Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Forward flight in Cine-Mode
1026 5 2021-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jefe-Part107
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165394 ft
United States

Today I was flying my Mini2 with a wind speed of 13mph and gusts up to 25mph. I was flying directly into the wind using NORMAL mode and then I stoped and placed the flight mode into CINE mode. Pushing the right controller stick forward (UP), into the wind, the mini2 would not move. I had to place the mode back into NORMAL mode.

I thought that the flight controller would use the appropriate power to move the mini2 forward at the slow CINE-mode speed regardless of the wind speed, up until a point where the winds are too strong. The specs say CINE-mode flight speed is 6 m/s with no wind. That is ~13.4mph, thus I believe this is why I was stationary and couldn't move forward.

Anyone observe this behavior before? Shouldn't the flight controller use the appropriate power up to max power to achieve 6m/s? Maybe this speed is fixed, regardless of winds?

DJI Support can you comment on this scenario?

Jeff

2021-3-19
Use props
delf67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379449 ft
United Kingdom

The mini will fly at max 6 m/s (airspeed) in Cine, so if the wind speed is 6 m/s and you fly into the wind you will be stationary in relation to the ground. Your airspeed is 6 m/s but the groundspeed is zero. Similarly, if you fly with the wind you will be flying at 12 m/s groundspeed.
2021-3-19
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

delf67 Posted at 3-19 14:31
The mini will fly at max 6 m/s (airspeed) in Cine, so if the wind speed is 6 m/s and you fly into the wind you will be stationary in relation to the ground. Your airspeed is 6 m/s but the groundspeed is zero. Similarly, if you fly with the wind you will be flying at 12 m/s groundspeed.

Great explanation.
2021-3-19
Use props
Jefe-Part107
lvl.2
United States

delf67 Posted at 3-19 14:31
Ok thanks. Makes sense. I wonder if the Air 2 or Pro models do the same? My assumption was wrong but still valid that the flight controller should maintain the correct ground speed per mode until the wind is too strong to not allow it.
2021-3-19
Use props
delf67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379449 ft
United Kingdom

Jefe-Part107 Posted at 3-19 15:28
Ok thanks. Makes sense. I wonder if the Air 2 or Pro models do the same? My assumption was wrong but still valid that the flight controller should maintain the correct ground speed per mode until the wind is too strong to not allow it.

Your groundspeed is just your airspeed minus the windspeed (if flying against the wins) or airspeed plus windspeed (if flying with the wind). So in a 1 m/s wind in cine you will get 7 m/s with or 5 m/s against the wind.
2021-3-19
Use props
Jefe-Part107
lvl.2
United States

delf67 Posted at 3-19 15:48
Your groundspeed is just your airspeed minus the windspeed (if flying against the wins) or airspeed plus windspeed (if flying with the wind). So in a 1 m/s wind in cine you will get 7 m/s with or 5 m/s against the wind.

Right. And since the fly app reports speed I would assume some flight controller software could be written to maintain 6m/s in windy conditions, but maybe not.
2021-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules