3503 30 2021-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 538123 ft
Mexico

Hi to everyone,
I own the mavic mini combo. Today, I put my 3 baterries to charge on the hub. The hub started blinking for two of the batteries. The third remained off. I puth the failing battery in the dron and conected to the charger. The first two leds started blinking in sequence at a low rate, and after a minute or two, only the first led sterted blinkig at a faster rate. Cheking the battery info on the DJI Fly app, it says that the battery has been charged 39 times.  I´m wandering if this can be a battery firmware problem.  The dron has 57 flights, less than 11 hours total. Any help or suggestion to fix this issue woul be very appreciated.
2021-3-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Charlie_hux. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern! We're truly sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused. If you have not tried, we suggest leaving the Mavic Mini turned on using the mentioned Mavic Mini battery until it drains to 20-15 %. Let it cool down for 5-10 minutes then charge it to see if that would make the battery charge properly.
2021-3-21
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-21 00:46
Hi, Charlie_hux. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern! We're truly sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused. If you have not tried, we suggest leaving the Mavic Mini turned on using the mentioned Mavic Mini battery until it drains to 20-15 %. Let it cool down for 5-10 minutes then charge it to see if that would make the battery charge properly.

Thanks for your quick response. The battery has only 5% charge. Should I leave it in the drone to drain at a lower level, or let it drain out completely?  Do you know if the lighthing pattern of the blinking LEDs means something ( a kind of error)? When I put it on the Mini, the LEDs beging blinking sequentially at a normal speed ( one first and then the second) After a couple of minutes, only the first led begins to blink faster. I the hub, there is not response (no LEDs blink or light at all)
2021-3-21
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

I also had the same problem, when i tried to load the Batteries in the car. Now i know when this is happening. If the current output of the power adapter is too low this is happening.  Do you use the power adapter from dji? Try another adapter and take a look if this happens again.
2021-3-21
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

MM Pilot Posted at 3-21 15:16
I also had the same problem, when i tried to load the Batteries in the car. Now i know when this is happening. If the current output of the power adapter is too low this is happening.  Do you use the power adapter from dji? Try another adapter and take a look if this happens again.

Thank you. I'm using the original charger and cable provided with the combo. My other two batteries charge without problem, either in the hub and the dron.
2021-3-21
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Mhm than i think the batterie(s) or the electronic platine of the batterie is defective.
2021-3-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Charlie_hux Posted at 3-21 12:41
Thanks for your quick response. The battery has only 5% charge. Should I leave it in the drone to drain at a lower level, or let it drain out completely?  Do you know if the lighthing pattern of the blinking LEDs means something ( a kind of error)? When I put it on the Mini, the LEDs beging blinking sequentially at a normal speed ( one first and then the second) After a couple of minutes, only the first led begins to blink faster. I the hub, there is not response (no LEDs blink or light at all)

Please don't leave it fully drained. We recommend charging the battery again, without the charging hub, using a 24W or different lower USB Charger. Should the same problem occur, it is suggested to return the battery back to our Service Center for further testing.
2021-3-22
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

MM Pilot Posted at 3-22 00:24
Mhm than i think the batterie(s) or the electronic platine of the batterie is defective.

Thanks. What is exactly the electronic platine?
2021-3-23
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-22 00:35
Please don't leave it fully drained. We recommend charging the battery again, without the charging hub, using a 24W or different lower USB Charger. Should the same problem occur, it is suggested to return the battery back to our Service Center for further testing.

Thanks again. I didn´t let it drain, however, trying it in the dron finally looks empty.
I guess that the led's blinking pattern means something, a kind of code to show the error. Many electronic devices use this kind of codes (sounds patterns, led sequeneces, etc). I´m attaching a link to a video to show the leds pattern in the hub when the battery ystill had 5% charge. Hopefully somebody with the technical knowledge could tell whats trying to says the battery. I don´t really want to send it to service because I´m traveling in México. I don´t even know if there is a reliable authorized service in Mexico with the necessary equipment/knowledge to repair the problem.
This is the link to download the video
https://mega.nz/file/al1Xia4C#hMh9_SkhyXxCxMp3ewx14fUNDFRIDe1wF00Q_jCbiLA

2021-3-23
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Charlie_hux Posted at 3-23 13:51
Thanks. What is exactly the electronic platine?

In one fly Batterie you can find 2 Samsung cellular batteries and one mini electronic platine, which is needed for loading, communicate with the fly app and  communicate with the smart hub.
2021-3-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Charlie_hux Posted at 3-23 14:41
Thanks again. I didn´t let it drain, however, trying it in the dron finally looks empty.
I guess that the led's blinking pattern means something, a kind of code to show the error. Many electronic devices use this kind of codes (sounds patterns, led sequeneces, etc). I´m attaching a link to a video to show the leds pattern in the hub when the battery ystill had 5% charge. Hopefully somebody with the technical knowledge could tell whats trying to says the battery. I don´t really want to send it to service because I´m traveling in México. I don´t even know if there is a reliable authorized service in Mexico with the necessary equipment/knowledge to repair the problem.
This is the link to download the video

Based on the LED indicator, the battery detected short-circuit. Ensure that there is no debris on the battery pin port. If the issue persists after the battery is removed and inserted again, after the battery is mounted to the aircraft, or if the pin port is misshapen, send the battery back. To assist you to open a ticket, please reach out to our Customer Support
2021-3-24
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

MM Pilot Posted at 3-23 22:10
In one fly Batterie you can find 2 Samsung cellular batteries and one mini electronic platine, which is needed for loading, communicate with the fly app and  communicate with the smart hub.
Thanks for your response. Let's see if I understood. Can I open the DJI Fly app on my cellphone, and connect the battery hub to my cellphone?  How should I connect them: using the USB port on the cable, as if I were using the hub as a battery's bank, or do I need to get a cable with mini USB (the Android phones charging port) on both ends?
Should I look for something in the app once connected with the hub?  Thanks in advance for your assistance.
2021-3-25
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Charlie_hux Posted at 3-25 17:45
Thanks for your response. Let's see if I understood. Can I open the DJI Fly app on my cellphone, and connect the battery hub to my cellphone?  How should I connect them: using the USB port on the cable, as if I were using the hub as a battery's bank, or do I need to get a cable with mini USB (the Android phones charging port) on both ends?
Should I look for something in the app once connected with the hub?  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

No you didn't understand correctly. You can not connect the batterie with your Phone, Computer or anything else. I mean the error of your problem could be one of this booth batteries or on the electronic platin. Take a look at the video under this text. Don't do,what the guy in the video is doing, just use it for understand how the fly batterie is built up.

(go forward to 3,45min)
2021-3-26
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

MM Pilot Posted at 3-26 01:29
No you didn't understand correctly. You can not connect the batterie with your Phone, Computer or anything else. I mean the error of your problem could be one of this booth batteries or on the electronic platin. Take a look at the video under this text. Don't do,what the guy in the video is doing, just use it for understand how the fly batterie is built up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dpo6Y06lU8    (go forward to 3,45min)

Thanks again for your reply. Now is completely clear. Don't worry, I wouldn't do the same that the video guy did it. No way
2021-3-26
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Charlie_hux Posted at 3-26 13:50
Thanks again for your reply. Now is completely clear. Don't worry, I wouldn't do the same that the video guy did it. No way

yeah i think you have to buy a new fly batterie
2021-3-27
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

MM Pilot Posted at 3-27 01:02
yeah i think you have to buy a new fly batterie

I contacted DJI service and their diagnostic is "shortcut". They've asked me to send them the battery for further tests. They said that if the problem meets their warranty policy, it will be repaired-replaced with no charge. If not, they'll send me the cost of repairment. It's so sad that I bought this mini in December 30 2019 and I used it very few times (this battery has only 39 charges and the other two have only 8 and 9. It's only 15 months old. Let's see what happens with DJI. I'll post the ending of this case as soon as I receive the verdict of DJI. Thank you for following up my case.
2021-3-27
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Charlie_hux Posted at 3-27 10:19
I contacted DJI service and their diagnostic is "shortcut". They've asked me to send them the battery for further tests. They said that if the problem meets their warranty policy, it will be repaired-replaced with no charge. If not, they'll send me the cost of repairment. It's so sad that I bought this mini in December 30 2019 and I used it very few times (this battery has only 39 charges and the other two have only 8 and 9. It's only 15 months old. Let's see what happens with DJI. I'll post the ending of this case as soon as I receive the verdict of DJI. Thank you for following up my case.

yeah i can understand you totally, but hey let's hope that it is a warranty case.You didn't use them very often. By the way they should have many many more charging times. But the Dji support is very good, so i think they will repair the battery for free.
2021-3-28
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

MM Pilot Posted at 3-28 02:48
yeah i can understand you totally, but hey let's hope that it is a warranty case.You didn't use them very often. By the way they should have many many more charging times. But the Dji support is very good, so i think they will repair the battery for free.

Hi. I'm very disappointed with DJI. I contacted tech service. I explained and demonstrated that the battery is only 14 months old, that it's been charged only 39 times. That's almost 3 times a month. The response is a weird explanation in how to keep a battery healthy. In their response, they suggest that it's my fault for poor maintenance. I can't believe it! So, should I expect the life time of my DJI products would be only 14 months? I bought a Mini 2 in December. Two drones in less than one year. It's very disappointing learn that DJI has more interest in selling a cheap battery than keeping customers loyalty. It's very disappointing to learn that you can't trust on DJI brand. They simply don't accept that this battery had a problem since it's manufacturing. It's not the cost of the battery. It's the lack of assumption of their responsability for a poor quality component. My other two batteries have 9 and 10 charges. It's a very bad excuse what they say.
2021-3-30
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-24 23:10
Based on the LED indicator, the battery detected short-circuit. Ensure that there is no debris on the battery pin port. If the issue persists after the battery is removed and inserted again, after the battery is mounted to the aircraft, or if the pin port is misshapen, send the battery back. To assist you to open a ticket, please reach out to our Customer Support

Hi. I'm very disappointed with DJI. I contacted tech service. I explained and demonstrated that the battery is only 14 months old, that it's been charged only 39 times. That's almost 3 times a month. The response is a weird explanation in how to keep a battery healthy. In their response, they suggest that it's my fault for poor maintenance. I can't believe it! So, should I expect the life time of my DJI products would be only 14 months? I bought a Mini 2 in December. Two drones in less than one year. It's very disappointing learn that DJI has more interest in selling a cheap battery than keeping customers loyalty. It's very disappointing to learn that you can't trust on DJI brand. They simply don't accept that this battery had a problem since it's manufacturing. It's not the cost of the battery. It's the lack of assumption of their responsability for a poor quality component. My other two batteries have 9 and 10 charges. It's a very bad excuse what they say.
2021-3-30
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

I am sorry to hear that, i also can't believe that! I really thought, that Dji helps you much more than this answer to your problem.
2021-3-31
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I’m sorry but I might have mist something here.
Was his charging block transformer a 1A. Or a 2A.
2021-3-31
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

Donut Michigan Posted at 3-31 15:19
I’m sorry but I might have mist something here.
Was his charging block transformer a 1A. Or a 2A.

I don't know the amperage of the charger. It is the original DJI charger supplied with the fly more combo. I also use the original cable. It works perfectly charging the other two batteries on the hub supplied with the kit and works perfectly charging the remote control. The third battery is the problem.
2021-3-31
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

Charlie_hux Posted at 3-31 17:29
I don't know the amperage of the charger. It is the original DJI charger supplied with the fly more combo. I also use the original cable. It works perfectly charging the other two batteries on the hub supplied with the kit and works perfectly charging the remote control. The third battery is the problem.

Then it’s probably a 2A.. all chargers have the amp put on them.  I act never use any 1 A because they just take forever .
Look very closely on it.
Doug
2021-3-31
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

Hi. Finally, after several hours writing mails to DJI support, shooting videos of the hub's LEDs blinking sequence, writing a detailed description of the battery fail, I sent the battery to DJI technical support in Mexico.
I received the professional diagnostic of the qualified technicIans and engineers of DJI. ¿Can you guess what was the diagnostic? ¿Is there a firmware writing fail? ¿An electronic component of the board failed? ¿A contact pin is broken or dirty? ¿a litium battery failed?...
Well, the unbelievable diagnostic, I guess after intensive research and technical tests that I just received is...
THE BATTERY DOESN'T CHARGE. BUT WE MAY SELL YOU ANOTHER ONE WITH A 20% discount.
Believe it or not, that is the technical diagnostic of the DJI Support technicians in México.
And they also said that "as you bought your product in USA,  we can not guarantee tecnichal support in Mexico".
Unbelievable
2021-4-10
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

Anyone knows the email address of DJI corporative support? I want to send them my claim and disappointing to the highest level possible. I would really appreciate if somebody could give me this information.
2021-4-10
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

I noticed you said 39:times.   Has  anyone charged a battery more than 39 times. I’m wondering if that has something to do with it.
2021-4-10
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

Charlie have you by chance have you changed charging blocks. If I remember right the fly combo doesn’t come with a charging block but I may be wrong.
All charging blocks it you look very close says what output they have.   1A   ,   2A     .some charging blocks have two outputs  one of  each ie 1A & 2A
Never connect to a 1A output  that may cause your problem.
Doug
2021-4-10
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

Donut Michigan Posted at 4-10 17:30
I noticed you said 39:times.   Has  anyone charged a battery more than 39 times. I’m wondering if that has something to do with it.

Well, I guess a high tech battery life is longer than 39 charge circles by far. Actually, any cheap AA ni-cad battery life is at least 500 charge cycles. What to say a mobile phone or laptop computer: maybe several thousands of charge cycles life.
2021-4-10
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

Donut Michigan Posted at 4-10 17:41
Charlie have you by chance have you changed charging blocks. If I remember right the fly combo doesn’t come with a charging block but I may be wrong.
All charging blocks it you look very close says what output they have.   1A   ,   2A     .some charging blocks have two outputs  one of  each ie 1A & 2A
Never connect to a 1A output  that may cause your problem.

The Mini as well as the Mini 2 comes with it's charging block. I always used the original charging block supplied with the combo and also used always only the cable provided with the kit. The other two batteries supplied with the combo are working perfectly. However, I'm considering to sell the drone before it reaches the ridiculous life time of 39 charges. In average, three charges per month. Has anyone here charge his batteries such a huge amount of times a month?
2021-4-10
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

Do you thing they deliberately put a block on the batteries at 39 charges. That would be in the program . That would be a nasty thing to do.
I had a Lorance hand held gps that they made it UN operable after a certain year date to make it obsolete so I had to buy another. It’s a dirty manufactures  trick.
2021-4-10
Use props
Charlie_hux
lvl.1
Mexico

Donut Michigan Posted at 4-10 19:20
Do you thing they deliberately put a block on the batteries at 39 charges. That would be in the program . That would be a nasty thing to do.
I had a Lorance hand held gps that they made it UN operable after a certain year date to make it obsolete so I had to buy another. It’s a dirty manufactures  trick.

Not really. What I guess is that specific battery had a quality problem since it's manufacturing. DJI  should be interested, more than I am in investigating the reason for  a brand new battery fail. It's the response of DJI what make me feels angry and definitely I won't trust on the brand any more. I was ready to buy two DJI Ronin Pro camera gimballs ( I'm weddings photo and videographer) but I won't at all.. With such weird and stupid answer of the technical DJI support to something as cheap as a battery, I can imagine what would they say if an expensive gimballs or drone fails. They would say: your product is over, buy another one. So I'm considering to buy my camera gimballs from another manufacturer. Sorry DJI, you've lose a customer for a cheap 65 bucks battery.
2021-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules