Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Drone Only Replacement Mavic Air
3840 16 2021-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GregoryK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29872 ft
Canada

I have 3 DJI drones. Phantom 4, Mavic Air and just bought a Mavic Air 2. I have a drone and a private pilots licence in Canada.

I was recently on an extended boat trip and took my Mavic Air just because of it's size. I normally use my Phantom 4 off a boat. Long story short I ended up crashing the Mavic Air on a small rocky island. I climbed on the island but could not find the drone. This drone is almost 2 years old and I have always purchased has DJI Refresh but never made a claim.

I called DJI and they helped me make a claim. Eventually, they determined that the accident was caused by pilot error. I am not going to get into this here but am going along with it for now. They offered me 15% of a replacement Mavic Air drone only.

First off has anyone else had a Mavic Air replacement they have paid for from DJI. If so how much did you pay. There is a guy selling brand new Mavic Air drones on eBay for $299 US with free shipping and he claims that they qualify for Refreshm - that means the aircraft will remain insured till the end of 2021.

Should I expect to pay less than this as I have spent almost $150 on insurance and made no claims and DJI claim that they are trying to help me out.....

They are saying I will know the price in 2 or 3 days. Reading through the forum most people with water damaged and non Refresh customers have complained that DJI almost change the full cost of a drone with remote etc.

Please let me know your experience if you have a second.

2021-3-19
Use props
GregoryK
lvl.2
Canada

Just got the quote. What a joke!!

I really wish I had not supported DJI. They are being totally disrespectful charging more than their own website for the battery and way more than a brand new unit from ebay!

Item List
Intelligent Flight Battery (Excluding India, Taiwan, and Russia)
Quantity: 1
        Net Price : 85.00 ($79 us on DJI.com canada)
        Total Price: 85.00
Aircraft & Gimbal and Camera (White) (Excluding Brazil and China)
Quantity: 1
        Net Price : 424.00 ($299US on Ebay)
        Total Price: 424.00
Propeller CW
Quantity: 2
        Net Price : 6.00
        Total Price: 12.00
Propeller CCW
Quantity: 2
        Net Price : 6.00
        Total Price: 12.00Total Amount
Discount

Total Payment (USD$)

I think I'll send back my Mavic Air 2. Why would I support these guys?

Thoughts?
2021-3-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi GregoryK, I'm sorry for your loss. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account, I'll help to escalate your situation to our supervisor team and we'll have someone contact you within working hours. Thanks for your patience.
2021-3-19
Use props
GregoryK
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-19 04:51
Hi GregoryK, I'm sorry for your loss. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account, I'll forward your situation to our corresponding team for a check and will keep you updated.

Hi Natalia. Thanks. I was just about to order the eBay drone. Will wait a couple of days
2021-3-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GregoryK Posted at 3-19 05:02
Hi Natalia. Thanks. I was just about to order the eBay drone. Will wait a couple of days

You're most welcome. I have escalated your case to our supervisor team to follow up.
2021-3-19
Use props
GregoryK
lvl.2
Canada

So got a phone call from someone at DJI. They said that would see if they could a better discount. If I did not hear back within 30 hours they said that the present quote would stand and be the best they could offer.
2021-3-22
Use props
GregoryK
lvl.2
Canada

Returning a new drone back to DJI

Has anyone done this? How much do they normally charge for shipping?
The phone rep did not know a thing. Could not say and said they would send me a return sticker.

Seems too open to overcharging in my mind.

Easy returns within 14 days this is not.

2021-3-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GregoryK Posted at 3-22 14:57
Has anyone done this? How much do they normally charge for shipping?
The phone rep did not know a thing. Could not say and said they would send me a return sticker.

Our supervisor team is following up on your case. I'll help to forward your request again, thanks for your patience.
2021-3-22
Use props
GregoryK
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks for your help.
It is just that everything seems to take forever except the speed at which DJI took my money and shipped the product.
2021-3-23
Use props
GregoryK
lvl.2
Canada

I spoke to someone 2 days ago who was going to get back to me with an offer on my lost Mavic Air. They said that they would call or email me. I have not heard back from them.
Also applied to return my new and yet unused Mavic Air. I have a return "case number". I was told that I would be sent a shipping label. This has not happened either.
2021-3-25
Use props
GregoryK
lvl.2
Canada

I hope others find this helpful.
So DJI will not match the price of the Mavic Air drone sold on eBay. They will give me 30% of their inflated retail price. The price they are offering me $296.80 but this price does not include propellers. This means the eBay price is cheaper.
Here's the link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Mav ... 2060353.m1438.l2649
I will be shipping my new DJI Mavic Air 2 back to DJI as a protest.
The company is clearly run by an engineer and not a businessman.
The customer service constantly make promises but do not follow through.
Return shipping has been super complicated as I was told I had to pay but they would send me a shipping label. Not so I was told today. I have to ship it myself - I am fine with this but I would like to get a straight answer.
I asked for the updated quote in writing and was told I would receive an email. I did not. Everyone is very pleasant but have no power as they always have to check and get back to you. This does not always happen, however.
The engineering of these drones is pretty great and so is the manufacturing quality. Unfortunately, the rest of the organisation is pretty terrible.
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GregoryK Posted at 3-25 09:30
I hope others find this helpful.
So DJI will not match the price of the Mavic Air drone sold on eBay. They will give me 30% of their inflated retail price. The price they are offering me $296.80 but this price does not include propellers. This means the eBay price is cheaper.
Here's the link:

Our supervisor team has sent you an email today, could you please check it? Should there any further concerns, you are recommended to reply back the email, our team will keep follow up on it. Thanks.
2021-3-25
Use props
skydivetr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 599931 ft
  • >>>
United States

GregoryK Posted at 2021-3-29 06:56
Still have not heard back from anyone. How long can it take to send a quote?

Hi @GregoryK,
I have same situation and DJI offerd me 10% discount. I was expecting more..

How did you close the topic on your end?

Thank you in advance
Ken
2022-1-12
Use props
GregoryK
lvl.2
Canada

Ended up with 30% off. Start a new thread and get some of the DJI monitors involved.  Get political would be my advice. Good Luck!
2022-1-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

skydivetr Posted at 1-12 17:38
Hi @GregoryK,
I have same situation and DJI offerd me 10% discount. I was expecting more..

Hi there, I'm deeply sorry to hear about the accident with your drone. I've managed to get your ticket number via your forum account, as per check, our corresponding team is following up on it and will reply to your email soon. Thanks for your patience.
2022-1-12
Use props
rdguy
New

Canada

Did you buy the Ebay Drone Only? if so how well did it work and bind with your controller?
rick
2023-8-29
Use props
GregoryK
lvl.2
Canada

rdguy Posted at 8-29 16:34
Did you buy the Ebay Drone Only? if so how well did it work and bind with your controller?
rick

Rick. Was perfect. Greg
2023-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules