Dropping frames on only 2 of my 4 quads. Losing my mind!!
604 2 2021-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Precision Focus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767096 ft
Australia

Hey,

So I have this problem and it's driving me crazy. I have 4 DJI FPV equipped quads.

2 of them work perfect. (one vista and one dji air unit)
2 of them suddenly started to drop frames and really badly even when only 100 meters away. (one vista and one DJI air unit)

on one of the problem quads I have tried.... (this quad is a full DJI air unit)

new bigger cap
replacing antennas
replacing antenna leads
replacing the air unit
replacing the antenna leads again
re bind air unit and goggles and transmitter

On the other quad I have also tried replacing antenna leads and antennas. This quad is vista so running from straight 6s

The fact that 2 of them work fine makes me think its not the goggles but I have basically replaced everything video transmitter related on this quad and nothing makes any difference.

Anyone have any ideas? Im going to try another set of goggles but its just so strange that the other two quads are working with no dropper frames and good range.

Cheers!

2021-3-19
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As you have replaced the air unit you can rule out the system, could be a voltage issue, I suggest you try a different FC as it may be the air unit isn’t getting a stable supply voltage, I.e it’s dropping below minimum. Changing the capacitor won’t help if the regulator on the FC can’t handle the air unit.
2021-3-19
Use props
Precision Focus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767096 ft
Australia

Buzzyone Posted at 3-19 22:05
As you have replaced the air unit you can rule out the system, could be a voltage issue, I suggest you try a different FC as it may be the air unit isn’t getting a stable supply voltage, I.e it’s dropping below minimum. Changing the capacitor won’t help if the regulator on the FC can’t handle the air unit.

OK I have replaced the Flight controller, the new flight controller even has a bigger BEC rated to 3 amps @ 9v. Since then I have also tried another set of goggles. Nothing seems to fix the problem. Im out of ideas
The only other thing I can think of.... Is it possible I have a dodgey antenna and this antenna moving between my old air unit, new air unit and VISTA have acutually damaged the transmitter in the air units/ Vista?
2021-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules