USB-C video out
2592 11 2021-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skatelite
lvl.1

Romania

Hello, I can't seem to get the goggles to output video via USB-C, even if it's mentioned as a feature. It did work during activation in the fly app, but now the only options there are to connect aircraft (FPV not included) or to switch to camera view, which did show image during setup and now it's not working anymore.

Any thoughts? Am I missing any settings?

Thanks!
2021-3-21
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

It is pretty hard to follow your thoughts. The video out is only working in DJI FPV DRONE mode. You just connect the fly app via USB C and OTG adapter to your goggles and the Fly App is showing what your DJI FPV DRONE sees ... (OTG has to be plugged in the goggles btw)
2021-3-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, skatelite. Thanks for reaching out! Please make sure that the aircraft, remote, and goggles are already turned on and linked to each other before connecting your mobile device to the goggle and launching the DJI Fly.
2021-3-21
Use props
skatelite
lvl.1

Romania

tomekyo Posted at 3-21 04:08
It is pretty hard to follow your thoughts. The video out is only working in DJI FPV DRONE mode. You just connect the fly app via USB C and OTG adapter to your goggles and the Fly App is showing what your DJI FPV DRONE sees ... (OTG has to be plugged in the goggles btw)

Thanks for the answer. Since I mentioned that it worked at some point, I reckoned it's pretty obvious that connecting the phone to the goggles was not the issue. It's connected via OTG and nothing shows up in the app, as it should. That is my issue.
2021-3-21
Use props
skatelite
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-21 05:37
Hi, skatelite. Thanks for reaching out! Please make sure that the aircraft, remote, and goggles are already turned on and linked to each other before connecting your mobile device to the goggle and launching the DJI Fly.

Everything is turned on, linked (I can fly the drone without issues), phone connected via OTG still the video feed fails to appear.
2021-3-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

skatelite Posted at 3-21 08:49
Everything is turned on, linked (I can fly the drone without issues), phone connected via OTG still the video feed fails to appear.

Please restart the goggles, remote, aircraft, and your phone then test it again. Should the problem continues, you can opt to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly to see if that would resolve the issue (Note: It'll delete all the files and settings stored within the DJI Fly). If you also have a different connection cable, please test it also.
2021-3-22
Use props
skatelite
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-22 00:38
Please restart the goggles, remote, aircraft, and your phone then test it again. Should the problem continues, you can opt to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly to see if that would resolve the issue (Note: It'll delete all the files and settings stored within the DJI Fly). If you also have a different connection cable, please test it also.

Completely uninstalled the app, restarted everything, there's a slight progress (?) - when I switch to camera view on the phone, the interface appears (previously it was completely black), but with the "RC not connected to mobile device" error.
Tried 3 different cables, restarted everything - phone, goggles, remote, drone.
To rule out a problem with my phone (Xiaomi 10T Pro) I also installed the app on a Samsung tablet. Same results.
2021-3-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

skatelite Posted at 3-21 08:49
Everything is turned on, linked (I can fly the drone without issues), phone connected via OTG still the video feed fails to appear.

Kindly check also if you're running the current version of the DJI Fly. For Android devices, please download the DJI Fly here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-3-22
Use props
skatelite
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-22 05:36
Kindly check also if you're running the current version of the DJI Fly. For Android devices, please download the DJI Fly here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Yes, I have re-downloaded this version after uninstalling earlier today. The app version is shown as 1.3.0 on both the phone and the tablet.
2021-3-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

skatelite Posted at 3-22 06:01
Yes, I have re-downloaded this version after uninstalling earlier today. The app version is shown as 1.3.0 on both the phone and the tablet.

We'll have this check with our team. If there's any information that we'll be needing, we'll keep you posted. Thanks for submitting your concern here.
2021-3-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

skatelite Posted at 3-22 06:01
Yes, I have re-downloaded this version after uninstalling earlier today. The app version is shown as 1.3.0 on both the phone and the tablet.

Hi, there. We're still checking about the issue you have submitted but we'd like to know if the problem also persists after using different cables to connect to your phone. Also, please check whether it was properly connected via OTG. You can post a photo of your setup so we can further check it. Many thanks!
2021-3-26
Use props
djiuser_fiCx7rAfIadS
lvl.1
United States

I just struggled with this for a while today, and the photo above helped me realize my mistake. The direction of the cable connection is vital. If you use USB-C to USB-C, it should work with no issue, but it will drain extra power from your goggles. So, it's best if you use USB-C to USB-A. Then, make sure the A end leads to the connection of the goggles, not the phone. I was doing the opposite and nothing would connect. So, like the photo above, connect the dongle/adapter to your goggles, and that will set you up for success.
2022-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules