Drone orientation issue in Litchi - Mavic 2 Pro
1956 5 2021-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gordon G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6813868 ft
Australia

The issue is that for a milti-turn path, at the start of the 2nd and every subsequent straight run, the waypoint photo is taken before  the M2P turns. This means that the picture is taken at an orientation 90  degrees from where Litchi shows it, and can result in missed areas if  there is not enough overlap to make up for the erroneous orientation.

Is there a known fix for this bug?

Picture appears twice as there was no indication it had actually uploaded, ie it did not appear as it does in all other forums I use, so I uploaded again.
The problem occurs here at position 16 and 46, drone pointing ~south when the image is taken, instead of the indicated ~east.

DJIFlightPlanner-Litchi mission path

2021-3-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Might be best to post this to the Litchi forum.
2021-3-19
Use props
Gordon G
lvl.3
Australia

Could be, if only I could find it! Any ideas where I might find it?
2021-3-19
Use props
Gordon G
lvl.3
Australia

There doesn't seem to be a Litchi forum, but don't panic everyone, I've figured it out ;)
I've got to set it to "waypoint defined", rather than "Towards next waypoint".

I'm glad it is possible to fly to a plan or manually with Litchi, as DJI GO4 has just become an unusable waste of storage space on my phone, as per my M2P thread.
2021-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gordon G Posted at 3-19 19:33
There doesn't seem to be a Litchi forum, but don't panic everyone, I've figured it out ;)
I've got to set it to "waypoint defined", rather than "Towards next waypoint".

Not sure if your doing the same thing,  but Ive been using the Drone Deploy app to do mapping. either using the trial or using the app and then stiching in ODM - https://www.opendronemap.org
2021-3-20
Use props
Gordon G
lvl.3
Australia

I've installed ODM, but don't yet have any images to use in it - not enough overlap for a decent result.

The cost of DroneDeploy is an issue- I can't justify spending $1700 (Downgraded from trial version), or $5100/yr(!!!) for it at the moment. The trial only lasts 14 days, so it will expire before a big job I have coming up - near 2000Ha/5000ac to cover at 2cm resolution.
I'll probably take the images with Litchi and import into ODM, unless I get rather more big jobs to make it worthwhile.
2021-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules