Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller sticks not working
14583 14 2021-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liamclayton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73428 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hey all,

Have purchased the DJI FPV, and the 2 controller sticks are not working at all.

I have got it out of the box and have updated all of the firmware. I have not activated the drone yet.

The Virtual Flight App does not respond to any commands from the 2 sticks but the rest of the remote is fine.

I have also tried to calibrate the controller in DRL for Mac but also no response from either stick - nothing at all.

Any help appreciated.
2021-3-20
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

The drone has to be activated first in the sim app i think before it works
2021-3-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, liamclayton. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please download the DJI Fly and have your unit activated before testing it out via the DJI Virtual Flight app.
2021-3-20
Use props
liamclayton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73428 ft
United Arab Emirates

Thanks for the responses guys. Seems that even if you don’t want to fly the drone anytime soon you still have to activate the whole setup in order to use the controller and practice on the simulator(s). I activated it all and the controller works with the Virtual Flight App, DRL and Velocidrone.
2021-3-20
Use props
Jinral
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90958 ft
Canada

Bought the FPV setup late December '21.
Wanted to get some practice time using a drone simulator (Liftoff) before donning the headset and launching my drone but couldn't get the controller to work.
Although Windows recognized it (C5, HID Controller), it wasn't transmitting the inputs to my computer.

Found some info advising that the controller needs to be registered, activated and paired with the drone, along with having its Firmware updated, before it can be used in Liftoff.  After doing this, the controller worked without further issues.  I wish the YouTube influencers providing info on using the controller would have mentioned this important step.  It would have saved me 2 days of frustration.

Also, I didn't want to miss the 48-hour window for getting DJI's Care Refresh coverage after registering and activating everything... so I had to cough up the dough to resolve my issue.  A necessary evil... but I can appreciate it.

Hope someone else finds this as useful as I did.

Happy flying!!
2022-1-11
Use props
LeleCfWm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21043 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Jinral Posted at 1-11 09:23
Bought the FPV setup late December '21.
Wanted to get some practice time using a drone simulator (Liftoff) before donning the headset and launching my drone but couldn't get the controller to work.
Although Windows recognized it (C5, HID Controller), it wasn't transmitting the inputs to my computer.

Very useful, thanks!
I agree with you, if they talked in the videos on YT about this passage many of us would avoid these unnecessary frustrations. I also find it not very useful in the case of the DJI fpv drone having to activate it when it is necessary to practice on a simulator before going out to make a mess!
2022-1-18
Use props
fans0e083054
New

United States

So I purchased the FPV controller after I activated everything using the motion controller and the FPV controller won’t work.  The sticks don’t work at all.
2022-11-8
Use props
djiuser_MN21esmjFS2k
lvl.1

United States

Have the same problem with the controller. Thought I had activated/registered it using the flight assistant since I found out that DJI got booted out of the Google Play store and I am not into bypassing  security to risk sideloading software. Maybe when they get back in the store I can get the fly app but till then have absolutely no idea how to register it. DJI claimed the assistant can do activation but I could only do firmware updates (it never said it was activated). The stupid part about this is I'm in a state where the assistant actually let me update the firmware on the goggles, drone, and controller but I am still unregistered and can't use the simulator. I think they need to get a better handle on what people need to run their equipment not just what works in their lab.
2022-12-11
Use props
spencer
New

United States

Yes having the same issue where I bought the motion controller with the drone because the FPV remote 2 was unavailable.  Everything worked fine with the motion controller, fast forward 2 months later and I bought the FPV controller and have spent a day trying to get the joy sticks to work running through all of the steps.  I have tried calling support and it wasn't much help.  I have downloaded to assistant 2 app and plugged the remote in and don't get any response from the app.  When I plugged in the avata it recognized it pretty instantly.  Has anyone tried replacing the remote with success?  Im still not really sure what to do
2022-12-12
Use props
swampler
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same problem. The sticks won't work, the assistant 2 app doesn't work, and I'm not getting any prompt to update the controller's in the dji fly app. Please help.
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_nhqXN0hCndgl
New

United States

spencer@wandermanmedia.com Posted at 2022-12-12 10:49
Yes having the same issue where I bought the motion controller with the drone because the FPV remote 2 was unavailable.  Everything worked fine with the motion controller, fast forward 2 months later and I bought the FPV controller and have spent a day trying to get the joy sticks to work running through all of the steps.  I have tried calling support and it wasn't much help.  I have downloaded to assistant 2 app and plugged the remote in and don't get any response from the app.  When I plugged in the avata it recognized it pretty instantly.  Has anyone tried replacing the remote with success?  Im still not really sure what to do

Exactly what I did.  Bought Avata with motion controller since Controller 2 was not available.  Now I  have the DJI FPV Controller 2 and I can't get the gimbals to work and can't seem to register it.  Very frustrated.
2023-1-5
Use props
djiuser_JFDslsJcpKtY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 410213 ft
Germany

swampler Posted at 2022-12-28 13:11
I'm having the same problem. The sticks won't work, the assistant 2 app doesn't work, and I'm not getting any prompt to update the controller's in the dji fly app. Please help.

it finally worked for me downloading the assistant 2 update manually from the dji website. updated it connecting controller to pc.
2023-1-10
Use props
Project Aadisc
lvl.1

United States

To anyone still having problems with the FPV controller, I found a fix. Go to DJI's website and go to support, and the download section. When there find the tab to download the software for the FPV. It should be under DJI Assistant 2. After that down load the app, and hook up your controller using type C. Upgrade your firmware, (it also has the option to downgrade.) and restart the joysticks. Afterward DJI Virtual Flight works, fixing controller stick problems. I know this is late coming but I hope it helps. Spread the word because it was hella frustrating. Happy flying.!
2023-3-14
Use props
Project Aadisc
lvl.1

United States

To anyone still having problems with the FPV controller, I found a fix. Go to DJI's website and go to support, and the download section. When there find the tab to download the software for the FPV. It should be under DJI Assistant 2. After that down load the app, and hook up your controller using type C. Upgrade your firmware, (it also has the option to downgrade.) and restart the joysticks. Afterward DJI Virtual Flight works, fixing controller stick problems. I know this is late coming but I hope it helps. Spread the word because it was hella frustrating. Happy flying.!
2023-3-14
Use props
GraysonWyatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14167 ft
United States

Still struggling with this problem. DJI assistant 2 was discontinued for current Macs
2023-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules