Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Calibration Error Code 40011
1099 6 2021-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jefe-Part107
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165394 ft
United States

I have searched online for this error code and it appears customers have been complaining about it for several years now. I updated to the latest firmware 01.02.0300 recently and today when I went out for a flight and I received the dreaded 40011 error code. The mini2 flew great with no issues. Video was stable in flight. Here is a bullet list of information and things I tried. In parallel with this post, I opened a Support Ticket with DJI.

1) Restarting the Mini2 doesn't clear the error code.

2) Tapping CONTROL-->GIMBAL CALIBRATION-->AUTO always results in a "Calibration Passed" result. The error code 40011 is still present.

3) Reflashing the existing or previous firmare may reset the code, however, DJI Assistant 2 only shows me a "system" menu option when connected. This is on my windows latop. On my MacBook Pro, I cannot even get the mini2 to connect. So, if someone knows how I can "refresh" the currODvDw+kHLM4v8PinFdaePub5xjrbW8/Z2txg49kaM48ecOP6NU73lzEiIXyKB8nbidNho8XaULsUxemw09rSjL29rXbcy9XpwNXpqF0p2unsqH3tq7HBQnNzI9amFmxt7XjdHhLxeHVWIh7xnJBHEAShXv8DrZf9wKHGdNcAAAAASUVORK5CYII=[/img]

Jeff

2021-3-20
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Again, the Mini 2 CANNOT have its firmware refreshed via DJI Assistant 2! Only the Mini 1 can do that. You are NOT able to refresh Mini 2 firmware yourself!! Why do people keep posting here believing this to be the case for goodness sake!
2021-3-20
Use props
Jefe-Part107
lvl.2
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 3-20 17:56
Again, the Mini 2 CANNOT have its firmware refreshed via DJI Assistant 2! Only the Mini 1 can do that. You are NOT able to refresh Mini 2 firmware yourself!! Why do people keep posting here believing this to be the case for goodness sake!

Understood. Thanks.
2021-3-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jefe-Part107. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our sincere apologies for the difficulties you're encountering. If the same problem persists after doing another gimbal calibration, please return your unit back to our Service Center immediately to have it check. You can reach out to our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket.
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

There are ways to safely load firmware outside of Asistant 2. Everything tested, but no effect. You need a part of the firmware that applies to the gimbal itself, and this is not available in the last three firmware. Previous firmware has no downgrade option enabled and cannot be loaded. The situation is stalemate because the firmwre is encrypted and cannot be modified. Football is on the side of DJI. The gimbal must have a new software module in the firmware, after which it will perform a full reset and calibration. You can recognize it by other than usual head movements. For now, the situation is at a standstill, unless you agree to be sent to the DJI service. I don't want to waste my time, I prefer to use it to fly. Why do I need a drone that will spend most of the time on the DJI service?
2021-3-21
Use props
Jefe-Part107
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 3-21 01:45
There are ways to safely load firmware outside of Asistant 2. Everything tested, but no effect. You need a part of the firmware that applies to the gimbal itself, and this is not available in the last three firmware. Previous firmware has no downgrade option enabled and cannot be loaded. The situation is stalemate because the firmwre is encrypted and cannot be modified. Football is on the side of DJI. The gimbal must have a new software module in the firmware, after which it will perform a full reset and calibration. You can recognize it by other than usual head movements. For now, the situation is at a standstill, unless you agree to be sent to the DJI service. I don't want to waste my time, I prefer to use it to fly. Why do I need a drone that will spend most of the time on the DJI service?

Interesting and thanks for the info. I confirmed today that the gimbal will not maintain its attitude during yaw or roll moves. I bought the mini 2 for business purposes (and enjoyment) and the state it’s in now is not usable. I am really blown away that DJI rather have us send in the drone than to just provide the correct gimbal cal code in the firmware. This is crazy.
2021-3-21
Use props
fansda1223a3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1081818 ft
Russia

firmware 01.03.0000 has updated code for gimble, but It does not help. by the way it is possible to roll back the firmware via dji assistant https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=241098
2021-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules