Motionlapse and Hyperlapse Tests
951 7 2021-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snoopoff
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi guys - I did a promotional video for a client opening their new office and decided to make a motionlapse to include in it. I needed a total timelapse of about 15 seconds (30fps), and overall time to record about 30 mins. I think it was set to take photos every 4 seconds. Settings were manual WB and max ISO 1600 which I think was a mistake as it kept the exposure quite bright until almost the end. Next time I would max it up to 800. Those were my settings for a day to night timelapse, if someone has done this before and has some tips I am open for suggestions The final video for my client can be found at the bottom of the post. I shot 1080p video + RAW, below are both - the straight out of the camera motionlapse + the edited and stiched together in Photoshop raw files. I also took a hyperlapse driving back (should have cleaned my windshield better).

Straight out of the camera 1080p video:

Same motionalpse from raw files:

Hyperlapse on my way back:

Final clip for the client here:

Thanks

2021-3-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nicely done! Great video and thanks for sharing your work here, Snoopoff.
2021-3-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-3-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice man.
Saving for a P2 myself!
2021-3-22
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

That was a really good video
2021-3-24
Use props
fans5e0e4445
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Good work!!
2021-3-25
Use props
Snoopoff
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you!
2021-3-26
Use props
tomlesser
lvl.2
United States

Nice. Comparing the motion in the 1080p straight from the camera to the version you processed from the raw files, my sense is that - at least in the first few seconds, when the camera is facing the oncoming cars - the cars are more blurred in the 1080p version.  Did you adjust the raw files in any way before you processed the video?
2022-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules