5181 7 2021-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Went away from Monday to Friday night.  I think I had it charging to full for 3 batts on Sunday (removed the batteries from the charger).  They are currently 4 bar.  The batteries are the same as the other batteries where if you don't store them at up to 80% or less battery and they don't discharge, they will inflate?  Can DJI enlighten us on the material of the batteries or at least on how they compare to the DJI Mavic 2/Phantom Batteries where they and even their controllers have discharge days.

Of course, this is all new so we won't know what goes wrong until later.  Why wait until then but I do realize some powerbanks stay 100 even after Many months and don't inflate?  Can it be possible to setup discharge days?  Updating the battery firmware takes a while so It should be able to be done?
2021-3-19
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

the battery chemistry used on DJI Fpv seems to be LiPo. These really don't like to be stored fully charged and really hate do be deeply discharged. If you store lipo's full, they will puff within half a year or so. If you discharge a lipo deeply - it might puff already the first time after you've done it. There is an ongoing debate what the perfect storage voltage/capacity is but 60% charge should be all right.
Why the power banks batteries don't puff? Because most of those are different chemistry. LiIon, can be discharged deeper and don't seem to mind being full as much as LiPo's ...
2021-3-19
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-19 23:46
the battery chemistry used on DJI Fpv seems to be LiPo. These really don't like to be stored fully charged and really hate do be deeply discharged. If you store lipo's full, they will puff within half a year or so. If you discharge a lipo deeply - it might puff already the first time after you've done it. There is an ongoing debate what the perfect storage voltage/capacity is but 60% charge should be all right.
Why the power banks batteries don't puff? Because most of those are different chemistry. LiIon, can be discharged deeper and don't seem to mind being full as much as LiPo's ...

yeah, I got into RC, back when you had to ebay your own parts which was a complete waste of time and money.

DJI FPV is basically everything you would want in FPV fast-forward flight like a Wing or a Skywalker w/o the jello, technical issues, and lack of being able to VTOL.  I never do distance FPV w/o tested and proven RTH capabilities.  If I'm using say a racer drone w/o GPS that is quicker than this of course, I'm going to to keep it close but even that is dangerous because if you get a blackout doing a manuever then it's done.  Ocusync 2.0 Air was really bad.  When it cuts out, it just cuts out w/ no video.  With DJI FPV Ocusync 3.0 it can cut out like that but not severe if you turn Focus Assist off.  I don't bother running Acro with it because the autonomy of forward flight is just too good.  Heading, altitude, and speed hold w/ basically no lag and an amazing feed.  I thought it would at least cost $3k.
2021-3-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's 3 bar solid 1 bar blinking so probably 5-6 days is when it starts to discharge.
2021-3-20
Use props
aSae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562769 ft
Poland

I am interested to know also. If anyone from DJI can confirm that would be great since it was only mentioned in DJI store that: it has Built-in intelligent battery management system that monitors battery status in real time for a more worry-free flight, nothing other than that. Does it smart enough to self discharge to storage level? if yes, after how many days? and where there will be a feature to set the discharge days like in DJI GO 4?
2021-3-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

aSae Posted at 3-20 13:51
I am interested to know also. If anyone from DJI can confirm that would be great since it was only mentioned in DJI store that: it has Built-in intelligent battery management system that monitors battery status in real time for a more worry-free flight, nothing other than that. Does it smart enough to self discharge to storage level? if yes, after how many days? and where there will be a feature to set the discharge days like in DJI GO 4?

You can't change it as of now but it does lower itself.  Flew at 75% on each today after not charging for 5-6 days.
2021-3-20
Use props
aSae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562769 ft
Poland

aSae Posted at 3-20 13:51
I am interested to know also. If anyone from DJI can confirm that would be great since it was only mentioned in DJI store that: it has Built-in intelligent battery management system that monitors battery status in real time for a more worry-free flight, nothing other than that. Does it smart enough to self discharge to storage level? if yes, after how many days? and where there will be a feature to set the discharge days like in DJI GO 4?

How can i missed this from the manual
2021-3-20
Use props
djiuser_IjKebFRsAYYH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1616693 ft
United States

I went on holiday with fully charged batteries - then flew the drone about 5 days later and the batteries were at 75%
I guess from now on I'll just charge on the day that I'm planning to take it out.

Thanks for the clarification.
2021-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules