DJI FPV Drone not taking off/Propellers not moving
7575 12 2021-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SonicEcho05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16 ft
United States

I recently bought the DJI FPV Combo 3 days before this thread and activate it using the DJI Fly app on my iPhone. I followed several steps such as updating all firmwares (both drone and remote controller) and synced all devices with one another.
From the remote control: I am able to move the camera with the gimble, I can record and take picture using the trigger buttons on the controller. However, I cannot move the propellors at all and take off with the controller sticks.

Things I have tried to resolve on my own:
- Check to make sure the propellors are in the proper placements (Color coded thankfully)
- Attempted to resync all devices
- Checked to make sure all firmwares were fully updated
- Made sure I used the correct DJI Fly app (apparently I heard that was an issue so I redownloaded the app from the official website)
- I am not in a restricted zone of any kind (checked the Geo-Zone map from the official DJI website)
- Checked to make sure there was a "take off button". I know my old DJI Phantom 3 Standard Drone had a "take off" button on a separate DJI app.

If anyone has any ideas, possible steps I may have overlooked, and a resolution to the issue I would be grateful.
2021-3-19
Use props
BillB914
lvl.1

United States

Push both sticks down and toward the middle and the motors will start.
2021-3-19
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you have any messages in red in the goggles on lower right of screen?

There isn’t a ‘take off’ button or function like the Mavics and the stat/stop button only works in manual mode.

Refer to page 49 of the manual for start/stop methods.

If you haven’t read it I suggest you do.
2021-3-19
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

did you calibrate your remote? I can imagine that if the inputs are out of range - the motor starting command will not start the motors. This is the only problem I can think of, which would not display error messages. All other should inform you via the goggles what's wrong.
2021-3-19
Use props
SonicEcho05
lvl.1
United States

BillB914 Posted at 3-19 21:11
Push both sticks down and toward the middle and the motors will start.

That was it... thank you so much
2021-3-20
Use props
SonicEcho05
lvl.1
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 3-19 22:10
Do you have any messages in red in the goggles on lower right of screen?

There isn’t a ‘take off’ button or function like the Mavics and the stat/stop button only works in manual mode.

I started after reading the first comment, thank you!
2021-3-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, SonicEcho05. Thanks for reaching out! Please check what mode the aircraft is currently in and refer to the images below on how to turn on/off the motors depending on the current mode.

Have a safe flight!
2021-3-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always pays to read the instructions
2021-3-20
Use props
fans4a6944db
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337776 ft
United States

I have the same problem, not taking off.... normal mode used as well.... also, dont know if it makes a difference.... i do not have a sim card in either the goggles or the drone. I did notice a red arrow in thr bottom right..please help. Thank you
2022-4-23
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Silly question:so when you pull your sticks down, the motors don't move?
2022-4-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans4a6944db Posted at 4-23 14:28
I have the same problem, not taking off.... normal mode used as well.... also, dont know if it makes a difference.... i do not have a sim card in either the goggles or the drone. I did notice a red arrow in thr bottom right..please help. Thank you

Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. Is there any error message? Could you please give us a video showing the aircraft status indicators? Thank you.
2022-4-23
Use props
fans4a6944db
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337776 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-23 19:56
Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. Is there any error message? Could you please give us a video showing the aircraft status indicators? Thank you.

I used the other battery that came with the drone and it works, when i use the batteries from the flymore kit, it will not let me start the drone. I did receive a firmware required update when i turned the drone on the first time, and I completed the update, but after that, nothing has changed. I also was instructed by dji to use the dji assistant 2 fpv to connect my drone and update the batteries, I just updated everything, but the drone will not connect to the FA2 FPV and I am not sure what is the problem. There is no error message when I try to take off. Why would the drone not connect to the dji assistant 2 (FPV)?
2022-5-9
Use props
djiuser_wQ0EV0kMClaE
New
Flight distance : 39 ft
Canada

Hi
Make sure you have installed DJI Assistant 2 CONSUMER version
2023-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now