Lens Cap simply unscrews?
654 10 2021-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
briantho
lvl.1

Switzerland

I can't find anything in the manual about this: I tried unscrewing the lens cap but it seems a bit reluctant to come off and I don't want to break anything. Can I just assume it's a normal, anticlockwise movement (threaded) or is there some trick involved?
2021-3-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, briantho. Thanks for reaching out! To protect the lens, the lens filter cap is firmly attached to the camera. If you cannot remove the cap, then you can use a tool that has protection or a cloth to remove it. Using a metal tool to detach the lens filter cap is not recommended as the cap's surface may be scratched. Please always cover a piece of cloth over the lens filter cap to prevent damage when using a tool.
2021-3-21
Use props
briantho
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-21 02:31
Hi, briantho. Thanks for reaching out! To protect the lens, the lens filter cap is firmly attached to the camera. If you cannot remove the cap, then you can use a tool that has protection or a cloth to remove it. Using a metal tool to detach the lens filter cap is not recommended as the cap's surface may be scratched. Please always cover a piece of cloth over the lens filter cap to prevent damage when using a tool.

Thanks for that but before doing anything I'd appreciate confirmation that it actually UNSCREWS (as opposed to simply pulling off) and that the thread of the screw dictates movement in an anticlockwise direction. Sincere thanks.
2021-3-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Yes.   the lens protector will  unscrew, it is  overly tightened by the factory.

2021-3-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

briantho Posted at 3-21 02:48
Thanks for that but before doing anything I'd appreciate confirmation that it actually UNSCREWS (as opposed to simply pulling off) and that the thread of the screw dictates movement in an anticlockwise direction. Sincere thanks.

Yes, you need to unscrew it counter-clockwise. The video posted by Fishycomics is an example and would help you.

Many thanks, Fishycomics.
2021-3-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

this a  tool that 3rd party people make, not by DJI that will correctly get your lens cap you call off.  https://amzn.to/3tz0v6q
2021-3-21
Use props
briantho
lvl.1

Switzerland

OK, thanks both of you. I twisted it off OK with hardly a grimace nor damaging my thumb and forefinger. All good!
2021-3-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Please remember once off damage can occure, also the lens protector is fragile.
2021-3-21
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Also it is the Achilles' heel of the Action when it comes to water resistance. So make sure it is super tight if you are going to dip the action into water.
2021-3-21
Use props
briantho
lvl.1

Switzerland

CemAygun Posted at 3-21 15:05
Also it is the Achilles' heel of the Action when it comes to water resistance. So make sure it is super tight if you are going to dip the action into water.

Good advice both of you and much appreciated. Thanks.
2021-3-21
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

briantho Posted at 3-21 23:11
Good advice both of you and much appreciated. Thanks.

You are welcome
2021-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules