is a game changer, but it's a shame it's restricted by the current speed restrictions.
2021-8-9
Use props
R_mabrouki
New

Sweden

I only have one working arm since a motorcycle accident. So i cant use the full potential of the drone now. Sport plus would be perfect!!
2021-12-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules