DJI Fly does not show any settings in "GO FLY" view
1911 6 2021-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
w_wojtek
lvl.1
Poland

Greetings
I have limited funcionality in the DJI fly app that is preventing me from creating a verification video needed for activation of DJI Care Refresh plan.
From the video verification creation instructions:
"Step 1: Show the flight controller’s serial number 1. Power on the aircraft and connect to it, open screen recording, launch DJI GO 4(DJI Fly), and then tap “GO FLY”. Enter the general settings interface by tapping the icon on the top right of the screen, and tap “About” to show the flight controller’s serial number. "
My problem is that in the "GO FLY" view there are no menus to go to. There is no "icon on the top right of the screen". All I see is a video feed from my drone and a back(exit) arrow in the top left of the screen.

After reinstalling the application (before connecting the drone) I can access menus when I go to (names translated from polish in brackets) "połącz drona (connect drone)" -> "widok z kam (camera view)". But as soon as I connect the drone those menus are gone and never return.

My drone: DJI FPV
App version: DJI Fly v1.3.0(928-official)
My phone: LG G7 ThinkQ (also checked on LG G5)

2021-3-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there w_wojtek. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile devices ( LG G7 Think Q and LG G5 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI FPV and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI FPV and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the LG G7 Think Q and the LG G5 will be able to work on the DJI FPV and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI FPV. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI FPV  ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-3-21
Use props
w_wojtek
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-21 22:28
Hello there w_wojtek. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile devices ( LG G7 Think Q and LG G5 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI FPV and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI FPV and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the LG G7 Think Q and the LG G5 will be able to work on the DJI FPV and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI FPV. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI FPV  ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv/downloads ). Thank you.

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunattly I do not have access to any other device (other than Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 but on this device application is not even possible to be installed)
This would not be a big issue if this functionality was not required for the activation of my DJI Care Refresh plan. But now this is causing my drone to be grounded.
Is there any other way to solve this issue? Can you confirm 100% that on recommended devices said functionality will work for DJI FPV drone?
2021-3-21
Use props
w_wojtek
lvl.1
Poland

w_wojtek Posted at 3-21 23:41
Thank you for your response.

Unfortunattly I do not have access to any other device (other than Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 but on this device application is not even possible to be installed)

One more thing.
I see that LG G6 is on the list of recommended devices while my LG G5 and LG G7 have problems. This makes me think that the problem is probably not with the phone.
Other parts of the application seems to be working correctly.
2021-3-22
Use props
kekec23
lvl.1

Slovenia

Same problem by me. I tried iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 12 mini and the same on both. Have you resolved it?
2022-1-9
Use props
djiuser_HJcJMv3Qnbl8
New

United States

Did you find any solution to this problem?
2023-4-12
Use props
w_wojtek
lvl.1
Poland

djiuser_HJcJMv3Qnbl8 Posted at 4-12 21:24
Did you find any solution to this problem?

Hello

I was never able to make my phone display the information I needed. It is a non issue for me as I never use the application anyway.
If I remember correctly I resolved my registration process through a chat.
2023-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules