I fixed my P4P controller with the reflow trick!
1359 2 2021-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slimjim837
lvl.1

United States

Just wanted to spread the word about the issue where your controller won't charge and is "dead".
Symptoms were that the controller would not work unless plugged in. Battery level reporting progressively got worse. First it would only show up to 75%. Then it went down to 30 something, then down to 0%. A couple of days later it went to nothing, just blank where the % should be.

I watched all the YouTube videos about reflowing and did exactly as they said. Took the controller apart and removed the main board. I applied hot air directly to the battery sensing chip that's next to the battery connector pins for about 30 seconds. Let it cool off for a minute or two and put it all back together. Thing works like it's brand new!

I know this probably goes against DJI's process, but it is pretty silly that so many people have this problem and they've done nothing about. At least it's an easy fix!
2021-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there slimjim837. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting information and your experience here at DJI Forum. Nicely done and please stay safe always.
2021-3-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha slim,

Mahalo!  I am looking forward to using your technique with my P4 Original Remote Control.  Poor thing has those symptoms but I cannot let such a beautiful machine go to pasture - what a camera!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules