New Mini 2 won't charge above 2 Leds
9626 17 2021-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boreacuteal96
lvl.2

Canada

So i got a brand new Mavic Mini 2 this week, just the regular one, not the fly more combo. I tried to charge the battery and no matter how long I charge it, it wont go above 2 leds, so roughly 40%.

I contacted the support, they told me to send them the battery back and they will check if anything is wrong with it. This is a process likely to take weeks so i'm looking at alternative solutions.

Note that I have done the firmware update.

I have my old Mavic mini 1 batteries but unfortunatelly I don't have the cable for charging anymore. Maybe the easiest solution would be to buy that cable again.

Thank you.
2021-3-19
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

I had the same problem.
Try something...Put the 3 batteries on the charger.
After charging completelly the first battery, remove it from the charger.
After charging completelly the second battery, remove it from the charger.
Wait until the last one is completelly charged.

I think this will solve the problem.
2021-3-19
Use props
Boreacuteal96
lvl.2

Canada

Cients Posted at 3-19 15:27
I had the same problem.
Try something...Put the 3 batteries on the charger.
After charging completelly the first battery, remove it from the charger.

I only have one battery and i use the USB cable as a charger
2021-3-19
Use props
EversR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647861 ft
Netherlands

What if you put the Mini 1 battery in your Mini 2 and charge it via USB port on the drone?
2021-3-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Boreacuteal96. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern! We're truly sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused. If you have not tried, we suggest leaving the DJI Mini 2 turned on using the DJI Mini 2 battery until it drains to 20-15 %. Let it cool down for 5-10 minutes then charge it to see if that would make the battery charge beyond 2 LEDs.

On another note, the Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery of the international version of Mavic Mini is compatible with the international version of DJI Mini 2.
2021-3-20
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

This may seem like something you have already tried, but use a different charger.
If the charger output voltage is too low it may have trouble charging the battery.
2021-3-20
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-20 01:01
Hi, Boreacuteal96. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern! We're truly sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused. If you have not tried, we suggest leaving the DJI Mini 2 turned on using the DJI Mini 2 battery until it drains to 20-15 %. Let it cool down for 5-10 minutes then charge it to see if that would make the battery charge beyond 2 LEDs.

On another note, the Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery of the international version of Mavic Mini is compatible with the international version of DJI Mini 2.

I have the same problem, but 3 leds for me.

I've tried multiple chargers and cables.

2021-3-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 3-20 10:55
I have the same problem, but 3 leds for me.

I've tried multiple chargers and cables.

Hi, Mats Bohlinsson. That's unfortunate and if that's the case, it is suggested to return the battery back to our Service Center for further checking. At your soonest convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket.
2021-3-21
Use props
Samsquamsh
New

Canada

I am having this problem as well. Brand new mini 2 (not the fly more combo). Neither the controller nor the drone itself will charge past 2 LEDs. How is this possible? I have spent hours searching online and cannot find an answer. there has been no response from Customer Service. Can anyone help?  This is utterly ridiculous. Thank you.
2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_eqgpNh1HOKYn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7378875 ft
United States

Samsquamsh Posted at 6-12 22:34
I am having this problem as well. Brand new mini 2 (not the fly more combo). Neither the controller nor the drone itself will charge past 2 LEDs. How is this possible? I have spent hours searching online and cannot find an answer. there has been no response from Customer Service. Can anyone help?  This is utterly ridiculous. Thank you.

Try a 18 watt charging brick and charge it in the drone, it will charge
2021-10-29
Use props
fans0e7eccfe
lvl.1

Australia

Did anyone seem to find a fix for this? My brand new mini 2 is only giving me 3 LEDs but once they go solid indicating a full battery, I do seem to have 100% when I go to fly so the battery seems OK but I can only get 3 lights. They flash while charging, going from 1 to 2 to 3, then it goes solid. The charge seems to take 90mins after running the battery down to 20%. Could my 4th led on the drone be faulty?
2022-3-22
Use props
senjorflyzap
New

Sweden

Did anyone find a fix to this issue?

My Mavic Mini 2 is having problems loading as well, I've only used it for 1 summer and didn't fly more than 5-6 times. Then it sat in a drawer over the winter and now it won't turn on as well as it won't charge. Using the same charger I've always used. It goes to 2 LEDs and then stops and all 4 LEDs blink three times going on and on.

It says in the manual to fully charge the battery every three months but I haven't done that. Could this have made the battery go bad after only 1 season?
2022-8-3
Use props
senjorflyzap
New

Sweden

senjorflyzap Posted at 8-3 06:42
Did anyone find a fix to this issue?

My Mavic Mini 2 is having problems loading as well, I've only used it for 1 summer and didn't fly more than 5-6 times. Then it sat in a drawer over the winter and now it won't turn on as well as it won't charge. Using the same charger I've always used. It goes to 2 LEDs and then stops and all 4 LEDs blink three times going on and on.

Got a new battery, works now
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

senjorflyzap Posted at 8-4 07:55
Got a new battery, works now

Thanks for your update. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_I6e8fC2XF7hf
New

Australia

djiuser_eqgpNh1HOKYn Posted at 2021-10-29 14:36
Try a 18 watt charging brick and charge it in the drone, it will charge

Mini 2battery was not charging past 2 leds. Plugged it into a 30w power bank as suggested….. hey presto!
Thank you for advice.
2023-4-20
Use props
djiuser_oQasJJEBovVO
New
Flight distance : 4032 ft
United Kingdom

Exact same problem.. 3 batteries with the fly more pack.. two charge fine but 3rd only charges to 2 x Leds. Bought from Amazon so told to send back to be checked. Only problem no courier takes lithium batteries, so now it seems I have been sold a faulty battery with no way to return it! Not happy at all
2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_oQasJJEBovVO Posted at 7-30 11:51
Exact same problem.. 3 batteries with the fly more pack.. two charge fine but 3rd only charges to 2 x Leds. Bought from Amazon so told to send back to be checked. Only problem no courier takes lithium batteries, so now it seems I have been sold a faulty battery with no way to return it! Not happy at all

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. You may contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support to see the best option you have for your battery. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-8-6
Use props
djiuser_ocoydhE8HRMo
New

United Kingdom

I had the same problem.  In the end I left the drone switched on and let the battery drain completely.  I then charged it, still in the drone, and eventually it went to three lights then four..
4-21 07:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules