Here we go again
845 9 2021-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elv8Perspective
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29695 ft
United States

Last year I had my P4P+ keep giving me the “SD Card Error”....

No it wasn’t the card, no I couldn’t format in the drone because it didn’t recognize it.  It was the actual reader.  DJI sent me a “repair “ only it wasn’t repaired... still the same issue.  So I sent it back again.  They finally replaced it because it was a faulty SD Card reader.

Welp, here we are again....
Same dang thing, this AM.

I just used the drone a few days ago, with the SD Card I have “Sandisk Extreme” the one recommended... with no issues.

Now, same issue, can’t read the SD card.

Is this a common faulty issue with them? Is there anything I can do on my end to not have to send it back and get a new drone (once again)?  Pretty crazy that it keeps having issues with as expensive as these are.

I was able to use the SD Card in my Mavic Air 2 just seconds after the issue with the P4P.
2021-3-19
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Time for another round trip.
2021-3-19
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.2
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 3-19 05:48
Time for another round trip.

It seems to happen after a “battery error”... like every time.  I think last time I had the issue, there was also a battery issue.

I bought a new battery, because I kept getting the warning.  But still worked the other day.
2021-3-19
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.2
United States

Update:  I checked out the first card I used, and it’s burnt now.... (this isn’t the one I used in my Mavic).  

I remember smelling a burning smell, but thought it was just a car, since I was in the city.

Perhaps the SD CARD reader burnt out? Or the battery caused it?  Not sure.
2021-3-19
Use props
SwampDonkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Elv8Perspective Posted at 3-19 08:30
Update:  I checked out the first card I used, and it’s burnt now.... (this isn’t the one I used in my Mavic).  

I remember smelling a burning smell, but thought it was just a car, since I was in the city.

Take a close look at the battery connector pins and the mating ones in the drone.  Any evidence of shorting or overheating?
2021-3-19
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.2
United States

SwampDonkey Posted at 3-19 10:07
Take a close look at the battery connector pins and the mating ones in the drone.  Any evidence of shorting or overheating?

Looks good, nothing that I can see.

It could have been a short in the SD reader, which caused the card to burn... and then gave me a battery error.
40DD4E03-ABBF-4742-8548-92ED9F2F3CF3.jpeg
2021-3-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Elv8Perspective. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We're truly sorry for the experience and if the same problem persists after trying out different microSD cards, it is suggested to return your unit back again to our Service Center to have this check and confirm whether there's an issue with the microSD card slot reader of your Phantom 4 Pro. At your soonest convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket.
2021-3-19
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-19 23:58
Hi, Elv8Perspective. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We're truly sorry for the experience and if the same problem persists after trying out different microSD cards, it is suggested to return your unit back again to our Service Center to have this check and confirm whether there's an issue with the microSD card slot reader of your Phantom 4 Pro. At your soonest convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket.

Yeah, tried that, and got this gem of an email.

My name isn’t Matteo, and my Refresh doesn’t expire until Sept 2021.

So much for customer service.
389ED988-2795-4BBC-B481-0B6F10F312E9.jpeg
6000C54A-6208-493A-B520-21114EF32789.jpeg
2021-3-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Elv8Perspective Posted at 3-20 06:01
Yeah, tried that, and got this gem of an email.

My name isn’t Matteo, and my Refresh doesn’t expire until Sept 2021.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this. My co-admin, DJI Diana, already replied back to your other Forum Post regarding this incident. At your soonest convenience, please reply to her post so you can be assisted properly.
2021-3-21
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-21 00:53
Please accept our sincere apologies for this. My co-admin, DJI Diana, already replied back to your other Forum Post regarding this incident. At your soonest convenience, please reply to her post so you can be assisted properly.

Customer service is telling me there is no service plan on the current aircraft, even though they sent an email saying it rolls over onto the new aircraft.

2021-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules