Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FVP drone goggles and remote with CADDX Vista
17018 19 2021-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody in the community knows if I can bind the Remote Controller and Goggles v2 (below) that came with my DJI FPV DRONE combo, with a CADDX VISTA VTX and if so if there is a tutorial on how to. I would like to use my dji combo with an under 250g drone for park flying.

Thanks.

2021-3-19
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

You can't bind the remote to Vista.. but you can use goggles, just open goggles menu, go about and switch to the classic DJI FPV mode and bind as a regular DJI FPV goggles.
2021-3-20
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No DJI thought it was a good idea to let you use the Goggles for FPV but wont unlock the controller
2021-3-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, x1m0x. Thanks for reaching out! Only the DJI FPV Goggles V2 would work on Caddx Vista Air Unit. Please make sure that the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is switched to DJI Digital FPV System and remember to restart the DJI FPV Goggles V2 afterward.
2021-3-20
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-20 01:19
Hi, x1m0x. Thanks for reaching out! Only the DJI FPV Goggles V2 would work on Caddx Vista Air Unit. Please make sure that the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is switched to DJI Digital FPV System and remember to restart the DJI FPV Goggles V2 afterward.

yep, my main issue was the controller, so if i want to fly a mini quad with caddx in full digital i need to buy the other dji fpv controller? The below?
2021-3-20
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully they’ll do a firmware update that allows us to use the controller as well.
2021-3-20
Use props
fans224755c7
New
United States

Originalas Posted at 3-20 00:18
You can't bind the remote to Vista.. but you can use goggles, just open goggles menu, go about and switch to the classic DJI FPV mode and bind as a regular DJI FPV goggles.

Where in the menu do you change the mode to make v2 goggles that were activated with the fpv drone run the v1 software? Its not a menu option. I hate being a unpaid beta tester for DJI.
2021-3-22
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, x1m0x. Thanks for reaching out! Only the DJI FPV Goggles V2 would work on Caddx Vista Air Unit. Please make sure that the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is switched to DJI Digital FPV System and remember to restart the DJI FPV Goggles V2 afterward.

Didn’t even answer the question regarding the controller just ignored the fact that you asked that question
2021-3-23
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Exib Posted at 3-23 10:35
Didn’t even answer the question regarding the controller just ignored the fact that you asked that question

If you want to use the built-in control functions in the Air Unit or Caddix Vista, you have to use the black controller. That's what I do on my Betaflight FPV drones, one with Caddix Vista and the other an Air Unit, and it works great. But that's not required; you can use only the video function if you like and use a separate transmitter/receiver for the control functions.

If the FPV drone controller will be made to support the digital system (Air Unit, Caddix), only DJI knows....
2021-3-23
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just a guess but I'm sure DJI would rather sell you the big controller!
2021-3-23
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

Even the goggles being compatible, you still have to reboot those to change the mode and then rebind all drones every-time. It's a total mess.

And remote being not compatible with Vista or Goggles V1 not outputing video to the phone but working with the smart remote.. well, that just DJI forcing to get extra remotes, smart controllers and all extra devices for EVERY SINGLE EXTRA FEATURE.
2021-3-24
Use props
powderluv
lvl.1
United States

I was just able to pair my Goggles V2 to a Caddx Vista on my BetaFPV 95x V3. It is unfortunate they controller can't be paired with the Air unit. Has anyone else been able to pair the FPV controller V2 with the Caddx Vista ? I dont want to buy another controller to lug around.
2021-3-29
Use props
manaaaa
New

Belgium

Hi, x1m0x. Thanks for reaching out! Only the DJI FPV Goggles V2 would work on Caddx Vista Air Unit. Please make sure that the DJI FPV Goggles V2 is switched to DJI Digital FPV System and remember to restart the DJI FPV Goggles V2 afterward.

Hello how did you do this? I hear a lot of people struggling
2021-5-3
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

powderluv Posted at 3-29 13:39
I was just able to pair my Goggles V2 to a Caddx Vista on my BetaFPV 95x V3. It is unfortunate they controller can't be paired with the Air unit. Has anyone else been able to pair the FPV controller V2 with the Caddx Vista ? I dont want to buy another controller to lug around.

"Has anyone else been able to pair the FPV controller V2 with the Caddx Vista ?"

I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

I'm not positive it's because DJI wants you to buy a second controller. While it may be possible to update the firmware of the new controller in a way to get it to work with the Air Unit, it's very likely there's a hardware issue which makes the two system incompatible.
2021-5-3
Use props
keukpa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'd like to know this too, as I've spent a lot of money on DJI stuff, I don't want to buy a new controller for every DJI drone. Defets the object.

@DJI could you please let us know if this is being considered?

Keukpa
2021-5-3
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

keukpa Posted at 5-3 16:20
I'd like to know this too, as I've spent a lot of money on DJI stuff, I don't want to buy a new controller for every DJI drone. Defets the object.

@DJI could you please let us know if this is being considered?

"@DJI could you please let us know if this is being considered?"

Can you imagine something like the Air Unit with video quality of the FPV drone which uses the same controller as the FPV drone?

I can, and I can imagine how much money I'd be willing to pay for it.
2021-5-3
Use props
teddy_striker
lvl.1
United States

Sad.. I just assumed this would work.  Whole lotta beeping and no love.
2021-7-16
Use props
marcelo_el_gringo
lvl.1
Germany

Looking forward for a firmware upgrade
2021-8-30
Use props
djiuser_HlASpLNF0a3I
New

Israel

fans224755c7 Posted at 2021-3-22 20:14
Where in the menu do you change the mode to make v2 goggles that were activated with the fpv drone run the v1 software? Its not a menu option. I hate being a unpaid beta tester for DJI.

I had the same issue - the goggles that came with the fpv combo kit had no option to switch to the fpv system.
I had almost sent the goggles to service with that issue, but then I've made an accedental discovery...
I noticed, that the AV input was unvailable too, and I wanted to check it out. I thought that the menu is unvailable because nothing is plugged in, so I plugged an AV input.
Suddenly, the AV input option appeared in thr menu, but what is more surprising - the fpv option appeared too!
So, please try to connect a 3/4 jack into the AV input slot, then look for the menu appeared.
2023-5-25
Use props
frommars
lvl.1

New Zealand

would DJI goggle racing edition connect to a fpv drone that has Caddx Vista Air Unit
2023-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules