Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Firmware Update failed
4865 8 2021-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fraisor
lvl.1

Germany

Hi Guys,

I have the problem that I can´t update the firmware on my 3rd battery. And I am not able to use the battery until the firmware is updated.
First two batteries worked without any issues but the third will get stuck at exact 15% and the FPV Drone will start over and over again until this message shows up.
Update failed (1-2-6)

Battery Firmware error.JPG

I´ve tried it via DJI Assistant 2 and via the Goggles.
With both methods it gets stuck at 15%, the Drone starts over and over again until an error message shows up.
Another detail I just noticed:
Only the batteries middle two LEDs are shining. It doesn´t show the tipical LED loading pattern anymore when connected to the charging station.
Same thing when it is not connected to the charging station and you put it in the FPV Drone. When you turn it on, only the middle two LEDs are shining.

Battery LED-min.jpg

Does anyone know a way to reset the battery somehow? Or another way I haven´t tried yet to solve this issue?
Could the battery be broken?

Battery LED-min.jpg
2021-3-20
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Did you tried it with the drone, and goggles and radio connected to fly app in the smartphone?
2021-4-17
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Battery firmware updates are normally sent from the drone. You don’t need to do it using Assistant or the Fly App, once the goggles is connected you should get a request to update, which will be done without the need for the Fly App or the internet.

If your battery won’t charge it will probably be faulty. Raise a ticket with DJI, there is not a reset for the battery.
2021-4-17
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Pajomota Posted at 4-17 08:31
Did you tried it with the drone, and goggles and radio connected to fly app in the smartphone?

I also suggest using the Fly App connected to the goggles.
2021-4-17
Use props
Fraisor
lvl.1

Germany

Contacted DJI Support.
They confirmed that it´s a battery error and that there is nothing I personally can do to suddenly make it work.
Doesn´t matter wheather I try it via Fly App with goggles or with DJI Assistant 2.
So I sent it in and got a brand new working battery.
2021-4-17
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

Great news! They really seem to take care of those with problems.
2021-4-17
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Fraisor Posted at 4-17 12:28
Contacted DJI Support.
They confirmed that it´s a battery error and that there is nothing I personally can do to suddenly make it work.
Doesn´t matter wheather I try it via Fly App with goggles or with DJI Assistant 2.

Inner 2 lights after charging the battery means that it cannot balance the cells. One of the cells is faulty.

Its the same error light on all DJI batteries.
2021-4-18
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

my first battery set had one like this, same sent in for repair
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_caThyXWRqlg5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1697684 ft
United States

I just had a new battery that was charged maybe twice sent to them and instead of sending me a new one they said they'll replace it for full price and then they tell me they give me a 40% discount.

The battery had no issues until the update and instead of apologizing for this issue they are making you pay for a batter

THATS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!

I can't believe that they are making me go through this issue, I am going to start legal action.

2022-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules